Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

This frequent cycling of the compressor is...

This frequent cycling of the compressor is normal. My 2019 ES does the same thing, especially if I have the AC dial set on the coldest position and the fan on high. It does take a while for the...
  2. Replies
    Views

LF - Just to keep everything apples-to-apples,...

LF - Just to keep everything apples-to-apples, maybe we do this cycle check with settings on something specific. I'm thinking Max fan, Recirc. Is that the settings you were on when you did the...
  3. The only dealer I have EVER heard of having a...

The only dealer I have EVER heard of having a problem with anything remotely similar to this was a Nissan and a Mazda dealership back home voiding the warranties on vehicles who had their oil changes...
  4. That may actually be true in Canada, but it isn't...

That may actually be true in Canada, but it isn't in the US because of the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act of 1975. This law codified and standardized rules and responsibilities pertaining to warranties...
  5. Do them yourself, log mileage on your receipts....

Do them yourself, log mileage on your receipts. Literally never been a problem for anybody in North America.
  6. I received my Kat's engine block heater an hour...

I received my Kat's engine block heater an hour ago. The Kat's directions don't say anything about applying silicone grease before installing. It suggests cleaning out the hole with compressed...
  7. Today's discussion & recent cold weather inspired...

Today's discussion & recent cold weather inspired to order a block heater, too. I found some differences in prices while shopping from my recliner.

Kat's 11812 engine block heaters -
  8. Since the Mirage is fuel injected and computer...

Since the Mirage is fuel injected and computer controlled you should not have to touch the throttle at any point to start the vehicle. As long as the battery is strong enough to crank it over then...
  9. I suck at explaining, I'm sure many others could...

I suck at explaining, I'm sure many others could explain it better. But... It's basically pouring too much fuel into the engine(usually while starting it), enough to soak the spark plugs so that they...
  10. I started mine ( an '18 GT ) @ 05:00 this AM. It...

I started mine ( an '18 GT ) @ 05:00 this AM. It was -32C on the gauge in the dash. I do have a block heater & also a Battery warming blanket ( 50 watts ) & it started like normal. I still have the...
  11. A lot of cars run on 5W-20 & 5W-30 oil year...

A lot of cars run on 5W-20 & 5W-30 oil year round, & they have been doing it for decades. I wouldn't overly fret about it. Saving the 5W-20 oil (good deal) for the summer months & sticking with...
  12. When it gets that cold, it can be a combination...

When it gets that cold, it can be a combination of a number of things. Thicker oil may be a sight factor. I've never been impressed with factory batteries in any vehicle that I have ever bought...
  13. What year is your Mirage? Some early models got...

What year is your Mirage? Some early models got recalled for cold start issues.
  14. Replies
    Views

175/80 R14 is the absolute largest tire that will...

175/80 R14 is the absolute largest tire that will fit stock ride height. You can do the math to determine total outside tire diameter. Then estimate/take into consideration your drop. Not sure if...
  15. Replies
    Views

Amen. It always amuses me when someone is...

Amen. It always amuses me when someone is shocked that a brand new item could be broken. My favorite is, "I don't understand, it was working fine yesterday." My response is always the same,...
  16. Replies
    Views

Hey luckyforrest, do you suppose it's because...

Hey luckyforrest, do you suppose it's because that side gets loaded down more? I should check mine now that you mention it. In fact, I'm pretty sure I swapped my rear springs (from one side to the...
  17. Replies
    Views

It's an imperfect world, stuff breaks. That's why...

It's an imperfect world, stuff breaks. That's why you have a warranty.

Unless you've got heavy stuff in the back of the car, and more of it on one side than the other, your heights shouldn't be...
  18. Replies
    Views

Could be an indication of a blown rear shock....

Could be an indication of a blown rear shock. Back to the dealer.
  19. I agree. The following 14" tire sizes would be...

I agree. The following 14" tire sizes would be a better fit.

165/65r14*, 22.4”, 0%
    185/60r14, 22.7”, +1.3%
    175/65r14, 23.0”, +2.7%

185/70r14 are 24.2" outside diameter & would have a...
  20. I might go 185/60, but I think 185/70 would be...

I might go 185/60, but I think 185/70 would be too tall.
  21. Replies
    Views

LOL...that's exactly what I was thinking. ;)

LOL...that's exactly what I was thinking. ;)
  22. Replies
    Views

There is no way to shim this axle. The hubs are...

There is no way to shim this axle. The hubs are welded on, not bolted on.

The only possible adjustment (without bending it, which isn't factory-authorized, as far as I know) might be some slight...
  23. Replies
    Views

Your initial front toe numbers were way off. ...

Your initial front toe numbers were way off. Here's what your wheels looked like before your alignment. Imagine looking at your car from above. Your left front wheel was pointing inward...and your...
  24. Replies
    Views

luckyforrest, there are no adjustments for the...

luckyforrest, there are no adjustments for the rear axle. If you think it is better than before, great.

Some repair shops offer free alignment checks but charge for adjustments. Perhaps you can...
  25. Replies
    Views

There are reports on this forum of dealers...

There are reports on this forum of dealers refusing warranty service to modified vehicles, and this includes wheels not purchased through them. I hope you have your original wheels - it would be...
Page 1 of 2 1 2