Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Is there an easy way to turn of TMPS warning light permanently?

Is there an easy way to turn off the TMPS warning light permanently?

I don't place much value on the TMPS system. It's just an idiot light as far as I'm concerned. NOTE--I an NOT
    inviting...
  2. Replies
    Views

Yeah, for some kinds of loads, putting them on...

Yeah, for some kinds of loads, putting them on that kind of trailer, might put less strain on a Mirage than putting the same weight on the back seats.
  3. Replies
    Views

I remember a little car that sold for an...

I remember a little car that sold for an "aggressively lower price" than others, the Yugo. Back when other low-priced little cars cost $7-8,000, you could get a Yugo for $5,000. We got one. It was...
  4. Replies
    Views

Years ago, I pulled a 13' fiberglass travel...

Years ago, I pulled a 13' fiberglass travel trailer behind my 77 VW bus, with an 18' aluminum canoe tied on top of the bus and the bus loaded for a 2-week vacation. Still got about 20 mpg (close to...
  5. Bad alignment usually causes uneven wear patterns...

Bad alignment usually causes uneven wear patterns on tires.

If the wear seems especially even, I doubt that the wear is caused by an alignment issue. Not to say, getting alignment checked isn't...
  6. Replies
    Views

Some articles about higher octane requirements...

Some articles about higher octane requirements call the sound caused by too low of an octane (for certain engines) pinging and some call it knocking. They are referring to the sound. Some pinging...
  7. Replies
    Views

If it could be clog related, I'd go with...

If it could be clog related, I'd go with respected a fuel system cleaner. (People opposed to fuel additives, sit on your hands for five minutes.) Next I'd consider replacing the fuel filter.

If...
  8. I don't think I said sound "deadening." And few...

I don't think I said sound "deadening." And few responders have mentioned any effect on wind sound with the deflectors they've used on their Mirages.

I was thinking of how one usually doesn't...
  9. The pick-up truck of today has lost its way, in...

The pick-up truck of today has lost its way, in my opinion. A pick-up should be a utilitarian vehicle with an interior you could just about wash out with a hose if you need to clean it. The interior...
  10. Has anybody installed plastic rain/wind deflectors above their Mirage windows?

I was thinking about installing some rain deflectors above the opening windows of my Mirage's side doors. It's been a long time since I've had those on a vehicle. They have, or are said to have,...
  11. Replies
    Views

If you look back at my first post in this thread,...

If you look back at my first post in this thread, you'll see that the first time I ever struggled with windshield glare was after I started wearing eyeglasses all of the time and found night-time...
  12. While we own our 2015 DE, high speed will be...

While we own our 2015 DE, high speed will be about 56mph, and it will rarely see that.
  13. Replies
    Views

The 2015 mantenance manual has two schedules. The...

The 2015 mantenance manual has two schedules. The one for harder driving conditions suggests oil changes every 3750 miles, and the one for lighter driving suggests oil changes every 7,500 miles. I...
  14. Replies
    Views

This link says that my recommendation of yellow...

This link says that my recommendation of yellow night driving glasses is total crap, and dangerouus:

http://www.laramyk.com/resources/education/dispensing/the-dangers-of-night-driving-glasses/
  15. Replies
    Views

When I first started wearing eye glasses, glare...

When I first started wearing eye glasses, glare from oncoming headlights bothered me a lot.

If the problem isn't from windshield scratching/etching. The original poster might try those polarized...
  16. Nobody has to show a diploma in automotive...

Nobody has to show a diploma in automotive mechanics in order to join this forum. There are threads I don't even open up because I don't have a clue about the subject, or because it's about some diy...
  17. Replies
    Views

You can always just take the rims in and leave...

You can always just take the rims in and leave the car at home. If the tire shop asks what those 175s are going on, tell 'em it's your dune buggy. ;)
  18. I'd much rather look at a clear set of pictures,...

I'd much rather look at a clear set of pictures, along with precise instructions, than look at a video. Thanks!

This was very helpful in helping me find and remove the old cabin air filter in my...
  19. This mod wouldn't help me. I hardly ever...

This mod wouldn't help me. I hardly ever pass...except for slow farm equipment. I'm the guy driving 52 mph, making you pass me because you left for your destination too late.

;)

But you...
  20. Wouldn't a kiwi-colored Mirage be brown and...

Wouldn't a kiwi-colored Mirage be brown and furry? You have to cut those fruit open to see any green.

;)
  21. Replies
    Views

I think one of the first things people new to...

I think one of the first things people new to this idea of getting better mileage by improving driving habits should understand is that the harder you tromp down on the brakes the more gas you are...
  22. Poll: I had a mid-90s Geo Metro 4-door Hatchback for a...

I had a mid-90s Geo Metro 4-door Hatchback for a couple of years. I loved it. I got it used, when it was a few years old. The prior owner had put platinum spark plugs in it, an upgrade from...