Search:

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I think you just need to play with the adjustment...

I think you just need to play with the adjustment range of what you have. It's very possible that you've just got it set up "wrong". (there are a lot of ways to do it wrong)

If you've maxed out...
  2. Replies
    Views

I test drove a slightly modded metro convertible...

I test drove a slightly modded metro convertible once. I couldn't say yes when I looked under the front end and saw how rusted the radiator support was...yeah, Minnesota��
  3. Replies
    Views

These lil cars are easy and fun to work on....

These lil cars are easy and fun to work on. That's why they do it.
  4. Road America has done "touring" laps at lunch for...

Road America has done "touring" laps at lunch for years and years. You pay $70 or so, and you get to drive around on the track at the lunch intersession.

There are rules: No passing in the...
  5. Replies
    Views

Wow. My fault.. I should have known better than...

Wow. My fault..
    I should have known better than to share something racing related with the Eco crowd.

The track event, it's a charity event that does not allow passing that may reach speeds of...
  6. Replies
    Views

Yeah, I've been intentionally staying out of...

Yeah, I've been intentionally staying out of this. But, I've done a LOT of track events over the years.

I'm not going to blame the driver/parent. Whoever put on this event that allowed cars on...
  7. Replies
    Views

It's not true at all. Using synthetic oil did not...

It's not true at all. Using synthetic oil did not cause that, and it's not normal.

Every engine I've ever opened that had regular synthetic oil changes (even with my lax 8-10k mile change...
  8. Replies
    Views

UPDATE: In short, the 450# (8k) springs don't...

UPDATE:

In short, the 450# (8k) springs don't suck. With the shocks set towards the middle of their adjustment, street ride is pretty good. And autocross performance was better. Feels good and...
  9. True but you can tell there is hints of nostalgia...

True but you can tell there is hints of nostalgia for this sort of econo box, the reviewer doesn't say it unfortunately, but the whole 30 years ago throwback aspect of the Mirage they repeat a few...
  10. Yet they will continue to have a whole lot more...

Yet they will continue to have a whole lot more aftermarket parts options than us.
  11. There's one guy with Recaro...

There's one guy with Recaro https://mirageforum.com/forum/garage-pic.php?img=https://mirageforum.com/forum/images/dto_garage/users/434/3726.jpg
  12. Just checked the given link .. it's working. ...

Just checked the given link .. it's working.

https://amzn.to/2PFuSYt

13. I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the...

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the headlights that you have. I like the looks of them, and they have some pretty good reviews. I've been researching a bunch of different ones, and I think...
  14. Replies
    Views

At least he made comparisons to cars that are...

At least he made comparisons to cars that are close to the correct market segment.

And he called the drivetrain "lukewarm" rather than cold.

Some people just don't appreciate honest basic...
  15. "Have you driven a Kia lately?"

"Have you driven a Kia lately?"
  16. The Mirage with 6.3" of ground clearance already...

The Mirage with 6.3" of ground clearance already has more clearance than a standard RAV4 6.1". So a little fender cladding and call it a subcompact CUV. They'd sell 200,000 of them a year here.
  17. Thread: Wider tires?

by Loren
    Replies
    Views

1. Shocks. Particularly the rear ones. When they...

1. Shocks. Particularly the rear ones. When they go soft, the car gets wallowy.

2. Rear swaybar. Add one. That will take care of most of what you're talking about. (but if you just do the bar, and...
  18. Replies
    Views

Carlos. Yes, I've heard of the placebo effect. ...

Carlos. Yes, I've heard of the placebo effect.

You don't have to believe me. If I ever have time to do some proper testing, I will. But, I have have felt OBVIOUS effects of this device, nothing so...
  19. Thread: I did a thing

by fc321
    Replies
    Views

Nice color. Keep in mind that Mistsu already...

Nice color. Keep in mind that Mistsu already offers 5 years of roadside assistence for free so if you are getting charged extra for these services by the insurance company you may want to remove...
  20. Replies
    Views

I really hate stock shock of the mirage. So weak...

I really hate stock shock of the mirage. So weak and soft. Handling is beyond help using stock config.
  21. ^ It's possible as a new vehicle it could be...

^ It's possible as a new vehicle it could be limited by supply. August was its best month in the States so far.

http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2018/04/mitsubishi-eclipse-cross-sales-figures/
  22. Replies
    Views

G4 2000+ mile road trip MPG report

Hi all, we just returned from our first long road trip with our 2017 G4 CVT from Phoenix, AZ to Yellowstone National Park and thought I'd give an MPG report. These numbers are from the Ave A digital...
  23. Replies
    Views

Any difference in weight would be minimal....

Any difference in weight would be minimal. Consider that the springs are going to be lighter, too. (smaller diameter, and shorter in length) And the rear lower mounting sleeves are aluminum.

I...
  24. Replies
    Views

That'd be great, Loren. Might open up a host of...

That'd be great, Loren. Might open up a host of options.

FYI, I've been doing a bit of research, and KYB does indeed make shocks for the Mirage, at least for the Japanese and Asian market A05A...
  25. Replies
    Views

Looks like the Yaris shocks are gone. Probably...

Looks like the Yaris shocks are gone. Probably tossed them in the back of the Festiva parts car when I junked it.

2015 Mirage rear shocks approximate measurements:

Overall Extended Length:...
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4