Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

Waterless coolants have a much lower specific...

Waterless coolants have a much lower specific heat capacity and are thus less able to remove heat. It would be like using 70-80 percent coolant as opposed to a 50/50 mix in terms of cooling ability. ...
  2. Not sure it is justified. We ran 10k change...

Not sure it is justified. We ran 10k change intervals on '96 1.5L Mazda, which had similar gearing 3000 RPM at 60 MPH, and had no issues. Engine had gone over 400k without rebuild.
  3. Replies
    Views

1.a. I like geothermal for it's efficiency. It...

1.a. I like geothermal for it's efficiency. It is the prime reason for retrofitting my home with it - that, and the federal tax credits made it more affordable. My interest in energy efficiency is...
  4. Replies
    Views

I'll bet you are busy these days. I want to...

I'll bet you are busy these days.

I want to better manage surface storm water in my yard. Do you have any resources I could use to learn more about this?
  5. Replies
    Views

Well this is a can of worms but I am using Mobile...

Well this is a can of worms but I am using Mobile 1 0w-20 extended performance and will send in a Blackstone oil samle at 15k and report back. An oil analysis of the stock mitsu oil was posted here...
  6. Replies
    Views

I recommend mobile one economy 0w20, for the...

I recommend mobile one economy 0w20, for the price and 7500 warranty required oil change its simply the best. The manual transmission uses 75w80, redline is the recommended brand for this, I've ran...
  7. Replies
    Views

Agree on both counts. Many cars ago we had...

Agree on both counts.

Many cars ago we had valve covers off on engine with 68k. The internals looked like they just rolled off assembly line, sparking silver. Engine had conventional oil for 1st...
  8. Replies
    Views

Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the...

Yes, I have a computer setup to monitor on the OBD2 port that I drove around with a few times when it was hotter outside to see what coolant and CVT fluid temps were.

CVT fluid temps follow in...
  9. Web Find: DieHard 200A Wheeled Battery Charger & Engine Starter $69.99

wheeled base, 6-ft 8-gauge output cables, 6-ft power cable, full 3-year warranty

regular price: $139.99
    sale price: $69.99

link

10. Replies
    Views

Installing an engine block heater, video

Came accross this video for installing a block heater:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4xbJNbEH2c
  11. So we finally found the LED bulb which works well...

So we finally found the LED bulb which works well in Mirage headlights.

Here is the one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016D84WYW $53 with free prime shipping.

Unlike the others we tired the...
  12. Improvements on the 2017 model

... The redesign is functional as well. The front bumper features a chiseled crease for smooth airflow. The front tyre air dam is optimised, and a rear tyre air dam is added to reduce drag...
  13. Poll: I went to a presentation by one of the designers...

I went to a presentation by one of the designers of the "Urbee" (http://korecologic.com/). He had this clever info-graphic about a stagecoach powered by 8 horses. That coach worked well, but people...
  14. Poll: One thing is for certain. If you are unsure of...

One thing is for certain. If you are unsure of your alignment, routine tire rotations will help to prevent premature tire wear. I was rotating my tires every 5,000 miles and did not notice the odd...
  15. Poll: Board member 'old mechanic' has used a...

Board member 'old mechanic' has used a combination of rods and turnbuckle to address excessive toe-in, then used an appropriately-sized lever to bend the axle spindles into compliance. You could...
  16. Replies
    Views

Poll: Plenty of power for my needs. I'd even consider...

Plenty of power for my needs. I'd even consider less hp for better mileage. The 1.0 with a 6 speed with 6th being a .55 ratio? That's what I'm talkin' about!
  17. Replies
    Views

FYI: Crazy Jerry's DIY rust-prevention threads: ...

FYI: Crazy Jerry's DIY rust-prevention threads:

Rust protection for the inner rear quarters
    Rust protection for the rear hatch
    Rust protection front/rear doors
    Rust protection...
  18. Replies
    Views

I keep mine clean and in a garage, usually enough...

I keep mine clean and in a garage, usually enough here to keep them rust free. If I saw any that concerned me, scotchbrite and brushed on rustoleum black do fine. Never done than with a car I bought...
  19. Poll: My right rear camber was off by the same amount...

My right rear camber was off by the same amount and I found odd tire wear, got my axle replaced under warranty and the new one is out of adjustment too.
  20. Replies
    Views

3089 I finally got around to routing the cable...

I finally got around to routing the cable inside the lower left kick panel. That's a lot of wiring harnesses and connectors in there! I never did kick it while shifting, but it still bugged...
  21. Replies
    Views

Engine block heater installation video

I made a video this morning showing the installation of my engine block heater. Hope this helps!

http://youtu.be/A4xbJNbEH2c
  22. Mirage aero mods for better fuel economy: 4.5% improvement @ 90 km/h / 56 mph

To get ready for the 2014 SMCC Economy Run event in Montreal, I slapped together some temporary coroplast aero modifications on the 2014 Mitsubishi Mirage 5-speed that Mitsu loaned me.