Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

With hardly anywhere to go (working from home but...

With hardly anywhere to go (working from home but in IT for a local government so going in when needed), I went a full 32 days between fill-ups. $1.59 on Thursday. I was on the last bar, and it...
  2. Replies
    Views

5 year ownership report

I'm not on here much anymore, but Monday was the 5-year car anniversary (carversary?) of owning my 2015 Mirage. I thought I'd give a boring report of how it has gone.

It has gone: Boringly well....
  3. Replies
    Views

Forecasters got it wrong, as usual, but we still...

Forecasters got it wrong, as usual, but we still had probably 4-6" of snow, and some ice thrown in for good measure. The wind caused part of the street in front of our house to be nearly bare...
  4. Replies
    Views

I actually haven't. It has been an incredibly...

I actually haven't. It has been an incredibly mild winter in Central Ohio so far. I'm not complaining!

I will say I'm not as pleased as I hoped to be about wet weather traction. Maybe it's...
  5. Replies
    Views

13034 (apologies if upside down. Chrome shows...

(apologies if upside down. Chrome shows it upside-down, but photo viewer shows it right side up)

Not a decal, but I'm still deciding if I want to turn my Mirage into a Space Star. :)
  6. Replies
    Views

I just checked, and they're at 10/32". I haven't...

I just checked, and they're at 10/32". I haven't even put 500 miles on them, so that should be pretty accurate for new.

Also, got gas today so I've got a mileage update. 43.3mpg for the tank. ...
  7. Replies
    Views

Here's my 2 week review so far: I'm quite happy...

Here's my 2 week review so far: I'm quite happy with the tires.

Traction overall isn't *as* nice as I'd like, there's still some tire slippage. I'm guessing it's just the combo of skinny tires...
  8. Replies
    Views

My new OEM-size tires: Vredestein Quatrac 5

I was at 35k miles on my original Ensave tires, and had a sidewall bubble in one that finally popped on my way to work last Tuesday. I've seen a few posts on here about the Vredestein...
  9. After a little bit of dumb money handling in my...

After a little bit of dumb money handling in my 20's, I've paid off my credit cards every month for the past 15+ years, and continue to live below my means. Did wonders for my credit score (815). I...
  10. Replies
    Views

Here's another new one from my local Mitsubishi...

Here's another new one from my local Mitsubishi dealer. 2017 G4 ES 5 speed - $8,997 Assuming, of course, you get the military and loyalty discounts. Even without, it's still $9,997.
  11. Replies
    Views

I hate insurance too, but I'd think twice about...

I hate insurance too, but I'd think twice about both of those. Insurance is (or at least feels like) a scam, as long as you don't need to use it. When I moved out on my own, I got minimum coverage....
  12. Sure beats having a live bee in it! :D

Sure beats having a live bee in it! :D
  13. Columbus Mitsubishi North is where I got mine,...

Columbus Mitsubishi North is where I got mine, they were great. I work about 3 miles away from there, and my wife, about 1/2 a mile. It used to be the Saturn dealership where my Saturn went for...
  14. Replies
    Views

I've had this happen on occasion with this forum....

I've had this happen on occasion with this forum. Likely a bad advertisement.

I've been in IT a looooong time. The biggest giveaway, more than the poor English, is the absolutely DIRE...
  15. Solution: Mirage doors freezing shut - use dielectric silicone

I've always felt that the door seals on my Mirage were a little "sticky", especially on colder days. You'd pull the handle, and the door wouldn't open until the door seal unstuck itself from the...
  16. It's fun to use RockAuto to see what parts are...

It's fun to use RockAuto to see what parts are interchangable and with what. When looking at the part, click the part number and it'll bring up the guide. For instance, the accessory belt on a 1980...
  17. Last fall, I was actually able to fit 8' long...

Last fall, I was actually able to fit 8' long metal fence posts in there by doing just that. They ended up sitting on the dashboard, frighteningly close to the windshield. I always carry a towel...
  18. Replies
    Views

I've got Rhino ramps, and it's not hard to hit...

I've got Rhino ramps, and it's not hard to hit the end. I probably do it every time I go up on my ramps. There's so much resistance getting up the ramps that once you hit the level part, it's a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Very nice! If it were me, I'd make the ramps a...

Very nice! If it were me, I'd make the ramps a little longer, and for the piece to stop you from driving too far, I would put it on top and screw it down from the top, rather than into the back. ...
  20. Agreed. Seems to be a narrower gauge than other...

Agreed. Seems to be a narrower gauge than other cars. I think the breadboard jumper wires for my Arduino are as thick. :D
  21. My daily commute is only 5-6 miles, so I wont be...

My daily commute is only 5-6 miles, so I wont be in the 50mpg lifetime club. However, I did just get back from Thanksgiving, going from Central Ohio to Western North Carolina. I went US-23 the...
  22. I've always said if I won the lottery, I'd quit...

I've always said if I won the lottery, I'd quit my job, buy low mileage late-model wrecked cars, and disassemble them for parts to sell on eBay/Craigslist/etc. I'd make money, but wouldn't have to...
  23. In-N-Out is downright magical. 2nd St and PCH,...

In-N-Out is downright magical. 2nd St and PCH, definitely been to that one before. I spent the first 21 years of my life in Long Beach and *never* made it to Catalina Island. Ridiculous, I know. ...
  24. Replies
    Views

My guess is they're misrepresenting the actual...

My guess is they're misrepresenting the actual price. From the link: "AS THE AD SAYS, BUY IT WITH NO CREDIT FOR 2000 DOWN AND 20% OFF RETAIL PRICE."

Ironically, the very next sentence is, "WE...
  25. My commute is entirely suburban driving, and I...

My commute is entirely suburban driving, and I average around 44mpg. Took a long trip this weekend, and coming home from Grove City, PA to Columbus, OH, going the speed limit (or maximum 65mph in...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4