Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I’ve said it before, and I continue to wonder,...

I’ve said it before, and I continue to wonder, would a transmission oil cooler make all the difference on these Jatco units? Just a small little external cooler like you usually see for engine oil on...
  2. All the power to you! Glad it’s been a good...

All the power to you! Glad it’s been a good purchase for you. My wife’s been enjoying her upgrade (back) to the Niro and I’ve been living that EV life for the past 10,000kms.
  3. When I get really terrible mileage with...

When I get really terrible mileage with something, I like to do the math and see how many mirages I could’ve driven the same distance with the same amount of fuel. 390k on original CVT is mighty...
  4. Pretty sure I got 34.X L into this nugget one...

Pretty sure I got 34.X L into this nugget one time. Left for work with it already flashing the last bar, and it started the hard flash with 45km left to go.
  5. SOLD to Fummins, 283XXX kms, mildy broken

SOLD to Fummins, 283XXX kms, mildy broken
  6. That's my baby you're talking about! Haha! It...

That's my baby you're talking about! Haha!

It was actually a little sad handing the keys over; I hadn't driven it more that 5 minutes in the last two years, but the trip to deliver it to Fummins...
  7. and it’s SOLD to Fummins! Delivered today and...

and it’s SOLD to Fummins! Delivered today and would you believe that tired CVT made the 100+km trip at highway speeds with no issues?
  8. I was ok about the CVT fluid, but never did...

I was ok about the CVT fluid, but never did either of the filters. I think it was a combination of luck and exclusively highway miles. From about 30,000kms (18,500mi) it was 100% highway driving....
  9. I’ve been driving a Kia Niro HEV for the last...

I’ve been driving a Kia Niro HEV for the last couple years, but just bought a 2017 Bolt EV for the commute. Take that, fuel bill!
  10. She's tired but still has some fight left! (For sale: 2014 with wonky CVT)

Located in central Alberta

It's finally time. I'm never going to get around to fixing the transmission in my 2014 CVT ES.

It has two sets of tires on rims, 285,000kms, and a transmission that...
  11. I'll just get you to correct my name if you...

I'll just get you to correct my name if you could. It's an easy mistake, everyone does it. All the same letters and all.
  12. How about a 3D lower grille block? Any plans for...

How about a 3D lower grille block? Any plans for that?
  13. Replies
    Views

We don't have posted minimum speed limits on the...

We don't have posted minimum speed limits on the highways here, so the posted limit DOES act as a min/max.

If you go 10% under the posted limit on the QE2 (in clear weather), it's often more...
  14. Replies
    Views

Not to mentione I crammed all that mileage on in...

Not to mentione I crammed all that mileage on in under 5 years. I've heard worse from Nissan Jatco's, too. (Rogue)
  15. Replies
    Views

Ah yes, I remember when I was so young and full...

Ah yes, I remember when I was so young and full of hope.

I have the same commute (120 miles) with the same speeds (70-80mph), and now a lump of steel where a functioning CVT used to be. And it...
  16. My trans may be shot, but at least my car still...

My trans may be shot, but at least my car still starts! Original battery and after two days of -35C (-31 F) or so sitting at my work parking lot, she fired right up!
  17. Replies
    Views

Sorry, you misunderstood. A separate opt-in...

Sorry, you misunderstood. A separate opt-in program tows me 15 or so kms, fixes flats, boosts batteries, etc.

As for a Mitsu warranty, I bought the car January 25th, 2014.... so my five years are...
  18. Replies
    Views

This idiot just kicked his loose, too. Saved me a...

This idiot just kicked his loose, too. Saved me a trip under the ramps to see how to fix.
  19. Replies
    Views

I had really considered trying to make a flap...

I had really considered trying to make a flap with tape that covered the gap (while I was taping off the 'mail-slot').

My thought was that it would flatten to the hood and cover the gap when at...
  20. Replies
    Views

I've been trying to think on how to fix this, also

I've been trying to think on how to fix this, also
  21. Thread: 10w-30

by Tyrelirwin
    Replies
    Views

As a higher mileage user, I'm pretty sure that...

As a higher mileage user, I'm pretty sure that anyone with a CVT need not worry about their engine being the failure point. It's cold here, I use Mobil 1 0w-20, change every 10,000kms (about every 50...
  22. Replies
    Views

I drive over 800 miles per week, and have always...

I drive over 800 miles per week, and have always changed oil at 6,200 miles. It is always dark by that point. I've used both 0w20 and 5w20. I find the 5w20 is more quiet. I usually buy what is on...
  23. looks great! I used tape...13247

looks great! I used tape...13247
  24. Yeah, I have 170k miles on mine and haven't got...

Yeah, I have 170k miles on mine and haven't got the recall done yet. The car starts poorly in the cold (really cold, -20F or colder). But I garage it most days, and/or use the block heater, so it...
  25. Ya'll need to live a little! I've managed to put...

Ya'll need to live a little! I've managed to put in a little over 34L a few times. Thats 9 gallons. I just reset my trip odometer every tank, and reset the B trip when it starts flashing at me. I...
Page 1 of 2 1 2