Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I noticed the cvt fluid in the Mirage's that I...

I noticed the cvt fluid in the Mirage's that I replace always looks dark. Oddly enough when I change it in one of the Nissans it's always light colored like new. I usually replace the fluid around...
  2. Replies
    Views

You probably just want more vacuum in your brake...

You probably just want more vacuum in your brake booster. It’s setup like this intentionally so the brake pads aren’t constantly dragging against rotors. Generally speaking this would involve you...
  3. Replies
    Views

Not sure the words 'good news' and 'Renault' can...

Not sure the words 'good news' and 'Renault' can ever belong in the same automotive thought bubble.
  4. Replies
    Views

Sticky: I put washer fluid in my car.

I put washer fluid in my car.
  5. Thread: Coolant

by Fummins
    Replies
    Views

There was green coolant in my car when I bought...

There was green coolant in my car when I bought it. When I replaced the engine I poured green universal coolant back in. The inside of the coolant passages looked brand new at 290000kms. I’d probably...
  6. As far as I know, there is no alarm sounding,...

As far as I know, there is no alarm sounding, just the LED. I agree its a PITA if it doesn't sound off.
    I check coolant level in the radiator and the oil level regularly, although this car does...
  7. Replies
    Views

If my memory is right, you need a normal 6mm...

If my memory is right, you need a normal 6mm allen key, the sort you find in just about every 1/4 inch ratchet box.
    The gasket should be either a simple O-ring or an aluminium washer. I would put...
  8. Replies
    Views

René Descartes argued that each of us is,...

René Descartes argued that each of us is, fundamentally, a thinking thing. Thought is our defining activity, setting us aside from animals, trees, rocks. I suspect this has helped market philosophy...
  9. Replies
    Views

I agree that you "probably" don't need to change...

I agree that you "probably" don't need to change the metal filter every 50k kms. But sometimes you can't see how much crap is actually trapped inside the filter itself unless you actually cut it...
  10. Replies
    Views

I prefill the filter slightly before install....

I prefill the filter slightly before install. Assuming your filter has an anti drawback valve you can pre-fill it like 1/5 the way before install. you can also spin the filter around a bit and let...
  11. Thread: New oil priming

by Mark
    Replies
    Views

The oil filter on my 2011 Subaru Forester is...

The oil filter on my 2011 Subaru Forester is mounted straight up. There's no way you're pre-filling an oil filter in that position. I would say the Mirage is in a tough spot to do so, too! If you...
  12. Replies
    Views

You could try to compare steering wheel part...

You could try to compare steering wheel part numbers on a mitsu parts site?
  13. Not exactly. I’m pretty sure the coolant...

Not exactly. I’m pretty sure the coolant circulates inside the engine, heater core and throttle body until it’s warm enough to need to be sent through to the radiator. Stopping coolant circulation...
  14. Thread: Oil Catch Can

by foama
    Replies
    Views

Right-oh mate. Let me try to answer. There is...

Right-oh mate. Let me try to answer.
    There is nothing preventing blowby from exiting the crankcase through the breather hose, but unless the engine is totally worn out there will usually never be...
  15. Thread: Oil Catch Can

by foama
    Replies
    Views

Mine has a catch can! It was inserted in the...

Mine has a catch can! It was inserted in the rubber ventilation hose exiting the PCV valve.

It collects about 0.6L fluids between oil changes in the cold season, that is when it freezes or snows...
  16. skyblue - Thanks for the info. I have done that...

skyblue - Thanks for the info. I have done that all on my cars. In the U.S. cars of charcoal cannisters. And some people go off the deep end about how I'm going to flood gas into my charcoal...
  17. There is a Kiwi manufacturer that lists one for...

There is a Kiwi manufacturer that lists one for the Mirage. Shipping has gotta be cheaper from NZ than the USA.

https://www.towbar.co.nz/vehicles/car/1585
  18. I found a seller or two that will ship...

I found a seller or two that will ship internationally but it appears it will run about a little more than $400AU total between purchase price + shipping.
  19. My Versa does the same thing. I can be cruising...

My Versa does the same thing. I can be cruising along at 1500 RPM and hit a slightly steep incline and the RPM's will go to 3500-4000. I know this kind of defeats the purpose of the c/c but I've...
  20. Replies
    Views

Sticky: 21437 The other drum ended up being red. I...

The other drum ended up being red. I ran out of black paint and didn't feel like getting more.

So half the car looks fast and furious.
  21. have you manage to find the wire that powers the...

have you manage to find the wire that powers the high beam relay?i think you can tap on that to create a new switch.
  22. Replies
    Views

Nice, well you obviously read some misinformation...

Nice, well you obviously read some misinformation or interpreted it wrong. I usually just drain and refill. Pull the plug and get about 2.5L. Jack up the back of the car and get another 1/2L.

I...
  23. The Mirage is featured in quite a few crime...

The Mirage is featured in quite a few crime stories sadly.
  24. Replies
    Views

21376 One too many **** bird for me. I'm gonna...

One too many **** bird for me. I'm gonna bail too. Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
  25. Replies
    Views

Can we all just agree the planet would be better...

Can we all just agree the planet would be better off without us? Lol. Humanity won't last either way. I'm curious what animal will step up to the plate, grow a developed frontal cortex, develop a...
Page 1 of 2 1 2