Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Thanks. I can actually see down when I pop the...

Thanks. I can actually see down when I pop the hood, and it looks like it is a boxed steel part of the unibody, so pretty solid, but again, maybe just made to be strong in the pulling direction.
  2. I'd like to know what the departure of the Honda...

I'd like to know what the departure of the Honda Fit, Toyota Yaris, Nissan Micra, and Ford Fiesta might mean for the Mirage. Will Mitsubishi be able to carve off a bigger slice of the pie, or will...
  3. Replies
    Views

I'll admit I didn't read all 6 pages of this...

I'll admit I didn't read all 6 pages of this post. However, Manitoba had its annual deep freeze last week and I went out a few times. The Mirage has never warmed up particularly fast, and at -35 it...
  4. Replies
    Views

Which also makes sense, as lower viscosity oil...

Which also makes sense, as lower viscosity oil would likely flow around more and cover all the nooks and crannies. Maybe it doesn't matter much?
  5. Replies
    Views

Like this guy:...

Like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqGJgLuPZhM
  6. Replies
    Views

Unusual cross shopping

This fellow compares an older model Space-Star to a different vehicle class entirely. He declares the space star the looser of the match, but I thought it did well, and at an unbeatable price.
  7. Here is an article that agrees with this...

Here is an article that agrees with this prediction: https://www.carspiritpk.com/2019/02/22/next-gen-mitsubishi-mirage-to-debut-by-2019-end/
  8. I also previously used 155/80r13 and they worked...

I also previously used 155/80r13 and they worked fine too.
  9. Replies
    Views

I would buy another

I was on the fence for a long time before buying my Mirage (2014 model purchased new in Feb 2015). I cross-shopped several cars (Honda Fit most seriously, Jeep Wrangler less seriously, Subaru...
  10. Replies
    Views

Cheapest to own

https://www.motor1.com/features/149110/cheapest-cars-to-own/2955482/
  11. Update: I found my second factory key, but the...

Update: I found my second factory key, but the spare key blank I ordered from eBay came after, so I had it cut and tried the re-programming sequence outlined in the owner's manual "except for...
  12. I have a couple more observations: I switched...

I have a couple more observations:

I switched from 155/80r13 studded winter tires to 175/65r14 Nokian Hakkapelita R2 tires this year. I haven't really noticed a big difference in traction, but...
  13. Replies
    Views

Winter tires for sale - Winnipeg

I've upgraded my winter tires, but the old ones still have some life in them. I estimate the tread at about 75% (based on the tread depth coming up past the gold colour on a standard toonie). They...
  14. Replies
    Views

Another dubious title . . .

I don't know why I click on this stuff!

The Mirage made the click-bait list of "10 most horrible engines of all time".
  15. Roof Rack (review/update of Thule 480 Traverse)

I've had the Thule 480 Traverse rack for my Mirage for a couple years now. I just thought I'd use this space to commend the excellent design . . . and now warranty service.

They aren't cheap, but...
  16. Replies
    Views

It was only -24C when I was skiing yesterday, but...

It was only -24C when I was skiing yesterday, but dropped when the sun went down, and I was dressed for it so warm enough - not ideal weather, of course. I've biked in -38 ("feels like" -47 wind...
  17. Replies
    Views

Is the Mirage the best winter car?

Executive summary: No, it isn't, but it is adequate.

Background: Winnipeg, Manitoba - one of the world's coldest cities and snow that lasts all winter. I've driven the Mirage through last winter...
  18. My hope is that it won't of course. I'm...

My hope is that it won't of course. I'm certainly no expert, but the line-x coating sticks to itself very well, and isn't prone to chipping in the same way a more brittle paint is. If, for example,...
  19. I wouldn't be too worried about rust if I lived...

I wouldn't be too worried about rust if I lived in Arizona or the like, but here, they sand and salt the roads all winter, and there is no way I have found to avoid it (even washing the car, I still...
  20. Replies
    Views

Daox - I tried to take pictures, but with the...

Daox - I tried to take pictures, but with the black-on-black and somewhat shiny nature of both the paint and line-x it doesn't really look like much in the photos. Imagine, though, a glossy black...
  21. I understand the need to keep it clean. In our...

I understand the need to keep it clean. In our weather, though, it can be challenging. I have no garage/faucet/drain, so would have to take it to a wand-wash. At -20 or colder, all sorts of things...
  22. I got rust-check done shortly after buying the...

I got rust-check done shortly after buying the Mirage in February. Last week, though, I got a promotional price on Krown and got that too. Both have a warranty as long as you get them applied every...
  23. I didn't really have much to say on this, as I...

I didn't really have much to say on this, as I hadn't experienced much snow. Over the last few days we've had a bit, maybe 8" in total, and some roads haven't been plowed at all, and some places are...
  24. Poll: I think most people don't want for power because...

I think most people don't want for power because it is very rare that most people use all the power a car has. I almost never run my cars at/near red-line, so even if I had a 300hp vehicle, I'd only...
  25. Poll: I went to a presentation by one of the designers...

I went to a presentation by one of the designers of the "Urbee" (http://korecologic.com/). He had this clever info-graphic about a stagecoach powered by 8 horses. That coach worked well, but people...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3