Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. If you want a engine additive that helps prolong...

If you want a engine additive that helps prolong engine life, you want to go with a zinc/ZDDP or Ceramic additive. Examples would be BG MOA or Lubro-Moly Ceratec.

I say this as someone with...
  2. As a life long user of Lucas products in my older...

As a life long user of Lucas products in my older vehicles, Id avoid it, Its just a thickener, it has zero special additives in it. If your going to spend money on it just switch to a heavier Weight...
  3. sorry to necro this a bit; but this review is...

sorry to necro this a bit; but this review is actually one of the things that really 'sold' me that I was on the right track when leaning towards this car. Every 'negative' thing he mentioned is...
  4. I think you're right, they give us a large...

I think you're right, they give us a large reserve for a margin of safety. I was returning home from a visit to family & my fuel gage started flashing ~ 100 km from home. It was @ night with gas...
  5. Replies
    Views

This is one of those questions I hate as a tire...

This is one of those questions I hate as a tire "expert" (I don't know if there is such a thing either) ;)

The real answer is whichever one YOU feel the most comfortable with...

The reason the...
  6. Replies
    Views

Most tire experts (if there is such a thing) will...

Most tire experts (if there is such a thing) will say the better tires should be on the rear axle of your vehicle. I can honestly say I do the opposite of that most of the time. I currently have 4...
  7. Replies
    Views

That's interesting. I always assumed better...

That's interesting. I always assumed better tires in front. The argument for rear seems reasonable.

However....

If most of your cars weight is on the front tires then most of your cars...
  8. Replies
    Views

New or the best tires should always go on the...

New or the best tires should always go on the rear of the car. If the front of the car starts to slide, you can counteract because you can steer the front wheels. If the back of the car starts to...
  9. Replies
    Views

I would keep the newer ones up front myself. I'm...

I would keep the newer ones up front myself. I'm no expert but seems to be what people do. I dunno I haven't had my rear spin out as much as need traction up front when the weather gets bad.
  10. That's how I roll! 100% verbal value! Removing...

That's how I roll! 100% verbal value! Removing it is a good suggestion actually.
  11. Replies
    Views

Welcome aboard. Lots of ex-Metro people...

Welcome aboard. Lots of ex-Metro people here..and a few current Metro people. I have owned a few of them, and sold my last after the engine burned yet another exhaust valve 110k miles after I...
  12. Good job. Next time if anything cover the...

Good job.
    Next time if anything cover the positive post. If you touch a wrench into the negative terminal nothings gonna happen… touch the positive post with a wrench while tightening the battery...
  13. This is why I’m here too. ;)

This is why I’m here too. ;)
  14. Yup. Bought it used in 2019 with 36k. Sounded...

Yup. Bought it used in 2019 with 36k.
    Sounded just like yours. Thicker oil doesn't fix piston slap. It'd probably last a while but why not get try to get a free engine. Dodgearies k car karl got...
  15. If you have the es+ (that has bluetooth) I'd...

If you have the es+ (that has bluetooth) I'd highly recommend buying the proper cruise control buttons and attempting to have a competent dealer enable cruise in the etacs module over the rostra...
  16. Looking good. Also looks like you have the...

Looking good. Also looks like you have the original battery. Might want to keep an eye on that.
  17. Replies
    Views

Check to make sure the lower radiator bracket...

Check to make sure the lower radiator bracket hasn't been pushed back. If it has, it's apparently easy to straighten out. But it could be a point for negotiations.
  18. Replies
    Views

Be sure to look underneath the car for any...

Be sure to look underneath the car for any 'follow-through' to that damage on the bumper.
  19. Replies
    Views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-glHAzXi_M
  20. Replies
    Views

I have an idea. What if when you test drive the...

I have an idea. What if when you test drive the CVT, after you finish vomiting, you negotiate a deal for the car. Of course with no intention to buy it, but don't tell the dealer that.

And...
  21. Engine Block Heater Installation (OEM cartridge style 400w)

This is my attempt to condense all of the engine block heater information (including pictures and installation instructions) into a single post. Hopefully having this info in one spot will help...
  22. DIY: Removing the rear seats (turn your Mirage into a mini cargo van)

How to remove the rear seat has been asked and mentinoed a few times on the forum. So, Darin asked me to take some pictures and do a write up of it while I had the test Mirage from...