Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Bambam - BTW, the intake you have on that car,...

Bambam - BTW, the intake you have on that car, does look badass. My whole "bad cat" is just speculation. I may be out in left-field with that, all by myself.

I had an 83 RX-7 one hundred years...
  2. Replies
    Views

I had a Mirage or two throw that P0172 code and...

I had a Mirage or two throw that P0172 code and found the purge solenoid on the side of the cylinder head stuck open. IIRC another car had the vent hose was disconnected at the rear of the valve...
  3. Replies
    Views

Bambam - this may sound mean, unsensitive or like...

Bambam - this may sound mean, unsensitive or like I'm snipping at you. But I'm not. WHY would you want a little more power? Even with 20 more hp (which is way more than any of us are going to get...
  4. Replies
    Views

It's easy to tell. When you spray through the...

It's easy to tell. When you spray through the injector while cleaning, it atomizes the brake cleaner. If one or all the holes were clogged, you would see it spraying unevenly. Perhaps only a jet of...
  5. Replies
    Views

Yep! Worked every time for me. There is a video...

Yep! Worked every time for me. There is a video somewhere in youtube with a demonstration. It takes a bit of practice and needs to be done outdoors. Once you've got the knack it takes only a few...
  6. Replies
    Views

Good you figured it out! Don't throw the bad...

Good you figured it out!
    Don't throw the bad injectors away. You could try a (cheap!) injector cleaner assy that works with a connected can of brake cleaner. Likely the injectors are only partly...
  7. Replies
    Views

This was pretty hard to follow. In your first...

This was pretty hard to follow. In your first post you stated you replaced the injectors I thought. Glad you're figuring it out!
  8. Replies
    Views

Did you happen to check anything of the wiring...

Did you happen to check anything of the wiring that I suggested a while ago. Your service manual probably doesn’t show that.
  9. Replies
    Views

I checked on my own car and it definitely looks...

I checked on my own car and it definitely looks like both MAF and MAP sensors were made by Bosch. Therefore they must both be available for decades to come!
    The MAF sensor pictured in the white box...
  10. Replies
    Views

I've only had to replace one map sensor over the...

I've only had to replace one map sensor over the years. I have seen broken wires throw maf codes too.

What I would do if I were you follow the wires from the maf connector into the main harness...
  11. Did you ever switch the belt ??? I just order one

Did you ever switch the belt ??? I just order one
  12. Slow, but continued progress. Both turbos are...

Slow, but continued progress. Both turbos are being machined down and then welded up to be smaller externally. I was supposed to be installing the entire kit this exact week, but I'll take any...
  13. Replies
    Views

I did a test fit only. I have to lengthen the...

I did a test fit only. I have to lengthen the bracket on the motor side and need a space to align the belt on the bottom bolt. Still working on my system too, should have the final pieces to finish...
  14. Uh ohhhhh. Bambam, keep inspecting your coolant....

Uh ohhhhh. Bambam, keep inspecting your coolant. When coolant looks like mud water or a chocolate milk kind of look to it, it usually means a blown head gasket. But like I said, keep watching it. ...
  15. Yeah...what he asked. If you don't have any...

Yeah...what he asked.

If you don't have any way to monitor the real coolant temperature (like a Scangauge), the green coolant light (that comes on when the engine is cold and goes off at 137...
  16. Was there a reason you replaced the water pump,...

Was there a reason you replaced the water pump, thermostat and temp sensor? Those aren't parts that normally need to be replaced in these cars, at least not in these parts. Were they replaced with...
  17. Replies
    Views

Here is the link to the 2014-2015 Mirage Service...

Here is the link to the 2014-2015 Mirage Service Manual: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmM-AiVvMaF5whozf0y9j6BpQIiK?e=a98xP3
  18. What's the problem here? Tach needle stuck on...

What's the problem here? Tach needle stuck on 1000 rpm? The only significant noise I hear is when you move around. Should not idle that long. Bad for you. Drive it like you hate it 'til it breaks...
  19. Replies
    Views

20. Red lighting preserves night vision. Other colors...

Red lighting preserves night vision. Other colors can wreck it, and it can take 15 minutes before our eyes readjust. Ask any sailor who has spent time at sea on a surface vessel.