Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Put the two mount bolts back and hit the side of...

Put the two mount bolts back and hit the side of the spindle at the ball joint. Or use a pickle fork since I assume you don’t care about wrecking the ball joint boot.
    Skip to the 1:30 mark
  2. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Oil change might be messy, or not, but the...

Oil change might be messy, or not, but the feeling that YOU did it cannot be beat! Congrats!
  3. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Congrats! That puts you ahead of most car owners...

Congrats! That puts you ahead of most car owners on being able to take care of your investment!

Learning how to change oil is exactly what got me into wrenching too. The "huh, that wasn't so...
  4. I have a Fumoto Valve on my OS, love it.

I have a Fumoto Valve on my OS, love it.
  5. I like it. Let's face it the mirage is a boring...

I like it. Let's face it the mirage is a boring car. I like that Mitsubishi got silly with it.
  6. Replies
    Views

There have been multiple products like this...

There have been multiple products like this discussed in the past. I don't know if they do anything, but you can check out these threads for more info...
  7. I'd like to see one of these things in the field....

I'd like to see one of these things in the field. I'm especially interested in the wheel well additions. If they are external to the body, (are they?) they could be 3d printed and eliminate so much...
  8. The BE styling looks ridiculous to me, as if a...

The BE styling looks ridiculous to me, as if a manga-loving juvenile delinquent dreamed it up.
  9. That's good to hear! I wouldn't be too concerned...

That's good to hear!
    I wouldn't be too concerned about missing fuses. It's probably not used anyways. There is no electric oil pump on our cars.

I assume a cvt oil pump is only gonna be in cars...
  10. Yeah I see it happen often enough. Usually...

Yeah I see it happen often enough. Usually happens after it's been started and not ran for very long then shut off. The colder it is, the more likely it can happen. You don't have to touch the...
  11. Maybe it was a relay? My memory is horrible, part...

Maybe it was a relay? My memory is horrible, part of the reason I started making videos is because memory is only gonna get worse from here!

https://youtu.be/rbqhUBUG5pI

Edit: ok it was a fuse....
  12. The engine light always turns on when the key is...

The engine light always turns on when the key is turned to run and engine is off, along with a bunch of other lights. That's how they work.
    So...Does the engine actually crank over? As in, when you...
  13. At this point, AFAIK all the aftermarket bars...

At this point, AFAIK all the aftermarket bars have failed anywhere from 25,000 miles on up. Since my primary background was in engineering I'm going to take a stab at developing a bar which hopefully...
  14. It's the damn wheels and the suspension. I hate...

It's the damn wheels and the suspension. I hate looking at those Malnourished baby tires and if I have an adult in the car I'm bottoming out on all bumps. Plus I need to get a stabilizer bar in the...
  15. Replies
    Views

MRDA - It's a small world...

Guys (and gals?),

I just right now discovered an interesting fact. When I left Toyota to go to the dark side of the force (Hyundai-Kia), the very first building I worked for Hyundai-Kia (before...
  16. I can't complain, I knew what I was getting into...

I can't complain, I knew what I was getting into when I bought one. I guess I don't love the fact that these things are tailgater magnets. Some of that is just perception though.
  17. Replies
    Views

got my oil pan heaters

My $22/pair oil pan stick on heaters arrived. They seem decent enough quality. About a 6' cord. They are supposed to be thermostatically controlled to 194F within a minute of power being applied....
  18. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Replaced my water pump at 211k miles. A month or...

Replaced my water pump at 211k miles. A month or so ago I parked my Mirage in my garage for a few days. When I took it out of the garage again I noticed a small puddle of blue coolant near the belt...
  19. Replies
    Views

These plugs have a little "pill" of precious...

These plugs have a little "pill" of precious metal (iridium, ruthenium...) on the tip of center electrode. It looks a bit like a short needle. The precious metal reaches only about half way down that...
  20. Replies
    Views

I'm a little late here but here is a thread about...

I'm a little late here but here is a thread about replacing the oil pan. https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/7865-Oil-pan-rusted-through!!!! Because redundancy.
  21. Replies
    Views

I have opened lots of oil pans on all sorts of...

I have opened lots of oil pans on all sorts of cars. They practically always were sealed (stuck on) with normal high-temperature silicone. They can be a PITA to get off, but I have never bent an oil...
  22. Replies
    Views

If I remember right these oil pans don’t have a...

If I remember right these oil pans don’t have a gasket. They’re stuck in place by the sealant. Need to use a putty knife or scraper to break the seal.
  23. https://www.google.com/search?q=texas%20learn%20to...

https://www.google.com/search?q=texas%20learn%20to%20drive%20a%20manual&rlz=1C1GIWA_enCA685CA685&oq=texas+learn+to+drive+a+manual&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l2j33i22i29i30l5.7048j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=U...
  24. You very likely won't harm the transmission. The...

You very likely won't harm the transmission. The clutch will bear the brunt of it. And I doubt you'd blow a clutch. Just depends on how much pressure you put on yourself to learn it in a day. I...
  25. Watch some YouTube clips on driving a manual &...

Watch some YouTube clips on driving a manual & decide if it's something you want to do. I started letting out a clutch in 3rd grade with a Farmall H. Driving vehicles just came natural after that,...
Page 1 of 2 1 2