Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Maybe not a Jeep Wrangler with winter tires, but...

Maybe not a Jeep Wrangler with winter tires, but my Mirage with Blizaks climbed a steep, snowy grade better than a Grand Cherokee with all season tires. And it will stop a lot faster in snow too. ...
  2. I like that 'unique handling'. The body roll...

I like that 'unique handling'. The body roll doesn't bother me, but the necessity to be always alert and make frequent corrections to stay centered in the lane at highway speeds isn't appreciated. ...
  3. Replies
    Views

Were it an easy change, I'd prefer mechanical...

Were it an easy change, I'd prefer mechanical dials. I find the automatic system buttons too fiddly to use while driving and I rarely use the automatic mode. At least for me, a two or 3 knob system...
  4. Replies
    Views

Excellent instructions. I did this and I've...

Excellent instructions. I did this and I've always been afraid of touching springs. This was super easy. The reason I did it was because I have an excellent set of 15" Blizzak winter tires that...
  5. Replies
    Views

I tried several different pairs of horns before...

I tried several different pairs of horns before settling on these - PIAA 85112 115db 500HZ + 600HZ Sports Horn

Very nice sound and high quality construction. And they fit. Easy space is tight in...
  6. Replies
    Views

@Fummins, sorry if I offended you. I've gotten...

@Fummins, sorry if I offended you. I've gotten the 'rolling coal' treatment while riding my bike and didn't appreciate it, but that's no reason to condemn all duelly drivers.
  7. Replies
    Views

I'd say something about people driving those...

I'd say something about people driving those 6-wheeled gas (or diesel) hogs get what they deserve for being so short sighted, but > 100 per barrel will not only drive up pump prices, but kill the...
  8. Yeah, I was surprised to see the flathead Ford on...

Yeah, I was surprised to see the flathead Ford on the list. Of all of them, the Olds Diesel is the probably the one that most deserves to be there. I recall early VW diesels having a penchant for...
  9. Couldn't they have come up with a better name? ...

Couldn't they have come up with a better name? Eclipse Cross is terrible.
  10. Replies
    Views

I bought my 2015 ES from Gladstone. Strange...

I bought my 2015 ES from Gladstone. Strange experience. The sales guy was young and inexperienced. I told him no text messages and 90% of the process ended up on text. It took over a week of back...
  11. Replies
    Views

Wow, Boston, I thought you were a die hard Mirage...

Wow, Boston, I thought you were a die hard Mirage fan. The car works for me, but I'm not a big guy and I don't drive a lot. If I had a long commute like you do, I don't think it would be the car...
  12. How quickly people forget that a zero to sixty...

How quickly people forget that a zero to sixty time in the 11 second range used to be considered quick. In slightly over a year of driving mine, I've grown used to all the short comings and have...
  13. Replies
    Views

Reviewers routinely remark on the unpainted...

Reviewers routinely remark on the unpainted engine bay. Lucky for new Mirage owners, the hood doesn't need to be raised frequently.
  14. Replies
    Views

I care. And that is impressive for a 4 cylinder...

I care. And that is impressive for a 4 cylinder car. Is that mileage calculated at fillup, average from the computer or just a computer reading from a given trip. IMO, most accurate is mileage...
  15. Replies
    Views

Agree about the dealership experience. My...

Agree about the dealership experience. My dealership was the worst new car dealership I've ever visited - and I've been in a lot of them. But, at 10.5K for a 2015 ES manual, I'm pretty happy with...
  16. What has your Mirage done for you today? Or we love it despite its shortcomings.

The other day I had to run an errand to a rural garden center and was surprised to see they were hosting an Easter egg hunt. The normally empty parking lot was jammed full and cars / pedestrians...
  17. Sticky: Agree with djkenny. The Mirage requires a few...

Agree with djkenny. The Mirage requires a few compromises and is worth it if priced right. Mine was (10.5 for 2015 ES). At list price or even the current Edmunds 'TMV' price, I'd probably pass. ...
  18. Replies
    Views

Congrats on your new iA, Iwanta. How does the iA...

Congrats on your new iA, Iwanta. How does the iA compare to the Mirage from an acceleration perspective? I find the Mirage does OK with planning, but if caught off guard (in the wrong gear), it can...
  19. Replies
    Views

Hard to believe milage is the same at 65 or 75. ...

Hard to believe milage is the same at 65 or 75. My experience is that it's good, it doesn't take much to bring it down. +2 for great turning radius and good ground clearance. And something she...
  20. You're telling it to someone who owned GM stock...

You're telling it to someone who owned GM stock for many years. It paid a decent dividend, but I sold it long before the most recent troubles.

Your post did spur some research on my part and from...
  21. C&D's remarks about nobody loving a cheap car...

C&D's remarks about nobody loving a cheap car like the Mirage is just silly talk. Mine is just as pampered as any car I've ever owned - which is to say very much so.

And on the subject of silly...
  22. @jellybean - Agee with you that better insulation...

@jellybean - Agee with you that better insulation would be a meaningful improvement. I also agree with the reviewers comments about steering devoid of feeling and body lean. A bit more solidity...
  23. Those Yaris numbers are impressive. And last...

Those Yaris numbers are impressive. And last time I drove one - a 2008, it had waaaay more power than Mirage. Toyota does a good job of keeping their cars light and fuel efficient. As for the Fit,...
  24. Replies
    Views

Yes, fantastic looking photo, and it's not even...

Yes, fantastic looking photo, and it's not even the much improved styling on the 2017.

I had the opportunity to drive mine on snow and ice (lots of ice) this weekend, and with snow tires, it...
  25. Replies
    Views

The car does not have spectacular handling, but...

The car does not have spectacular handling, but it's hardly out of control. A little self centering on the steering would be welcome. But said steering certainly turns the car in an incredibly...
Page 1 of 2 1 2