Search:

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. A couple comments: Walmart battery replacement...

A couple comments: Walmart battery replacement sucks, it only works one time. Replaced battery is not covered.

We had 185/60, but on stock steelies they wore out with typical overinflated pattern....
  2. Poll: East coast to west, from Mexico to Canada, 11.5k...

East coast to west, from Mexico to Canada, 11.5k and counting. Will be around 17k when we get home.
  3. That quite could be. I have modified gearing on...

That quite could be. I have modified gearing on motorcycles in the past, and 10% reduction in gearing combined with reduced restrictions in intake/exhaust give noticeable improvement in MPG.
  4. Replies
    Views

Elio = vaporware Nice idea though

Elio = vaporware

Nice idea though
  5. Placebo effect? the MPG increase from removing...

Placebo effect?

the MPG increase from removing <2% of the weight would be ~0.5%, less than margin of error. Pump calibration and shut off, road condition, temperatures, rain, windo would have...
  6. Time to install vortex generatiors. :D

Time to install vortex generatiors. :D
  7. From personal experience TEIN are definitely...

From personal experience TEIN are definitely softer than OEM. No-name sold as AutoDinasty, MAX Spring, etc are harder but reduce height and similarly to TEIN reduce travel. They may bottom out but...
  8. Replies
    Views

If you concern about MPG get a hitch carrier for...

If you concern about MPG get a hitch carrier for mountain bike. They generate less drag than roof.

Not sure if can get ski hitch carrier though good luck

EDIT: Thule makes one ...
  9. Replies
    Views

So we had our Mirage to Deal's Gap

actually not me, my son.

He managed one run in both directions (his first time being there).

He was complaining about lack of power on uphill, with 3 people and days worth of camping...
  10. Just for the record: when we were replacing front...

Just for the record: when we were replacing front springs I took time to grease top mount bearings. That alone with wider 185/60 tire had improved steering feel. That and eliminating most of body...
  11. Replies
    Views

on OP: how about instead putting an additional...

on OP: how about instead putting an additional cooler, just helping existing one to work better? For example Watter wetter in coolant, better synthetic oil in CVT, magnetic plug to keep contamination...
  12. Replies
    Views

On Torque: if you know/find out PID for temp you...

On Torque: if you know/find out PID for temp you can add it manually.

Never tried though personally
  13. I wish the Escalade which nailed me on the...

I wish the Escalade which nailed me on the traffic light and totaled me had it
  14. Replies
    Views

Rear oem springs are 12" uncompressed 9"...

Rear oem springs are 12" uncompressed 9" compressed as I recall, should be ~130lbs/im with seat 2 1/8"
  15. What springs rates f/r are you running? Camber...

What springs rates f/r are you running? Camber kit? Or this is 100% stock?
  16. Replies
    Views

They have really bad rap with Gen1 Insight...

They have really bad rap with Gen1 Insight owners. As the matter of fact they think Enasavers are huge improvement over re92
  17. I would suggest to get OBDII reader, Torque Pro...

I would suggest to get OBDII reader, Torque Pro and monitor it. I have done that on Prius and the inverter and MGs stayed cool as long as the temps were below 70s. If you need to use A/C, don't...
  18. Replies
    Views

Usually approaching traffic lights. BUT you'd be...

Usually approaching traffic lights. BUT you'd be surprised how many people either don't see more than 10 feet in front of car, or gun to traffic light so they get a few more seconds to send that text...
  19. It looks more and more like Nissan ratted...

It looks more and more like Nissan ratted Mitsubishi out to get a better hold of kei car manufacturing enterprise. I mean if everyone else is cheating including yourself, why else would you do that?
  20. Here you have it: Nissan caught cheating on...

Here you have it: Nissan caught cheating on Emissions in South Korea:
    http://www.wsj.com/articles/south-korea-to-order-nissan-to-recall-qashqai-suvs-over-emissions-1463383054
  21. Replies
    Views

If you want to minimize a/c surge run it on...

If you want to minimize a/c surge run it on recirculation and higher temperature setting. That reduces load and improves MPG and reduces surge.

And it will feel better after break in, less load...
  22. Replies
    Views

10% ethanol reduces MPG by ~3%. Anything more...

10% ethanol reduces MPG by ~3%. Anything more (typical for mid-west) could see a substantial drop even 20% is possible

As inuvik says the MPG will improve after a few thousands due to...
  23. Replies
    Views

I think OEM Enasaves are rated A too, they have...

I think OEM Enasaves are rated A too, they have the same rating as EP001s in Japan
  24. Replies
    Views

It is rated as "C" on fuel efficiency. I think...

It is rated as "C" on fuel efficiency. I think you can do better when it is time to replace tires; there are choices in B and even A.

Judging by your 55 MPG you must be spending alot of time at...
  25. ^^38psi isn't enough you want it to be 42-44 if...

^^38psi isn't enough you want it to be 42-44 if MPG is what you are after.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4