Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

@donkeypal Careful with Amazon if you get the air...

@donkeypal Careful with Amazon if you get the air lift kit. they sent me the wrong one and I didn't notice that the part number was 2 digits off until I tried to install them and they were too big. ...
  2. Replies
    Views

My car has lived on Mobil 1 0w-20 ever since it's...

My car has lived on Mobil 1 0w-20 ever since it's third oil change (first two were gratis from dealership). No problems to report at 117k. I did a 7,500 mile OCI...right on the dot, every time. I...
  3. I had installed the deflectors on my Dodge...

I had installed the deflectors on my Dodge Raider, Saturn SL2, and my Ford Explorer. I noticed a significant reduction in wind noise with the window open about an inch while driving. On rainy days...
  4. Replies
    Views

I've actually been in contact with NGK. They...

I've actually been in contact with NGK. They contacted me a few weeks ago to ask if I would like a set of Ruthenium HX plugs for testing. I told them that I'd love a set to try out in the Mirage. ...
  5. It would be fun to start up a youtube channel...

It would be fun to start up a youtube channel that reviews car critics. Seriously, it would be a hoot! What are the necessary credentials to be a car critics?

Owner reviews - focus on...
  6. Having never driven a 2014-15 Mirage, I can't...

Having never driven a 2014-15 Mirage, I can't compare them to the 2017+ models. My closest past experience to a Mirage would have been my 1990 Ford Festiva L that I drove for 14 years. When the...
  7. Nothing about the Mirage is 'quiet', but they...

Nothing about the Mirage is 'quiet', but they keep the rain out fine. Since I live in the soggy Pacific Northwest where it rains 2/3 of the year, I put VentShades on nearly every car I get. As far...
  8. The factory ones are very nice, and are the ones...

The factory ones are very nice, and are the ones I went with. Installation is a little different than the other brands since the factory wind deflectors have supports that clip on the inside and go...
  9. Yep. Some steering shafts used rag joints...

Yep. Some steering shafts used rag joints.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=14365&d=1554926290

emphasis added.

I can buy a replacement steering shaft for my Jeep CJ...
  10. I heard this from an old school family member at...

I heard this from an old school family member at Christmas a few years ago, and I guess if it is the tire that gets the most beating, it is sort of the one where things will go on first. Ways of...
  11. The differential is a torque dividing unit. Both...

The differential is a torque dividing unit. Both wheels get the same amount of torque. the wheel with the least amount of traction will spin. It's physics, & now that the differential has been...
  12. These tires are an awesome find and a great...

These tires are an awesome find and a great price, too! 4 Nokian Hakkapeliitta 7 (Non-Studded) 155/70R14 77T BSW Tires for $175.48 plus free shipping. They are 22.5" OTD tires. Factory tires...
  13. I want to get these for winter on the steelies:...

I want to get these for winter on the steelies: https://www.tires-easy.com/155-70-14/nokian-tires/hakkapeliitta-7-non-studded/tirecode/T428454
  14. Replies
    Views

Mobil 1s are good filters. They are one of the...

Mobil 1s are good filters. They are one of the very few that will publish their performance specifications.
  15. As others have stated earlier in this thread, the...

As others have stated earlier in this thread, the valves on the 3A92 require no routine maintenance. They are the solid-lifter type, but there are no provisions for adjustment other than pulling the...
  16. I could be mistaken but I don't know of anyone...

I could be mistaken but I don't know of anyone here on the forum that has had to adjust their valves ever. I'm sure we'll find out if anyone has.
  17. Replies
    Views

When I ordered filters from RockAuto.com, I went...

When I ordered filters from RockAuto.com, I went with the Wix engine air filter (presently $13.90) & the Premium Guard cabin air fliter (presently $5.33). I ordered the same two brands of filters...
  18. Check the Rock Auto site for your common parts in...

Check the Rock Auto site for your common parts in the future. The WP10125 is listed starting @ $3.74 CDN + shipping. Get a couple wiper blades, oil filter etc to combine the shipping& you will still...
  19. Replies
    Views

My Micra is 15%! optimistic. It sucks. 45mpg...

My Micra is 15%! optimistic. It sucks.

45mpg is actually 38. Normally it says 6.2l and I get 7.3. Haha.

Mirage is much closer. 4.4 is normally 4.5 or 4.6.
  20. Any way to improve the spray pattern? IMO -...

Any way to improve the spray pattern?

IMO - just replace the stock nozzle w/ fan-type. I did it last year.
    Hypersonic Universal Car Windshield Washer Sprayer
    Car Auto Vehicle Windshield...
  21. Poll: Hello DonkeyPal and welcome to the forum. ...

Hello DonkeyPal and welcome to the forum. Congratulations on your Mirage purchase. :)
  22. it was there, I swear!

This morning I spotted a 2014 Kermit green base Mirage with a rooftop ski box at the end of the block!

Rare sighting in my little city (closest Mitsu dealer 100 km away).

I went back to grab...
  23. Replies
    Views

Looks like that hose would get in the way of...

Looks like that hose would get in the way of installation/removal. Have you noticed any problems or even any rubbing marks on the filter?

Don't think of it as chatter - it's applause.
  24. Maybe someday i will be able to park a Mirage in...

Maybe someday i will be able to park a Mirage in my garage:cool: