Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

She made it to work again today. Running great. ...

She made it to work again today. Running great.
    Before and after pics below. In the after (top) pic the light is focused on where the break was. It was the first zip tie on the harness on the...
  2. Replies
    Views

3. Replies
    Views

You nailed it! Cut the first factory wire tie on...

You nailed it!
    Cut the first factory wire tie on the passenger side of the motor harness, it didn’t look good...

Opened it up and one wire going to the alternator was broken and a few others were...
  4. Stripped and inspected the wiring (didn't find...

Stripped and inspected the wiring (didn't find any problems). Cleaned up a crusty ground on the left side of the head (just in case). Swapped in the new sensor. Fired up and running fine. No longer...
  5. Replies
    Views

here’s the culprit. I’m near Pittsburgh, how...

here’s the culprit. I’m near Pittsburgh, how aren’t you Ohio guys dealing with the same rust I am? I bought this thing new. It’s never been flooded with salt water even though it looks like it....
  6. Replies
    Views

You guys are awesome! Thank you all. Order...

You guys are awesome! Thank you all.

Order placed. $74.93 shipped. We'll find out sometime between Sept 15th-17th if its the right one.
  7. Replies
    Views

I got to about 125K before the AC failed. 100K I...

I got to about 125K before the AC failed. 100K I replaced the alternator. About 130K i replaced the (severely abused) manual trans.

BTW 2018 AC compressor is the same as stated above by Top Fuel.
  8. Replies
    Views

Windage trays are to prevent oil from splashing...

Windage trays are to prevent oil from splashing onto the crank and creating parasitic drag. I think its another example of Mitsu spending money where it counts. These things were designed to be...
  9. Replies
    Views

yes, it was right at the end of the starter. i...

yes, it was right at the end of the starter. i scraped the scabs off and the metal was paper thin with one hole showing on the inside. a few more holes broke through when i used the wire wheel to...
  10. Replies
    Views

Oil pan rusted through!!!!

Found a big puddle of oil in the driveway....not good (I thought). Turns out this leak was best case scenario. The oil pan rusted through and was leaking pretty heavily. This may sound like a huge...
  11. Replies
    Views

Worn shift Knob?...Mitsu planned for that

At around 120k miles my leather ES shift knob started separating at the seam...but its OK, Mitsubishi planned for it. A little acetone to remove the adhesive and i now have a Mint condition DE shift...
  12. Replies
    Views

Absolutely correct. Rear main seal was fine (i...

Absolutely correct. Rear main seal was fine (i changed it anyway). All of the oil dripping out of my bell housing was transmission oil.

Removed and installed the new rear main seal then put...
  13. Replies
    Views

Once or twice a week it would make a loud chatter...

Once or twice a week it would make a loud chatter when accelerating from a stop. If i slipped the clutch when pulling out from a stop it wouldn't do it at all. Otherwise it ran fine. That's why i had...
  14. Replies
    Views

Nope. Wasn't the pilot bearing. The bearing...

Nope. Wasn't the pilot bearing. The bearing inside the trans that supports the end of the input shaft just inside the case from the release bearing.

Also important to note. This was my fault....
  15. Replies
    Views

Well...suffice to say last night didn't go quite...

Well...suffice to say last night didn't go quite as planned.

Found a used trans with 21k miles for $250 at the same place that i got the flywheel. Going to pick it up on my...
  16. Replies
    Views

Yes it was in fact a 15mm. I checked last night. ...

Yes it was in fact a 15mm. I checked last night.
    I didn't have to remove the intake. I was able to get a 12mm gear wrench on it after i removed the throttle body.
    the only unusual tool i needed...
  17. Replies
    Views

All really good tips. Thank you. I would have...

All really good tips. Thank you. I would have wasted lots of time looking for some sort of retainer on the shift linkage.

Didn't get as far as i wanted to last night.
    disconnect battery-10mm...
  18. Replies
    Views

Not even. I didn't measure it but my hand is 9"...

Not even. I didn't measure it but my hand is 9" from pinky to thumb I'm guessing the disc is about 7'' LOL. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I literally laughed out loud when i opened...
  19. Replies
    Views

Never got a chance to post this pic when it...

Never got a chance to post this pic when it happened, but this is how i celebrated rolling over 100k.
    What really amazes me about this car is that with consistent driving in the upper rpm...
  20. Replies
    Views

I was really surprised how small the friction...

I was really surprised how small the friction disc is. 15464

And yes, I'm very happy to have gotten to 120K with how I drive.

this is what i dug out of my bell housing15465

I went out on my...
  21. Replies
    Views

Good call. I just found a good used one with 10k...

Good call. I just found a good used one with 10k miles on it for $25. Its gotta be better than mine.
    BTW mine is severely abused. I bought it new and i drive it HARD. Daily commute is 110 miles and...
  22. Replies
    Views

Big teardown tonight. clutch /rear main seal

2014 manual. 128K miles. clutch had been chattering for about 10k. At first it was just 1st gear and i thought it was a trans problem but now it does it in 1st through 3rd. loud chattering only under...
  23. Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure...

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure exactly how the CVTs are cooled, but what AM SURE of is that if you attempt to fill the radiator without blocking the CVT lines, all of your coolant will...
  24. At least you caught the leak in time. These...

At least you caught the leak in time. These radiators are so small, there's not a lot of room for error if the coolant level gets too low.[/QUOTE]

Especially if you have a CVT...read on to find...
  25. 2014 mirage radiator leaking, don't get screwed!!

Purchased the car new, 1.2 with manual trans. currently 65,000 miles. Radiator began leaking around the bottom tank. No damage, just corroded and leaking. Took it to the dealer to have the recalls...