Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I worked for Warner Electric for several years in...

I worked for Warner Electric for several years in the 80's. My regional manager, the guy who hired me was from "Bahstin" Mass. "Pahk the cah in the Haavid Yahd" nor'easter kind of a suit. Nice guy,...
  2. Replies
    Views

Mitsu is doing WHAT?!

I really don't like this:

https://archive.is/2024.03.11-175802/https://www.nytimes.com/2024/03/11/technology/carmakers-driver-tracking-insurance.html
  3. Replies
    Views

Had a day trip last Friday after the CVT "fluid...

Had a day trip last Friday after the CVT "fluid change" (dilution more correctly). Lotsa cruising at 70 mph, ups and downs to blend with traffic and towns. All performed as established...
  4. Replies
    Views

CVT oil change drill

Drained 2.3 quarts out, put 2.3 quarts back. Used Castrol J4 works in anything oil/fluid. Pain in the butt! That drain plug was in SO TIGHT had to get the half-inch breaker bar to pop it loose!

I...
  5. Just wait until the head gasket starts leaking...

Just wait until the head gasket starts leaking and the warranty guy does not want to play.....what you say about legroom and all is undoubtedly accurate but I am only 5'7" so I would not know. But I...
  6. Can't wait to read the final on this one! You the...

Can't wait to read the final on this one! You the man, Fumm!
  7. Replies
    Views

24606 This is some of the stuff I fiddle with....

This is some of the stuff I fiddle with. This is a usb cord tester showing a cord that is power AND data capable. The two end LED's would light if power only.

Posting a picture involves...
  8. Replies
    Views

Any locals that specialize in exhaust/muffler...

Any locals that specialize in exhaust/muffler replacement? He may be able to make what you need for less time and money....
    Had a Midas muffler shop in Los Angeles area make two systems for a 1959...
  9. Replies
    Views

My 1959 SAAB GT-750 Rally sedan had a window...

My 1959 SAAB GT-750 Rally sedan had a window shade in front and a pull chain inside to block airflow during cold Swedish winters. Worked well. Forgetting to retract it when jacket temp reached 180°F...
  10. Try these: ...

Try these:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T5ZYF0W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Don't worry about "unavailable". Many others just like them.....
  11. Back in the 60's when I was trying to get an...

Back in the 60's when I was trying to get an education at the Univ. of Kansas, I spent too much time with a sports car club. Road and Track had more than one article on the Fiat 500, "Topolino",...
  12. Replies
    Views

Those numbers from a dyno?

Those numbers from a dyno?
  13. Replies
    Views

This is a voltage plot of the start on a 300 cc...

This is a voltage plot of the start on a 300 cc scooter. The left prple line points to the first compression stroke, minimum volts, max current. Right after that is a successive compression stroke...
  14. Back in the "olden days" of 1950 onward the...

Back in the "olden days" of 1950 onward the engines for the slushy automatics were rated higher horsepower than for manual shift cars. So many schemes in the 50's and 60's for auto transmissions!...
  15. Let your brother fix it....

Let your brother fix it....
  16. Replies
    Views

I used to buy cars without FIRST driving them but...

I used to buy cars without FIRST driving them but no more. Now I drive for at least 30 minutes on several different surfaces, more the better. Not so much because of the manufacturers but the dealers...
  17. Thread: RIP Sway Bar

by CROSSBOLT
    Replies
    Views

The older aircraft with 4130 chrome-moly steel...

The older aircraft with 4130 chrome-moly steel tubing were preserved by pumping linseed oil throughout and draining. Worked good as the frames treated this way lasted decades.
  18. Was happy with the Spark until the head gasket...

Was happy with the Spark until the head gasket started to leak externally. Was unhappy the service department told me it was not leaking. Traded car back to dealer and told him it was the last I...
  19. That's okay, I appreciate that. I have a caliper...

That's okay, I appreciate that. I have a caliper and will measure the tang.
  20. Something like this? ...

Something like this?
  21. This is moving car short distances, shop to barn...

This is moving car short distances, shop to barn to mailbox back to hangar. Not highway or even across Walmart...ESPECIALLY Walmart parking lot!
  22. Replies
    Views

Plastic bag in the works? Junk stuffed in glove...

Plastic bag in the works? Junk stuffed in glove box? How 'bout tissues stuffed in armrests? How 'bout a bunch of those worthless MASKS stuffed in the center armrest?
    I think we have the same...
  23. Replies
    Views

That's it! That is what I saw! It was you,...

That's it! That is what I saw! It was you, mohammad! I apologize for the error!
  24. Replies
    Views

Seat/shoulder belts in our 2021 Mitz are inertia...

Seat/shoulder belts in our 2021 Mitz are inertia reels as they all SHOULD be. Driver hitting steer wheel means there was a whole lotta slack in the belt. Blessed that injuries were minor (unless I...
  25. What's the problem here? Tach needle stuck on...

What's the problem here? Tach needle stuck on 1000 rpm? The only significant noise I hear is when you move around. Should not idle that long. Bad for you. Drive it like you hate it 'til it breaks...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3