Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

The odor from the plastic intake manifold is...

The odor from the plastic intake manifold is nothing to be concerned with . I have pulled several cars off to the side of the road when the the odor started coming through the vents , then lift the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Ahhh, in that case it's most likely just a hot...

Ahhh, in that case it's most likely just a hot catalytic converter. Although I push my engine to 6000 rpm's for hills occasionally the CVT will rev the motor between 3500-5000 rpm a lot on cruise...
  3. Replies
    Views

Extremely doubtful your clutch is the culprit. It...

Extremely doubtful your clutch is the culprit. It would likely have glazed and lost its grippyness from slipping up a mountain lmao!! (IE: you would need a tow truck)

What's a plastic intake...
  4. Replies
    Views

Do what now? The intake manifold doesn't give...

Do what now? The intake manifold doesn't give off an odor just because it is plastic. Unless it is cracked or broken and is letting vapors from the PCV system escape, it would not have any way to...
  5. Replies
    Views

The smell is likely the plastic intake manifold ....

The smell is likely the plastic intake manifold . Yaris we had and Hondas did / do it occasionally .
  6. Replies
    Views

I still maintain it is not the clutch and that...

I still maintain it is not the clutch and that the dealer is not going to be able to reproduce the problem. Are you getting whiffs of a smell while driving? Or is there a strong, pungent smell that...
  7. Replies
    Views

Bring it up during your visit and see what your...

Bring it up during your visit and see what your shop has to say. Try to avoid diagnosing it yourself while discussing it with the service desk, just to see what they suggest might be happening. Do...
  8. Replies
    Views

HOW TO: Adjust clutch engagement point -...

HOW TO: Adjust clutch engagement point - Mitsubishi Mirage / Space Star

Clutch adjustment!!! (Solved shifting problems)
  9. Replies
    Views

Nah, you could do it yourself. If you don't have...

Nah, you could do it yourself. If you don't have tools, find someone that does and ask their advice. 5 minute adjustment if you include opening a beverage, and the satisfaction of doing it yourself...
  10. Replies
    Views

Clutch smell is very distinct — unless you are...

Clutch smell is very distinct — unless you are slipping the clutch A LOTwhen starting off or when downshifting, I doubt it is that.

Most cars, especially those with smaller engines, emit sort of a...
  11. Replies
    Views

This could be the plastic intake manifold . This...

This could be the plastic intake manifold . This has occurred with Yaris and Fits that we have . It happens when climbing steep mountains , especially new cars . I've pulled over to pop the hood and...
  12. Replies
    Views

This definitely sounds like a clutch slippage...

This definitely sounds like a clutch slippage issue. How much free play (when you release the clutch pedal from the floor) when does the clutch engage? It should begin engaging about a couple of...
  13. Replies
    Views

There's lots of things that could be going on...

There's lots of things that could be going on here.

Some Forum members have complained that their clutch was out of adjustment. If your clutch needs adjustment it could lead to slipping, and...
  14. Replies
    Views

Mitsubishi Owners Day 2016

Mitsubishi has set the West & East Coast Owners Meet dates in case you haven't seen the dates:

West Coast--July 9th, 9am-1pm Mitsubishi Motors North America Cypress, California.

East...
  15. Replies
    Views

If you want to minimize a/c surge run it on...

If you want to minimize a/c surge run it on recirculation and higher temperature setting. That reduces load and improves MPG and reduces surge.

And it will feel better after break in, less load...
  16. Check out laceygirl's garage entry thread on her...

Check out laceygirl's garage entry thread on her Baby Girl for inspiration. She hasn't posted for a while but she put up loads of details on her mods. It's a nice place to start.

Baby Girl ::...
  17. Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage.

Welcome to the site and congrats on the Mirage.
  18. Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you're...

Welcome to the forum!! Sounds like you're enjoying your Mirage already! Keep us all updated on your modifications, post a few pictures in your "garage" when you have a chance and if you want to...
  19. Hahaha I love the name of your Mirage. Welcome to...

Hahaha I love the name of your Mirage. Welcome to the forums! I feel the same way, I test drove a CVT but had them ship me a 5mt from another dealer.

If you do come back to the east side be sure...