Search:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I did that once with my 2003 Matrix. I figured...

I did that once with my 2003 Matrix. I figured by cleaning it out here and there with a vacuum and blasting it with compressed air it would be fine. Well, as it turns out it was not. I did an oil...
  2. Replies
    Views

Ecogard XA10388 (https://amzn.to/2yr5EDt). Seemed...

Ecogard XA10388. Seemed comparable quality to OEM at half the price. $11.36 prime ��
  3. Take out the air filter and spray a little carb...

Take out the air filter and spray a little carb cleaner (or drip some gasoline) in there. If you can get the alternator to spin long enough to get spark, it should fire right up.

Of course,...
  4. Awesome! Maybe they were sold out for a minute....

Awesome! Maybe they were sold out for a minute. They have been in a few months and they are still working great. I can see so much better at night with these. The white light is a big help for older...
  5. Just checked the given link .. it's working. ...

Just checked the given link .. it's working.

https://amzn.to/2PFuSYt

6. 12775

7. Let's keep the discussion polite and...

Let's keep the discussion polite and professional. Don't make me pull this car over!
  8. 1) You are correct, it is a disabling mod. 2) I...

1) You are correct, it is a disabling mod.
    2) I am not throwing in an extra battery. The deep cycle has replaced my starting battery.
    3) This mod is extremely easy to undo as Eggman has already...
  9. I have these for the headlights ...

I have these for the headlights

https://amzn.to/2Dk8VIM

I have these for the fog lights

https://amzn.to/2qrQV6F

I love them. They are so much nicer at night and they are not blinding to...
  10. Reviving an old thread. So what is the consensus...

Reviving an old thread. So what is the consensus of LED bulbs? Are people using them and if so how has the reliability and durability been? What brand did you use and how much?
  11. I know you won't be driving while connected to AC...

I know you won't be driving while connected to AC power, but we don't want you to burn your house down, either. What kind of wire are you using to connect that AC? Looks awfully light gauge, and thin...
  12. Those look like they would work! Nice find Mitz.

Those look like they would work! Nice find Mitz.
  13. Daox may I suggest that you take look at these ...

Daox may I suggest that you take look at these

LM2596HVS DC-DC Buck Converter Module

Input voltage : DC 4.5 - 60V
    Output Voltage : DC 3- 40V
    Output Current : 3A(MAX)
    Conversion...
  14. The best long term solution would be to specify a...

The best long term solution would be to specify a higher-rated DC convertor.

But, since you have another one, a simple series resistor could be used to drop the input voltage to an acceptable...
  15. Disaster struck last night. My dc-dc converter...

Disaster struck last night. My dc-dc converter got toasted I am pretty sure. The input voltage range for it is only 10.8-13.2V. Well, I think my switch (which actuates with almost no physical...
  16. A bit late for this thought, but you could have...

A bit late for this thought, but you could have accomplished the same charging with much less weight added to the car (and a simpler installation) by just running a pair of heavy gauge wires from the...
  17. Okay. Time to finish up phase one of this...

Okay. Time to finish up phase one of this project. Now that the alternator disable circuit is in and working like it should, I need a way to recharge the battery. This means a 110V charger that I...
  18. Yep, thats the idea.

Yep, thats the idea.
  19. You could mount a small fan turbine in the lower...

You could mount a small fan turbine in the lower grill to generate electricity as you drive. Even it only generated 140 watts that would be 10 amps of power @ 14 volts.
  20. You should mount a wind turbine on the roof to...

You should mount a wind turbine on the roof to generate power while you drive!

:)

And solar panels for when you're not moving.
  21. Lets tidy things up and finish up phase one of...

Lets tidy things up and finish up phase one of this project.

First off, a little 3d printed goodie to make this mod nice and easy to undo. I printed a low profile fuse body, and made my own...
  22. Alright, I actually ordered the dc-dc converters...

Alright, I actually ordered the dc-dc converters a few days ago, and they arrived on Friday. So, over the long weekend, I had a chance to build the circuit and test it out. Here is the first bits...
  23. I don't see why V3 wouldn't work. And it has the...

I don't see why V3 wouldn't work. And it has the benefit of fooling the system into thinking that everything is working normally. An excellent cheat!
  24. While annoying for what you're trying to do, it's...

While annoying for what you're trying to do, it's actually brilliant! You lose the sense wire, instead of defaulting to "all of it", or "none of it", it gives you a safe and adequate (but, not...
  25. I'm going to bet that the fact that the...

I'm going to bet that the fact that the alternator comes on with that input open is by design. It's a fail-safe. If you lose that connection, you'd WANT the alternator to default to charging to keep...
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4