Search:

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Elantra people are just as weird as Mirage...

Elantra people are just as weird as Mirage people. I'm seeing the same comments amongst Elantra owners as I saw here. Pimping em out for handling, changing logos on the car, adding wings, wanting...
  2. Last entry 307,435 miles Got the windshield...

Last entry

307,435 miles Got the windshield replaced a few days ago, changed the oil yesterday and sold the car today.

The new owner of Cheap Plastic Car just drove off in it. Seems like...
  3. For anyone interested, the car is now officially...

For anyone interested, the car is now officially for sale.

https://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/d/livingston-2014-mitsubishi-mirage-gas/7504217860.html
  4. Shoot, I'm thinking of recording my maintenance...

Shoot, I'm thinking of recording my maintenance on this site. I believe Hyundai does free oil changes at 7,500 mile intervals for something like 36,000 miles. I'm thinking of ditching that and...
  5. Amen. I've been preaching against Korean cars...

Amen. I've been preaching against Korean cars for decades. The 2013 engine recall was a pretty big deal. Hopefully this car proves me wrong. I'd like to get 300k miles and six years out of it.
  6. I’ve been preaching against Korean cars for the...

I’ve been preaching against Korean cars for the last 25 years. This go around I was considering getting a Toyota Corolla but the Elantra has so many more features and gets the best gas mileage out...
  7. 306,108 miles I haven't had the tires...

306,108 miles I haven't had the tires rotated/balanced yet. I ended up inspecting the car myself and found that the rear passenger side drum brake was not properly adjusted. The shoes were rubbing...
  8. Certainly glad to be back. Dad's car now has a...

Certainly glad to be back. Dad's car now has a check engine light that is causing it to not pass emissions. Being that it doesn't look like a cheap and easy fix, I had to think of something to keep...
  9. 302,915 miles Paid the mechanic to replace my...

302,915 miles

Paid the mechanic to replace my transmission, clutch, and do front/rear brakes.

I provided him with a low mileage transmission from LKQ, Redline gear oil, brake calipers and...
  10. Shoot, if anyone on the forum wants to mess with...

Shoot, if anyone on the forum wants to mess with it I’ll sell it here for $1,000. Y’all know the history on it. Car has a few scratches and dents but it’s been a good car.

I’m going out of...
  11. Finally dropped it off at a the mechanic last...

Finally dropped it off at a the mechanic last week. Just received a phone call that the car has an internal transmission problem. It’s been a nice three years, but I suppose it’s time to move...
  12. Replies
    Views

Right now the plan is to simply see how the...

Right now the plan is to simply see how the transmission shifts after the clutch is replaced. Should it fix my problem then it’s time for new brake pads and whatever else it is I do every 100k...
  13. Replies
    Views

That looks like the perfect combination since I...

That looks like the perfect combination since I don’t already have a slide hammer. I just learned Monday is suppose to be some sort of BLM economy blackout thing. That being said, I’m going to...
  14. Replies
    Views

I have a set of drive up ramps. I’m not trying...

I have a set of drive up ramps. I’m not trying to be a smart ass but how can I drive up ramps when the car doesn’t have any front wheels?

15. Replies
    Views

https://youtu.be/7WafBMNcpRk

https://youtu.be/7WafBMNcpRk
  16. Replies
    Views

My compressor self destructed on the inside. I...

My compressor self destructed on the inside. I was just throwing that out there that I caused myself a bigger problem by attempting to run the compressor anyway.

I doubt the insides of his...
  17. Replies
    Views

https://www.lkqonline.com/2014-Mitsubishi-Mirage-a...

https://www.lkqonline.com/2014-Mitsubishi-Mirage-ac-Compressor/-hNSPO33Ocm3Kcm3K/-i~235129342

$121 is the online price for one with “free” shipping and a six month warranty. Of course it’s even...
  18. Replies
    Views

My advice would be to just replace the compressor...

My advice would be to just replace the compressor and be done with it.

I had a similar issue on the Delorean several years ago. Out of stupidity, I decided to keep running the AC anyway,...
  19. 301,130 miles Changed the oil with Supertech 5w30...

301,130 miles Changed the oil with Supertech 5w30 Conventional and an AC Delco filter.

Dad passed away a few weeks ago so I've been a bit too busy to mess with the clutch. I'm still limping along...
  20. 18248

21. Most American's don't get as much life out of...

Most American's don't get as much life out of cars as I do. The average consumer gets a scratch on their car, or a tear in a seat and instantly thinks they have an old piece of junk. To me, there...
  22. Replies
    Views

Maybe I'm missing something but won't removing...

Maybe I'm missing something but won't removing the doors increase wind resistance? Not sure what your goal is here. Are you looking to increase MPG, or is just just purely about weight loss.
  23. No updates other than I've been busy and am still...

No updates other than I've been busy and am still driving the thing around. The car just hit 298,000 miles. I figure, I might as well put it off another 2,000 miles just so I can say I got 300,000...
  24. Replies
    Views

How much do you weigh and how tall are you?

How much do you weigh and how tall are you?
  25. Replies
    Views

I have to disagree. A bigger battery will make...

I have to disagree. A bigger battery will make the car go faster. Increase the battery size, put a few lightning bolt stickers on the side of the car, and you will suddenly have a car capable of...
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4