Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. UPDATE: "Historic Fault"

I just re-scanned, and the P0796 "Historic Fault" is no longer there. Also, my MPG seems to have improved. It seemed to have dropped over the last couple of years, however, I thought it maybe was...
  2. With tax, the cvt came to about $670. When I got...

With tax, the cvt came to about $670. When I got it home, I noticed they had pretty significantly dented in the pan with likely a forklift. I used the pan from the old one, but the internal filter...
  3. Finished

Finished up late last night, took it for a drive and....... praise God, it seems to be good! It drove normal and no CEL (except for "historic fault". Not sure if that will eventually go away with...
  4. I figure for the price of the used cvt, I've got...

I figure for the price of the used cvt, I've got 3 tries to get it right! lol
  5. Sorry, my attention was diverted from the car to...

Sorry, my attention was diverted from the car to a significant landscape project over the long weekend. I would have much rather been working on the car, as landscaping is HARD work! God bless all...
  6. Picking up new (used) cvt tomorrow after work....

Picking up new (used) cvt tomorrow after work. Old one is pretty much ready to drop out. Will probably do the swap Friday or Saturday.
  7. My plan is to fix it for the $625 and hopefully...

My plan is to fix it for the $625 and hopefully drive it another 100k miles. I much prefer no car payment! :)
  8. My timing chain comment was kind of a joke.........

My timing chain comment was kind of a joke...... well, kind of. lol

I like your thinking about the engine as well. I just found a same year cvt about 100 miles away from me with 4k miles on it for...
  9. Update:

Good news / bad news......

Good news: If you ever need to replace your accelerator pedal or throttle body, they are simple jobs.

Bad news: Neither of these fixed my issue. I just got it back...
  10. Lol! I'm surprised you didn't say anything about...

Lol! I'm surprised you didn't say anything about the banjo there in the front seat! 🤣
  11. Replies
    Views

Thanks! A lady needed them moved from her...

Thanks! A lady needed them moved from her apartment to her garage, and of course her garage was way on the other side of the complex. I was by myself, and she wasn't physically able to help. My...
  12. My current plan

Thanks to many of the posts, my plan has been to do the things foama listed, I just haven't had the opportunity yet. Hoping I will have some time tonight.

I purchased a used gas pedal for $31.60...
  13. I much prefer your version!!! Could you do the...

I much prefer your version!!! Could you do the entire service manual for me? 🤣
  14. No worries, and thank you! I appreciate...

No worries, and thank you! I appreciate everyone's input!
  15. Thank you! Last thing I did to it was go through...

Thank you! Last thing I did to it was go through that process of unplugging the battery. I did plug an obdII scan tool into it the day before to see if it picked anything up, but it didn't. That's...
  16. No response to gas pedal (Update/solved: used CVT replacement)

Hi all! Sorry this is so long, but I wanted to give as much info as I could. I own a 2015 Mirage ES with 140,000 miles on it. I purchased it new, and probably close to 90% of the miles are easy...