Search:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Fixed! Finally had time and desire today get to...

Fixed! Finally had time and desire today get to this again. What I did:

Cleaned the front brakes (again) and greased any and all contact surfaces where was it reasonable to do, including the...
  2. Replies
    Views

Finally, the transmission was replaced with one...

Finally, the transmission was replaced with one brand new. Picked up the car today. The handling now makes me remember a bit the way it drove when it was new. Expectedly, there's more torque on low...
  3. Replies
    Views

Another update. Transmission is being...

Another update.

Transmission is being installed and possibly I'll pick up the car this week, after being with the dealer more than a month already.
  4. Replies
    Views

Next thing you know the Ministry of Truth kills...

Next thing you know the Ministry of Truth kills your car because because they deem your driving hateful.
  5. Replies
    Views

Let's Go Brandon

Let's Go Brandon
  6. Replies
    Views

The empty bar starts blinking when there are 1.8...

The empty bar starts blinking when there are 1.8 - 2.2 gallons left. At around 0.7 g the engine may not start when cold. Don't ask me how I know that.
  7. The other day purposely estimated to drive the...

The other day purposely estimated to drive the tank as low as possible. My previous calculation that the empty bars start flashing when there's almost 2 gallons left matched the refill amount of 8.8...
  8. Replies
    Views

Inspected all teeth on the ring gear. All good. ...

Inspected all teeth on the ring gear. All good.

Now I'm trying to find a fitting starter brush kit because these ones look short to me already.
  9. Thread: Dash cam install

by R01k
    Replies
    Views

The cam fits completely behind the mirror. I...

The cam fits completely behind the mirror. I could have placed it further behind but then it would have been hard to operate the controls.

10. Thread: Dash cam install

by R01k
    Replies
    Views

I installed this Lecmal-branded model...

I installed this Lecmal-branded model back on 2015 and has been working acceptably. Today arrived a newer version that I bought for another car. In my Mirage the USB cable runs the same path you...
  11. Replies
    Views

Yeah, all that washer does practically is prevent...

Yeah, all that washer does practically is prevent the resonator from falling off the engine as it holds it very lax.
  12. Replies
    Views

Air Intake & Resonator Rattle

I noticed increasing rattling/roaring from the engine which -interestingly- was a bit worse when the engine was warm. Taking a close look and touching here and there under the hood, I found that...
  13. Replies
    Views

My car started doing that a few months ago right...

My car started doing that a few months ago right after replacing the CVT fluid at 36K miles. Used Mitsubishi's J4 and the level checks fine when hot and cold.

Only couple of things I can think of...
  14. Replies
    Views

I agree with Cobrajet. The cabin pressure acts...

I agree with Cobrajet. The cabin pressure acts against the door when closing it if all other doors are shut and windows up. Leaving the climate control air recirculator in the open position helps a...
  15. Replies
    Views

Changed the fluid today as brakes felt definitely...

Changed the fluid today as brakes felt definitely spongy and it was long due anyways. Started with passenger rear and the first ounces of fluid concentrated a faint brown color in the bottom that...
  16. Replies
    Views

Replaced fluid yesterday at 36K with Mitsubishi's...

Replaced fluid yesterday at 36K with Mitsubishi's CVTF J4 ($18.5/qt). The old fluid came out opaque green and the new one had a faint blue-gray color. With the front driver side jacked up, the pan...
  17. This is how it looked in my girlfriend's Camry...

This is how it looked in my girlfriend's Camry last year:

18. Poll: Have you called Mitsubishi directly?

Have you called Mitsubishi directly?
  19. 2002 Nissan Altima 9351

2002 Nissan Altima

20. Are you sure that all other fuses are ok? Is the...

Are you sure that all other fuses are ok?
    Is the beep literally constant or do you mean the intermittent warning chime?
  21. Replies
    Views

Mechanic Appalled by Mirage's Size

I don't know if this mechanic noticed that my dash cam was on while he disparaged my Mirage. Yesterday I dropped it at the shop for a routinary balance and alignment.

Looks like he was less than...
  22. Replies
    Views

Sticky: Awesome job! Hopefully Mitsu will correct the...

Awesome job! Hopefully Mitsu will correct the problem so that this thread doesn't go out of control like the original one, ha, ha.
  23. Replies
    Views

This is my third winter driving with my Mirage....

This is my third winter driving with my Mirage. Here in Rochester NY we get tons of snow from the Great Lakes. The first couple of winters were fine, but this one I notice that the car tends to slide...
  24. They all are, otherwise they would be out of...

They all are, otherwise they would be out of business.
  25. Replies
    Views

Same here. Was seriously considering the Spark...

Same here. Was seriously considering the Spark until took a look at their forum. I'm no cars expert, buy tons of complaints about engine problems made cross the Spark out.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3