Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I believe that switch (sensor) is part of the...

I believe that switch (sensor) is part of the liftgate latch assembly.
  2. Replies
    Views

https://www.raybestospowertrain.com/filters/515784...

https://www.raybestospowertrain.com/filters/515784 they have a list of stores that sell the part.
  3. Thread: Scan tools

by Cobrajet
    Replies
    Views

I just bought a Autel MK808 a few months ago. ...

I just bought a Autel MK808 a few months ago. It's a nice, middle-of-the-road, consumer-grade scan tool that probably does everything you'd need it to do. Gets good reviews.

Only used it a...
  4. Thread: Scan tools

by jtr990
    Replies
    Views

In my workplace, we used a Snap-On Modis ULTRA to...

In my workplace, we used a Snap-On Modis ULTRA to read diagnostic codes, read the car's live data, perform service resets (i.e.: oil life, battery management), and put certain Mitsubishis (including...
  5. I made this suggestion because it sounded like...

I made this suggestion because it sounded like the OP might have attempted this repair himself, but it was more complicated than he expected and required some specialty tools (like a press to install...
  6. To show you how far cars have advanced, check out...

To show you how far cars have advanced, check out this video where they show modern cars crashing into older models. Even cars made 20 years ago look like deathtraps compared to newer cars.

7. Replies
    Views

Yet Another CVT Fluid Change Yarn

I’ve been enjoying this forum for the past couple years and just now feel like I have the opportunity to give back a little. Well, maybe it’s mostly worthless blabber, but I know there are those of...
  8. Yep, pretty typical for them to look like that. ...

Yep, pretty typical for them to look like that. The holes in the cowl cover are rather large, so anything much smaller than a peanut will get sucked right down into the filter. Whatever makes it...
  9. Replies
    Views

Ironically, two-years later I can answer my own...

Ironically, two-years later I can answer my own question with a "yes". :)

The blank key with chip cost $11.55 with tax (free shipping). My local ACE Hardware charges $2.29 to cut a...
  10. Replies
    Views

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-wheel-speed-...

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/abs-wheel-speed-sensor-test Find out why your light on then go from there.

If you can change oil or even a flat tire then you're leaps and bounds ahead of most...
  11. Replies
    Views

Well it looks like the inspected the common...

Well it looks like the inspected the common problem connector. But wtf wouldn't they scan the thing and give you the damn codes? They could have been retards and missed corrosion. As I mentioned in...
  12. Does your TPMS light remain flashing? When I...

Does your TPMS light remain flashing?

When I have my winter tires (no sensors) on, the TPMS light flashes for 20-30 seconds & then goes solid light on for the remainder of the drive. I took my...
  13. Here's why I think Discount Tire was unable to...

Here's why I think Discount Tire was unable to register your new sensors. I own the same TPMS tool that Discount Tire was probably using on your car...a Bartec Tech400. I have been struggling with...
  14. Replies
    Views

Nice .. while I was the first to acquire .....

Nice .. while I was the first to acquire .. you'll be the first to actually use it..

The following videos were my tests on the bench:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQrAguoUy38

15. How to see real-time TPMS data in a Mirage (Huf ID1000)

This device has been discontinued by the manufacturer.

Scroll down to the bottom of this post. Summit Racing was the last place I was able to find these in early 2022. You will probably have a...
  16. Replies
    Views

I've actually been in contact with NGK. They...

I've actually been in contact with NGK. They contacted me a few weeks ago to ask if I would like a set of Ruthenium HX plugs for testing. I told them that I'd love a set to try out in the Mirage. ...
  17. Replies
    Views

What are you running for an air filter?

I've been thinking about preparing the Mirage for winter. I've been putting together a growing list of things I'd like to take care of before the cold really sets in. One of those things is an...
  18. Replies
    Views

2017+ Front Brakes on 2014-2015 Mirage

Hi,
    I finally got around to installing 2017+ Front brakes on my 2015 Mirage.

Parts needed:
    2017+ front brake caliper bracket
    (you do not need the actual caliper, only the bracket. It may be...
  19. The factory manual specifies doing a current test...

The factory manual specifies doing a current test to check the wheel speed sensors. Apply battery voltage with a current meter in series. They caution that connecting the battery with the reverse...
  20. Have you tried something like this? The only...

Have you tried something like this? The only thing they aren't showing is just checking the resistance in the wheel speed sensor first to make sure it's within spec.

21. Replies
    Views

Just want to tell you that I bought a transponder...

Just want to tell you that I bought a transponder key from eBay for $5 and took it to the local Mitsu dealer to have it cut and programmed. It turned out that the eBay key had been cut incorrectly...
  22. 100,000 mile compression test/spark plug replacement!

Well, 97,516 miles to be exact.

I always wondered how this engine was holding up to what I was subjecting it to, and decided that if I was going to have the plugs out for replacement anyway I...
  23. Replies
    Views

What's out there?

The Mirage is a small car. 14” rims is not that odd for a small car. The 165/65r14 tire size is odd in the U.S. market. Limited options do exist, however.

I know a number of forum...
  24. I believe there was a user that had to replace...

I believe there was a user that had to replace the passenger seat sensor cause his wet dog messed it up..

If it just needs to be reset one way that I worked for me with a Nissan was to turn the...
  25. Airbag code B1558 - anyone with the right tool want to make some money?

Thanks to my dog I had to remove and completely strip my passenger seat down to the frame for a deep cleaning/soaking of the foam pads. After reassembly my airbag light is on and dealer reports code...
Page 1 of 2 1 2