Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Believe it or not, sometimes that sort of thing...

Believe it or not, sometimes that sort of thing can be caused by weak (not bad enough to misfire, just weak) spark plugs. I just rectified the same problem in our driver's ed car. It's not a Mirage,...
  2. Replies
    Views

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5538-...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5538-CVT-Failure-(at-304-000-km-189k-miles-delivery-vehicle)/page4

See post #33 It's a schematic right from mitsubishi. It took our dealer a while to...
  3. Replies
    Views

Your dealer is a retard. There are 2 filters...

Your dealer is a retard.
    There are 2 filters that are serviceable. I don't have the part numbers handy but they're posted around here somewhere.
  4. Replies
    Views

You're in a tough spot. Hopefully the software...

You're in a tough spot. Hopefully the software flash makes a difference.

When a technician reads a complaint on a work order, the first thing they're supposed to do is verify the complaint. If...
  5. Replies
    Views

Try car-part.com and hopefully find one close to...

Try car-part.com and hopefully find one close to you. Most wreckers around here offer installation at a decent price. Or just find an independent shop or transmission place to do the install.
    I...
  6. Replies
    Views

New will cost you something close to $4k. Used......

New will cost you something close to $4k. Used... the supply is greater than the demand, you can probably get one for $2-300.

http://car-part.com
  7. Replies
    Views

If it was my car i would replace both filters....

If it was my car i would replace both filters. Doesn't sound like they were ever changed out. If it doesn't change the way the car drives at least you have peace of mind knowing they are changed.
  8. Replies
    Views

yup. You have to drop the oil pan to get to one,...

yup. You have to drop the oil pan to get to one, it's just a metal screen. The other one is a paper cartridge filter on the lh side of the cvt near the dipstick tube. Remove a 10mm bolt and turn...
  9. Replies
    Views

What one is able to simply drain may vary from...

What one is able to simply drain may vary from it's full capacity. A system flush can go through even more.
  10. Replies
    Views

Get the proper fluid into it. If that doesn't...

Get the proper fluid into it. If that doesn't fix it, don't waste a lot of time hoping it gets better. Get it to the dealer so you can get the issue documented well before your 10/100,000 warranty...
  11. Replies
    Views

I believe the CVT has filters from what i've read...

I believe the CVT has filters from what i've read on this forum. I would have the filters changed when you change out the fluid to OEM fluid.
  12. Replies
    Views

Have you ever changed the spark plugs? Doesn't...

Have you ever changed the spark plugs? Doesn't necessarily sound like a transmission problem. Just engine hesitation.
  13. Replies
    Views

I'm glad to hear you got it figured out! Thanks...

I'm glad to hear you got it figured out! Thanks for reporting back and letting us know what the issue was.
  14. Replies
    Views

I've used both belts they can be tight going on....

I've used both belts they can be tight going on. One trick is put the belt on the harmonic, ac compressor and alternator first. Then slide it over the waterpump(smooth pulley) last. Your car does...
  15. Replies
    Views

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5649-A...

http://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/5649-Aftermarket-serpentine-belt/page3?p=65493#post65493
  16. Replies
    Views

Toyota SERIOUSLY over-engineered the Prius. It's...

Toyota SERIOUSLY over-engineered the Prius. It's their most reliable vehicle.

Taxi fleets would NOT be running as many of them as they do if the numbers (fuel use PLUS repairs/maintenance) didn't...
  17. Replies
    Views

The Yaris really isn't "all that and a bag of...

The Yaris really isn't "all that and a bag of chips". It is relatively expensive for what you get. It doesn't get terribly good mileage. It has an antiquated engine and transmission. And for a...
  18. Replies
    Views

Ironically, the Mirage has outsold the Yaris...

Ironically, the Mirage has outsold the Yaris every year since it was re-introduced to the U.S. in 2014.

The Yaris, however, has a much longer history. Which is why there are so many more parts...
  19. Replies
    Views

Have you had problems with your starter grinding?...

Have you had problems with your starter grinding? That'd be the only problem I'd be worried about in the 14 with a cvt. Otherwise there aren't a ton of mechanical changes all from 14-17. I've got a...
  20. Replies
    Views

FYI, today I sent a message to Monroe, KYB,...

FYI, today I sent a message to Monroe, KYB, Gabriel, Sachs, and OSC to see if they have any plans to make struts/shocks for the Mirage. They have all made suspension parts for other/older...
  21. New-in-the-box parts from the dealership are...

New-in-the-box parts from the dealership are always expensive. I read somewhere that if you were to build the average car just out of new parts from the dealership the price would be five times what...
  22. The entire SRS system is disabled when an error...

The entire SRS system is disabled when an error is found because the last thing you want is an airbag going off in your face due to a janky sensor when you hit a bump on the freeway at 70 mph. ...
  23. The sensor in the passenger seat is one part of a...

The sensor in the passenger seat is one part of a sophisticated airbag system. It's more than a simple binary on/off switch in modern cars. You can search the web for Occupant Classification System...
  24. Speaking of golf carts.... 8271

Speaking of golf carts....
  25. Well...I can't answer that. But I can tell you...

Well...I can't answer that. But I can tell you which one costs less at the parts counter. :D

Page 1 of 2 1 2