Search:

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

85% of new car purchases are financed. In total,...

85% of new car purchases are financed. In total, 43% of Americans have a car payment. These people do not own their car. The bank does.

Only 65% of Americans "own" a home. Of those, 63% are paying...
  2. Replies
    Views

As long as you aren't one of the many assholes on...

As long as you aren't one of the many assholes on the road who love to blind me on the daily with either their high beams (don't want to sound racist, but almost always Indian/Pakistani folks - maybe...
  3. Lol good lord that looks tacky. At least, IMO ...

Lol good lord that looks tacky. At least, IMO

The over fenders/rock guards have been available for the Mirage since at least the first facelift. I think they are only marketed in Europe, though,...
  4. I get readouts like this cruising @55mph (58mpg)...

I get readouts like this cruising @55mph (58mpg) in my hatch w/ CVT. However, it was generally agreed on by the forum that my swapped dash cluster was reading out Imperial gallons instead of USA...
  5. Replies
    Views

Earlier this week my fingernails were getting...

Earlier this week my fingernails were getting long enough to start annoying me, so before I trimmed them, I used my manly claws to quickly remove all the retainer clips on the panel in the rear hatch...
  6. Replies
    Views

Thanks for posting the walkthrough, @jimmy409!...

Thanks for posting the walkthrough, @jimmy409! Changed my fluid today after doing 10K miles since the last change (did it at the dealership at 10K miles and they wanted like $270 for it -...
  7. Replies
    Views

As opposed to the hydraulic power steering used...

As opposed to the hydraulic power steering used in vehicles in the past, modern vehicles like the Mirage use Electronic Power Steering (EPS). As the name implies, EPS using electronic power and an...
  8. Aw man, Dirk, sorry for your loss. I feel your...

Aw man, Dirk, sorry for your loss. I feel your pain - your little green car was so cool. Best of luck getting things all sorted out.
  9. Replies
    Views

The Mirage is not a good platform for performance...

The Mirage is not a good platform for performance mods, especially in the west. Apparently there is an "okay" modding community in ASEAN countries, but those people rarely stray onto the English...
  10. Having just looked for cars in my area yesterday,...

Having just looked for cars in my area yesterday, it would seem the stock shortage is still in full swing. Within 500 miles of me, the cheapest new cars are still Sparks and Mirages, but the cheapest...
  11. Replies
    Views

I moved to the Seattle area after growing up in...

I moved to the Seattle area after growing up in the east coast rust belt (Pittsburgh, PA). The Pacific Northwest is like paradise for cars in comparison. I had a buddy come out to visit, and he was...
  12. The question's already been answered here, i.e....

The question's already been answered here, i.e. yes, the pump may have shut off prematurely and also, yes, modern vehicles all have a decently-sized reserve that doesn't register on the gauge.
  13. Replies
    Views

I mean... yeah. This is true of most modern cars,...

I mean... yeah. This is true of most modern cars, honestly. I love trucks, awesome vehicles, but in the vast majority of cases, the vast majority of the time, they are overkill.

In any case, I'm...
  14. The real underlying question here is where the...

The real underlying question here is where the actual unit conversion is being done. You would expect it would be done by the ECU, with the gauge cluster just acting as a display (think: your...
  15. Replies
    Views

Sticky: 21962 21963 21964 Added the side guard...

Added the side guard strips, bumper guard, and LED side markers to my car this weekend. I think the side guards help visually break up the side of the car a bit more, as it...
  16. 21961 For a 110 mile drive to Canada this...

For a 110 mile drive to Canada this weekend.

Checked at the pump - that is correct. :eek:
  17. Replies
    Views

MirageRally shot me a message today asking how...

MirageRally shot me a message today asking how things were going - I think he was getting into riding about the same time as me, so I would love to hear an update from him. I'll post mine here (in...
  18. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I was recently able to pick up a set of the LED...

I was recently able to pick up a set of the LED DRL's for my 2018 Mirage for ~$330 shipped. They come in a really neat little kit with the new bumper parts, LED controller boxes (for some reason?), a...
  19. Replies
    Views

Yep, it's quite good - can recommend. It comes...

Yep, it's quite good - can recommend.

It comes with transparent sheets or rubber/tape that the instructions tell you to stick on your car. Ignore that and stick them to the feet on the racks...
  20. Replies
    Views

Nah it's just raw supply and demand

Nah it's just raw supply and demand
  21. They have armies of little old ladies whose job...

They have armies of little old ladies whose job it is to clean the streets.

I've had to teach many of my Chinese colleagues not to throw litter out the windows of their car when they come here....
  22. Replies
    Views

Congrats on the new car! Here's hoping many...

Congrats on the new car! Here's hoping many trouble free miles for you!
  23. Replies
    Views

Got some parts in the post from Thailand last...

Got some parts in the post from Thailand last night. Get parts in the USA is near-impossible because the type of American who gets a motorcycle generally wants an actual motorcycle and not a Super...
  24. Replies
    Views

Yeah, there is no such thing as an "affordable"...

Yeah, there is no such thing as an "affordable" classic car. And things aren't nearly as nearly as nice as you remember them being.

In order to be anywhere near the comfort and reliability of...
  25. I'm just impressed they got the Mirage north of...

I'm just impressed they got the Mirage north of 100mph...
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4