Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

On our Wisconsin driven 2014, the rotors rust...

On our Wisconsin driven 2014, the rotors rust along the outer edge. The rust starts to flake, and rubs on the backing plate or dust shield. This makes a scraping noise, especially at slow speed...
  2. Like some of you good people, I, too, am...

Like some of you good people, I, too, am forgetful. Right after I plug in my block heater, I drape the orange extension cord over the driver’s door side view mirror. When I come back to the car and...
  3. Replies
    Views

I used an old road bike inner tube. Cut a few...

I used an old road bike inner tube. Cut a few inches from the valve, rolled ends held with binder clips, lightly inflated just to hold its shape. It just lays there, not attached to anything.
  4. Replies
    Views

Nice job. Sealing that vent tubing at the snorkle...

Nice job. Sealing that vent tubing at the snorkle with aluminum tape, and insulating the tube from the cold air passing through the engine compartment will help raise those intake temps.
  5. Replies
    Views

Sold.

Sold.
  6. Replies
    Views

Hey there, Eggman. Yep, its mine. In my garage,...

Hey there, Eggman. Yep, its mine. In my garage, it is "nameless". Sorry, I should have pointed that out.
  7. Replies
    Views

I am with Wells. VW buses are a pile of fun. ...

I am with Wells. VW buses are a pile of fun.

Here we are at the Dead show last July. Ours is the green & white '78 on the left.

And here's the '58.

8. Replies
    Views

Done deal. Thanks, everybody. This forum is a...

Done deal. Thanks, everybody. This forum is a great group of folks.
  9. Replies
    Views

Adding a warm air intake shortens the time it...

Adding a warm air intake shortens the time it takes to get your motor up to operating temperature, and it works very well with a grille block.
  10. Replies
    Views

No, I just re-used an old ad, as we are looking...

No, I just re-used an old ad, as we are looking for a second set of tires. We have two mirages.
  11. Replies
    Views

Here is one of mine. 4714

Here is one of mine.

12. The Weathertech deflectors snap into the window...

The Weathertech deflectors snap into the window groove in the door. They aren't taped or glued or anything. They are pressure fit. You can remove them and install them in a matter of minutes.
  13. Sure. Here ya go. Sorry, I don't know why the...

Sure. Here ya go.

Sorry, I don't know why the pictures are upside down. Taken on an iPad. ??
  14. My radiator fan comes on at 220 F and turns back...

My radiator fan comes on at 220 F and turns back off around 206 F. No warning lights.
  15. As a Very Last Resort, on a car that I didn't...

As a Very Last Resort, on a car that I didn't need to use anytime soon, I jammed a screwdriver through the filter to get the leverage to unscrew it. I am not recommending that you do this. It's just...
  16. I wondered why mitsubishi designed the tank that...

I wondered why mitsubishi designed the tank that way, then I found this on a BMW forum:

"Be careful not to top up all the way in the winter if you're in an area where it gets cold. If you have...
  17. The challenge was for the longest distance on a...

The challenge was for the longest distance on a tank of fuel. The hatchback's tank has a 35 liter capacity, while the sedan's tank has a 42 liter capacity.
  18. Weathertech group buy, like we did with the Ultra...

Weathertech group buy, like we did with the Ultra Racing bars?
  19. Replies
    Views

We ordered 2 of these 11812 heaters through CarId...

We ordered 2 of these 11812 heaters through CarId in November, 2014. They are still on back order and are expected to ship in March. The listing said they were in stock, back in November. Each month...
  20. Replies
    Views

I ran a couple tests to see if the wai allows the...

I ran a couple tests to see if the wai allows the engine to warm up faster in cold weather.

With WAI installed, 28 degrees F ambient temperature - coolant reached 190 F with intake air at 101 F...
  21. Replies
    Views

Yeah, that's a piece of duct insulation draped...

Yeah, that's a piece of duct insulation draped over the WAI, air box and intake manifold. That blanket also keeps the wai from pulling in cold air that's coming in through the front of the car.
  22. Replies
    Views

That's a great idea, 91cavgt. Some of the old air...

That's a great idea, 91cavgt. Some of the old air cooled volkswagens had a similar setup on the oil bath air cleaner. There was a preheat hose running to the heater box, and a weighted flap at the...
  23. Replies
    Views

I think the WAI works well in this configuration....

I think the WAI works well in this configuration. The intake air temp starts going up as soon as the engine is started. My engine gets up to operating temp (190 F, not 137 F when the low coolant temp...
  24. Replies
    Views

Did your high coolant temp warning light come on?...

Did your high coolant temp warning light come on? It's the same light as the low coolant temp light, but it comes on red instead of green. My radiator fan kicks on at about 220 degrees F coolant...
  25. Replies
    Views

Yes, I have been running it all year. I use a...

Yes, I have been running it all year. I use a scanguage to monitor intake air temperature and coolant temperature. In summer I open up the grille block some to let more cooling air to the radiator,...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3