Search:

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. I've had my 23 Bolt for about a year and a half...

I've had my 23 Bolt for about a year and a half now. It's got a bit over 10,000 miles on it. Besides a weird ticking sound when turning early on in the car's life (ended up being the dash support...
  2. Replies
    Views

Just to clarify, so far my Mirage has been dealt...

Just to clarify, so far my Mirage has been dealt with by two garages/mechanics:
    - The first, who replaced the gearbox mount and possibly failed to tighten the bolt and who is more interested in...
  3. Replies
    Views

17,250 mile late winter car-camp

I left in early February and got back in early April. General route was STL to the UP passed the Soo thru Ontario to New England, then back to STL for a pit stop before going up passed the ID...
  4. Replies
    Views

Steve - Your sister should sing your praises from...

Steve - Your sister should sing your praises from upon high! I'm close to the same size and you. It wouldn't hurt to have one of your very own. And, very sorry to hear about your mother...
  5. Replies
    Views

Update! I finished installing the used...

Update!
    I finished installing the used transmission last Thursday I believe it was. Everything went really smooth for the most part. I think the hardest part was getting everything lined up flush...
  6. Replies
    Views

Ciao! ModernistDinosaur here!

Hi all, I'm making a formal introduction after I posted about a curious used Mirage.

Long-story-short: my 2003 Golf TDI is aging. Although I've adored that car, life is such that I'm not going to...
  7. Replies
    Views

That inner universal joint looks bad. You could...

That inner universal joint looks bad. You could try getting an entire complete right side driveshaft as an aftermarket part instead. Costs about 100 quid, but a good deal cheaper than the OEM part.
  8. Replies
    Views

Johnny's right. That exact same thing happened to...

Johnny's right. That exact same thing happened to my old Ford Ranger a few years ago. Take it to your local Muffler shop or Indy garage & I'll bet they can fix it WAYY cheeper & faster. I think my...
  9. Replies
    Views

Looks like a filter housing? I'm not remembering...

Looks like a filter housing? I'm not remembering everything about this thread. And too lazy to look back.
  10. It's blue, I'll give ya that! If you do buy...

It's blue, I'll give ya that!

If you do buy it, tell us every little thing good or bad about the experience. So we can all laugh and/or say stuff like, "told ya so!"
  11. Replies
    Views

360,000 miles :)

Just finished post in the newbie section so ended up here looking to resolve a few issues. Yes, that's correct 360,00 miles but still running well. About a month ago I drove through a high ware...
  12. Replies
    Views

New member Phil,

Good morning, all, new to site and would like to say I love Mirage great little car. Long story short I was driving 1150 miles a week and when I changed shifts that ended. I did end up with 360,000...
  13. Replies
    Views

Easy fix: make sure to avoid right turns :) You...

Easy fix: make sure to avoid right turns :) You are welcome :D
  14. Replies
    Views

That is precisely why you do the warranty...

That is precisely why you do the warranty claim... I don't understand what you are saying.
  15. Replies
    Views

I thought the first two digits refer to the week,...

I thought the first two digits refer to the week, next two to the year, so your tires were made in the 49th week of 2023, just before Christmas
  16. Replies
    Views

After further inspection I found this under the...

After further inspection I found this under the door sill plate and fixing it now.
  17. Replies
    Views

I got the rear seat out and removed the access...

I got the rear seat out and removed the access plate to the fuel pump. I found no evidence of rodents or chewed wiring. Tomorrow I take it to work and get it on the lift for more inspection. If I...
  18. Replies
    Views

A bit of everything. They plug their scanner into...

A bit of everything. They plug their scanner into your obdII port and run the test electronically. Pre-obdII vehicles they used a sniffer in the tail pipe but they don't do that any longer because...
  19. Replies
    Views

165/65r14 Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire update - Tire...

165/65r14 Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire update - Tire Rack offered $100 off a set of these tires, & I placed my order on December 23, 2022.

Total cost when I placed my order was $272.28...
  20. Replies
    Views

General fuel pump harness pics in THIS...

General fuel pump harness pics in THIS thread.
  21. Winter tank = poop

https://mirageforum.com/forum/fe-graphs/graph11.gif

4.5 L/100 km = 52.5 MPG US

That covers the months of Jan/Feb, plus the start of March.

I'm happy that warm weather is returning. Time...
  22. Replies
    Views

2023 G4 Multiple Evap Codes

So the wife tells me the check engine light came on so I told her to swing by the shop after work. I hooked up the scanner and got these codes.......

P0441
    P0450
    P0452
    P0183

These codes are...
  23. Replies
    Views

It was really great! It was clouding over...

It was really great!

It was clouding over here, so we had a look at the satellite images, estimated the speed of the cloud front, so decided to race the moon down the highway towards blue skies. ...
  24. Replies
    Views

Update for any RHD owner - I ended up buying an...

Update for any RHD owner - I ended up buying an original heater and pipes from a breaker as the piping for RHD is of different shape and length than for LHD version.
    A Nissens heater comes only in...
  25. Replies
    Views

Say what you want about his initial review, but...

Say what you want about his initial review, but as I've said before, he put that car on the map for me. I never would have paid attention to another Mirage (after my '97 anyway) if it weren't for...
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 4