Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. FYI, this is the fourth CVT failure reported here...

FYI, this is the fourth CVT failure reported here that I know of.

I tagged the others:

cvt failures
  2. Poll: Sorry to hear about your experience with that...

Sorry to hear about your experience with that service department. Any automotive service department that has to sub-contract out alignment service is sub-par.
  3. Poll: I agree that you got some questionable service,...

I agree that you got some questionable service, but look on the bright side...you are still well ahead of the game. That service department could have thrown you under the bus for the non-stock...
  4. Poll: Can't hurt to print out the quote from post #1. ...

Can't hurt to print out the quote from post #1. The PR manager speaks for the company.
  5. Doh about the tire replacement, but the...

Doh about the tire replacement, but the replacements do look very nice.
  6. Poll: HydroJim is right - your rear alignment is off,...

HydroJim is right - your rear alignment is off, and probably explains your tire wear.

Documents from my dealer put the Mirage rear toe alignment range from -0°02' to +0°17'. The service manual...
  7. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Just passed 60,000 miles, and it is time to do...

Just passed 60,000 miles, and it is time to do the front brake pads again. I mic'd the rotors, and they are still well within specs. So I will be reusing them. Wear limit is 15.4mm, mine are...
  8. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I paid A$10,850 for a brand new Mirage at the end...

I paid A$10,850 for a brand new Mirage at the end of December 2015. That's US$8153 at the current exchange rate. It was a May 2014 build, which is why I guess they wanted to get it off their books.
  9. Replies
    Views

The Yaris spring may be shorter, but it's stiffer...

The Yaris spring may be shorter, but it's stiffer than the longer softer Mirage spring. Let's say the Yaris spring is 11" before installation, but settles to 9.5" after the weight of the car is on...
  10. Replies
    Views

Guys, they fit perfectly and preserve stock...

Guys, they fit perfectly and preserve stock height. They ride way better than the originals even with a 300lb friend in the back. I kept the stock shocks for now but if you wanted it stiffer, Yaris...
  11. Thread: 15x7.5 Wheels

by Top_Fuel
    Replies
    Views

I have 15x6.5" wheels with 185-55-15 tires. The...

I have 15x6.5" wheels with 185-55-15 tires. The wheels have a 40mm offset. Here's how I would describe their fit on the rear...

I have roughly .75 inches between the inside sidewall of the tire...
  12. Replies
    Views

After asking everyone on here and a few shops,...

After asking everyone on here and a few shops, the widest I dared to go was 185/55 on 15x.6.5" wheels. No rubbing ;)

I may try 195/45 next just because S drive tires are cheap in that size and...
  13. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local...

I found a set of used springs for 45$ at my local pick and pull. They are the rear coils from a 1998 VW new Beetle 2.0 liter. They are identical in length to the factory rear coils in our mirages,...