Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I just assume anyone that rides my slow ass...

I just assume anyone that rides my slow ass instead of passing me when they have the chance just wants to hypermile with me and get some drafting in!
  2. I get a lot of questions about my "78HP" license...

I get a lot of questions about my "78HP" license plate -- If that's actually what it makes. It really strikes the conversation about how light the car is, how under stressed the drivetrain is, and...
  3. Replies
    Views

♩ One of these things is not like the other ♫

♩ One of these things is not like the other ♫
  4. Replies
    Views

You know when you're a Mirage owner when a semi...

You know when you're a Mirage owner when a semi is poking along slower than you'd like to go, but you dare not try to pass them because it'll take you 10 miles to do so.
  5. Replies
    Views

I did the measuring and Morimoto's 90mm XB LED...

I did the measuring and Morimoto's 90mm XB LED lights should fit the Mirage like stock -- If anyone's looking for a more premium aftermarket light I'd suggest them. I've used their other lighting...
  6. Well, then don't show up with 20 TSBs :) I...

Well, then don't show up with 20 TSBs :) I mentioned this TSB by it's ID over the phone when I made my appointment for the CVT service and they were fine with it, specially when I explained why I...
  7. Replies
    Views

See attached! The front dam is about 9-10" wide,...

See attached! The front dam is about 9-10" wide, and angled to push the air to the outside of the car. The rear one is like Fummins says, it's about 1.5" square and flat vertically and horizontally...
  8. Replies
    Views

I now have the need to put fender flares and a...

I now have the need to put fender flares and a lift kit on a Mirage so I can fit those tires on one. It'd make quite the funny looking little offroad car.
  9. In theory the lights should turn off once you've...

In theory the lights should turn off once you've replaced the damaged sensor and the ABS controller is getting a solid reading from it -- If the light is still on there should still be a DTC that can...
  10. Arduinos are great for when you need a...

Arduinos are great for when you need a lightweight device that lives on the CANBUS permanently (say, to drive a little 1" OLED display for showing a custom gauge/data). For exploring/debugging...
  11. I thought about that yesterday after I mentioned...

I thought about that yesterday after I mentioned it. When I get home today I'll edit this post with a few pics.

Edit: Forgive the potato quality, this is taken from a while ago and my setup has...
  12. Thread: Admin data help

by phaux
    Replies
    Views

So there's an advanced search feature in the...

So there's an advanced search feature in the garage, I was able to do some rough searches for "manual" and "cvt" (and "auto"), here's what I got:

Auto/CVT

43.5%
  13. Thread: Totaled at 120k

by phaux
    Replies
    Views

Yup. My fender bender involved the same corner,...

Yup. My fender bender involved the same corner, it wound up being almost $2800. Replaced the whole door which took them 2 weeks to just get one, and because of that they blend paint into every...
  14. Replies
    Views

Technically speaking... The hazards/turn signals...

Technically speaking... The hazards/turn signals are still operated by a relay, but it's probably a solid state relay that's driven by ETACS timing the flash, not a thermal cutout.

/pedantic
  15. Replies
    Views

See, this is why you should've bought a CVT,...

See, this is why you should've bought a CVT, Manuals are just adding extra work to your life! J/K
  16. Replies
    Views

I figured there was other basic stuff like making...

I figured there was other basic stuff like making sure your plumbing is good and probably having a controller of sort, but it sounds like really just watching your sensors and not starting with a...
  17. Replies
    Views

What is frostbite? That isn't in a Phoenician's...

What is frostbite? That isn't in a Phoenician's vocabulary :P

I can't say I've been to Vegas in the summer, but it's very hot (110F is normal, 115+ peak) and very dry, breezes are very hot but if...
  18. Got my tracking number this morning, super...

Got my tracking number this morning, super excited :D
  19. Replies
    Views

Nope, the GT has 175/55R15 :) the extra 10mm of...

Nope, the GT has 175/55R15 :) the extra 10mm of tire makes all the difference! j/k

Man, now I wish mine was black, those white wheels really look good. I'm sold on 195/40R17 on 17". I might...
  20. Replies
    Views

FYI, we are all wrong. the 2017 GT wheels are...

FYI, we are all wrong. the 2017 GT wheels are 15x5, +40mm Offset, just went out and looked at mine:
  21. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I suppose that's one benefit of the...

I suppose that's one benefit of the computerized/software based cars of today -- You already paid for the switch, relay and wiring for the wipers, and it's all on the same bus as the speed sensors,...
  22. Replies
    Views

I'm most interested in the EPS controller and/or...

I'm most interested in the EPS controller and/or disabling it entirely. When I get my jack and jackstands back from a friend I'm going to try and adjust the spring that was mentioned in foama's...
  23. Replies
    Views

Same. Though I eventually just bought a cone...

Same. Though I eventually just bought a cone filter and some tubing (and Doax's MAF housing) and built a straight intake (puts the filter in the hole on the passenger side of the radiator). I don't...
  24. Thread: Custom OBD PIDs

by phaux
    Replies
    Views

Sorry Eggman, I never replied to you on this! ...

Sorry Eggman, I never replied to you on this! Those protocols are a different layer of communication. Our Mirages are all CAN for the hardware layer, then the OBD protocol is the software layer on...
  25. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I gave this a try earlier (taking off with the...

I gave this a try earlier (taking off with the brake on still) and my 2017 GT does not do this, so it must be new for 2018 MY? Does your car beep if you pull the brake while moving too? (My mom's...
Page 1 of 2 1 2