Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Nissan profits drop to near zero, 12,500 layoffs planned

The past year was pretty bad for most of the car industry, but Mitsubishi's business buddy Nissan is doing especially badly. Operating revenue has fallen 13% in the past year, which leaves it with...
  2. Maybe the Gideons are branching out? I've never...

Maybe the Gideons are branching out? I've never been in a motel room that didn't have one of their bibles, so why not car dealerships? I think I'd rather read a bible than watch whatever daytime crap...
  3. Replies
    Views

I think Chad's link is a custom vinyl job, not a...

I think Chad's link is a custom vinyl job, not a stock package like the Colorline Orange inuvik mentioned. Somebody really loved that car. It's not easy to make black paint look that good.

Are all...
  4. Interesting, my '19 says "good job!" with the...

Interesting, my '19 says "good job!" with the green Eco light, but there's no punishing red light if you hit the gas too hard.

All US cars get a touchscreen radio thanks to the government...
  5. Darn. Part of the reason I bought a 2019 was...

Darn. Part of the reason I bought a 2019 was because I was worried Mitsubishi would turn it into something I didn't want for 2020. Now I see I should have waited a year, because 2020 is a much cooler...
  6. Lucky for me, the higher trim levels don't offer...

Lucky for me, the higher trim levels don't offer anything I'd be willing to pay for. :p

One of my high-school friends had a hand-me-down '89 LTD with blown shocks. Quite the boat, loafing down the...
  7. I've noticed that too on long trips, with several...

I've noticed that too on long trips, with several different cars. I don't think it has much to do with wind resistance ("drafting"), actually. If I get behind a big truck and stay there, even hanging...
  8. My Mexican friend told me the word for "sunroof"...

My Mexican friend told me the word for "sunroof" in Mexico is "quemacocos." Quema = burns, cocos = coconut, slang for "head".
  9. It's wide open above the headliner, except for a...

It's wide open above the headliner, except for a brace running between the B-pillars... which I guess would have been the perfect spot for a sunroof.
  10. January: Six months later... Remind me to...

January:
    Six months later...

Remind me to never, ever move to Wisconsin! :p

I'm looking forward to your results in a year's time! I expect fuel economy will be inconclusive and wear will be...
  11. Replies
    Views

That's an awesome color! I used to dream of...

That's an awesome color! I used to dream of owning a yellow car. I spent months trying to find a yellow Yaris, even though it was a meh pastel shade of yellow. Never found one, and settled for blue....
  12. ^Awesome, great job! Now, about tire...

^Awesome, great job!

Now, about tire pressure... the pressure on the plaque in the car is a recommendation by the car maker (not the tire maker) based on several factors. Fuel economy is only one....
  13. It's amphibious? Sweet! Ken & Barbie are gonna...

It's amphibious? Sweet! Ken & Barbie are gonna have so much fun!

https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-pS9kW3V/0/c623ff99/O/i-pS9kW3V.jpg
  14. Replies
    Views

The delay in throttle-by-wire is deliberate. With...

The delay in throttle-by-wire is deliberate. With a cable throttle, when you lift off the gas to change gears and the throttle plate immediately slams closed, it causes a sudden increase in crankcase...
  15. Replies
    Views

Wow, this project sat for a long time. I finally...

Wow, this project sat for a long time. I finally printed a complete cap last weekend. My first reaction was... no. No, that doesn't look very good.
  16. Replies
    Views

I got pretty excited for a second there. Tiny...

I got pretty excited for a second there. Tiny cars?? Tiny, beautiful cars???

But no, he's talking about tiny... profits? What kind of business strategy is that? That's positively un-American!...
  17. The Most Deadliest Man in the World "I don't...

The Most Deadliest Man in the World
    "I don't always drive cars. But when I do, I prefer Mitsubishi.
    Stay thrifty, my friends!"
  18. Wow, so... I walk around 5 miles a day, in the...

Wow, so...

I walk around 5 miles a day, in the second-deadliest state in the country for pedestrians.

I ride my bike about 6 miles a day. Arizona is also the fourth-deadliest state for...
  19. Replies
    Views

So, you want your Mirage to be louder, not...

So, you want your Mirage to be louder, not quieter? :p I may get new speakers for mine at some point, but I really don't use the radio that much. I don't even try if the windows are open.

I've...
  20. Replies
    Views

I'm pretty pleased with the results. It wasn't...

I'm pretty pleased with the results. It wasn't that expensive, and the weight added is negligible. It's still not a Lexus, but it's much improved. I took it on the highway at 70 mph, and I could...
  21. Replies
    Views

After using up all my Thinsulate, I moved on to...

After using up all my Thinsulate, I moved on to regular "jute". Technically, jute is a plant fiber similar to linen or hemp. What we call "jute" in cars has nothing to do with it. It's a bunch of...
  22. Replies
    Views

At this point, if I were really serious, I would...

At this point, if I were really serious, I would move on to making a mass-loaded vinyl (MLV) barrier, but I went with lighter sound-absorbing insulation instead. Insulation is not a direct substitute...
  23. Replies
    Views

Sound insulation install, with pictures!

I just finished installing vibration damping and sound insulation all over my Mirage. I did it as a fun project, a few hours each weekend morning. It took a month in all. I really took my time.
  24. Nissan has been the top brand in Mexico for a...

Nissan has been the top brand in Mexico for a long time. The third-generation Sentra was built in both the US and Mexico, and sold here from 1991 to 1994. I learned to drive stick on a...
  25. I've been pulled over twice, years apart in...

I've been pulled over twice, years apart in different cars and different states. The first time was in the Atlanta area, coming home late from college. I was terrified (19 years old and never been...
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3