Search:

Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. These were sold with the car, if anyone was...

These were sold with the car, if anyone was wondering.
  2. Replies
    Views

And the deal is done! ...

And the deal is done!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__-57Zy3Gx0
  3. Yes, you would need to realign. I do DIY...

Yes, you would need to realign. I do DIY alignments, so I never worry about that too much. On the Mirage, the only adjustments are camber and toe. Pretty easy as long as you've got a fairly level...
  4. Replies
    Views

Okay, got the car all cleaned up. Opted to do a...

Okay, got the car all cleaned up. Opted to do a video walk-around rather than photos, I just think it's more detailed. (and easy to do) There are lots of deets in the video descriptions if you watch...
  5. Replies
    Views

Sorry for the delay, I keep forgetting to check...

Sorry for the delay, I keep forgetting to check this forum.

I'll try to give the car a wash and get some photos this weekend.
  6. Replies
    Views

2015 Mirage - MT - 50k miles

5/24/2023: SOLD!

I need to sell my Mirage. Too lazy to clean it up and sell locally, figured I'd give you guys a shot at it first before I bother with it. (and I'll tell you things that I probably...
  7. Replies
    Views

Yeah, not as good as some of the deals I've...

Yeah, not as good as some of the deals I've hooked him up with in the past. But, good enough considering that it has a coilover kit and nice wheels on it.
  8. Replies
    Views

Loren is back... for a moment

Hey, y'all!

Looks like I've not posted here since March 2021. No, it's not you, it's me!

When COVID hit, my autocross club (the one that I actually operated) canceled all of our events. After a...
  9. Replies
    Views

Your Dad knew. You didn't need to say the words....

Your Dad knew. You didn't need to say the words. Don't feel bad about that. You were there when he needed you to be, and that's what counts.

COVID sucks. Cancer sucks.
  10. Replies
    Views

I don't know what the landscape of the head looks...

I don't know what the landscape of the head looks like, but you could reduce compression a little bit by shaving some material INSIDE the combustion chambers.

I agree, the rods are probably fairly...
  11. Replies
    Views

If I had to guess, I'd say you're one of maybe 2...

If I had to guess, I'd say you're one of maybe 2 or 3 in the US doing it. A handful more in various parts of Asia. And they all tend to be either tight-lipped, not fluent in English, or just not...
  12. Replies
    Views

It's almost always empty! Could have some foam in...

It's almost always empty! Could have some foam in it or something like that. Maybe some strange internal tubing.

I'm a night owl. Welcome to the forum!

The way Helmholtz resonators work is a...
  13. Replies
    Views

Helmholtz resonator. It helps reduce intake...

Helmholtz resonator.

It helps reduce intake noise (resonance), and by doing so, it also improve airflow at or near its resonant frequency and harmonics of it. So, it might be tuned to the...
  14. Replies
    Views

^^^ "Rare". Heh.

^^^ "Rare".

Heh.
  15. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

I don't know Metros in particular, but I know...

I don't know Metros in particular, but I know Miatas. One or two people have documented the process of retrofitting ABS to a Miata that didn't have it. It's more involved than you think. You'd...
  16. If the rotor is so rusty that it needs to be...

If the rotor is so rusty that it needs to be replaced, then replace the rotor. Leave the pads alone.

I'd imagine that if you just drove the car, the rust would get knocked off and be fine.
  17. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

We're off topic here, but I guess that's the norm...

We're off topic here, but I guess that's the norm for this forum. :)

You teach in a very different environment from me. We don't have winter weather to worry about here, just rain sometimes. So,...
  18. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

Oh, trust me, I spend WAY more time on driving...

Oh, trust me, I spend WAY more time on driving lessons talking about that. If you're driving properly, proper space ahead of you, good awareness of what's around you and further ahead, you should...
  19. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

Oh, for sure. That's why I started with a...

Oh, for sure. That's why I started with a question, and tried to present information in a non-accusatory manner. What I'm saying may or may not have helped. But, "the more you know".

Flip side:...
  20. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

Don't take this the wrong way, but you didn't...

Don't take this the wrong way, but you didn't brake hard enough. When you get back behind the wheel, you should go out and practice making quick stops. Normal ones. And then full-on ABS stops.
  21. You tend to ask questions like this often. "Why...

You tend to ask questions like this often. "Why modify your suspension?" "Why go racing?"

Some people get it. Some people don't get it. If you have to ask... you don't get it. And you likely never...
  22. Thread: Mirageo...Lives!

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

Yeah, the car can either be fixed or replaced....

Yeah, the car can either be fixed or replaced. You walked away without a scratch. Sounds like the deer might have gotten by without too much injury, too! Not much point in getting too bent about it....
  23. Replies
    Views

12k kms... 8k of it riding against curbs. ...

12k kms... 8k of it riding against curbs.

"Maybe if we photograph it against snow, nobody will notice that the front bumper paint doesn't match the rest of the car?"
  24. Not a bad idea to go drive a newer lower mileage...

Not a bad idea to go drive a newer lower mileage one on a car lot somewhere just to give yourself a data point for what a good Mirage "should" feel like. Then if you're looking at something with a...
  25. All cars are inherently unsafe. If people would...

All cars are inherently unsafe. If people would drive as if they knew that... we'd all be inherently safer.
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 4