Search:

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I don't mind TPMS, but will admit that the...

I don't mind TPMS, but will admit that the implementation of TPMS in the Mirage is definitely lacking. I think they made it a low-level system (the driver can't see the 4 tire pressure values) to...
  2. Replies
    Views

I personally wouldn't let that slide. If I had...

I personally wouldn't let that slide. If I had a broken sensor on my Mirage, I could tell you which one it is in under 5 minutes. It would take me longer to find my scanning tool than do the...
  3. Replies
    Views

That's not shocking. Welcome to dealing with a...

That's not shocking. Welcome to dealing with a Mitsubishi dealer. Some are great and
    Just drive up to a tire shop or any shop that has a tool that can read tpms sensors.

They should be able to...
  4. Replies
    Views

Push? Ah, I see how that works! Gripping is an...

Push? Ah, I see how that works! Gripping is an understatement. Also a pun! Thank you for the video. Emphasizes fluid change importance, in my opinion. Maybe even the wisdom of the paper filter change...
  5. Replies
    Views

Yes. There are also 2 in the Mirage cvt oil pan.

Yes. There are also 2 in the Mirage cvt oil pan.
  6. Replies
    Views

Great way to do a quick change... I took my2019...

Great way to do a quick change... I took my2019 to the dealer and they only drained about 3.6 quarts out the plug ( I took the other0.4 quarts home , that stuff is expensive :) ). The thing about...
  7. Replies
    Views

I'd never do the metal filter in the cvt ever...

I'd never do the metal filter in the cvt ever again, I'd always do the paper filter though it's easy and would catch most of the bad stuff and I'd always take the pan off and give it a good wipe out...
  8. Replies
    Views

I'd take that quote from 2014 regarding the cvt...

I'd take that quote from 2014 regarding the cvt not shifting to overdrive until hot with a grain of salt.

Highest mileage cvt in our fleet has almost 420,000kms on it. There was one at...
  9. Replies
    Views

At least your as head of the curve with CVT...

At least your as head of the curve with CVT maintenance, something that I'd venture can't be said with 90% of other Versa owners. And they wonder why their JATCO CVTs fail @ 70k miles.
  10. Replies
    Views

How to fix snorkel rattle permanently

The snorkel assembly is actually three independant parts loosely connected allowing unwanted movement.
    The actual oval pipe and resonator box on the left is numbered piece one in the photo. The...
  11. Replies
    Views

Thanks, Just pumped a little shy of 3qtz @ 35k...

Thanks,

Just pumped a little shy of 3qtz @ 35k miles.

Pump was a great idea.
    Very easy.

So now my question is:
    Dealer only recommended drain+fill.
    Which is 3 qtz of out of 7.4 (roughly)...
  12. Replies
    Views

HOW TO disable TPMS with re-enable option

Here is how to disable the TPMS, or rather how to inhibit the annoying blinking if you are driving without working TPMS transmitters. It is easy to do, and self-explanitory to re-enable it.
    Of...
  13. Replies
    Views

Question: Because CV joints are supposed to...

Question:

Because CV joints are supposed to cost a fortune of $ 840, will a CV joint from a 2004-2006 Smart For Four or from a 2004-2012 Mitsubishi Colt fit on our cars? Because they have...
  14. Replies
    Views

It's the same as replacing a metro axle and...

It's the same as replacing a metro axle and pretty much any front axle with independent front suspension. Just like Loren said. Unbolt axle nut, ball joint, tie rod end(just to make it easier to move...
  15. Replies
    Views

We just pulled the shafts from the transmission....

We just pulled the shafts from the transmission. We did have to unbolt the lower control arm for clearance. But, we never removed the axle from the hub.
  16. Replies
    Views

We didn't replace axles, but we had to separate...

We didn't replace axles, but we had to separate them from the transmission when we pulled the engine and transmission. We had already drained the transmission, so fluid wasn't an issue. They were...
  17. Replies
    Views

Fummins or Loren chime in here... Pretty sure...

Fummins or Loren chime in here...

Pretty sure the basics you say are accurate with a good pry bar to pop it out of the CVT with some fluid loss. Just make sure the seal is new or in good shape on...
  18. Replies
    Views

5k 35k Nope. Actually seemed to be quieter...

Nope. Actually seemed to be quieter and smoother after. I did 2 drain and refills at 30k. I bought mine from that exact seller.
  19. Replies
    Views

It seems it would take 6 flushes of 2.5L each...

It seems it would take 6 flushes of 2.5L each time to get 93% of the fluid changed. Thats 15L
  20. Replies
    Views

Great post Jimmy! I've added it to our Mods &...

Great post Jimmy! I've added it to our Mods & DIY list for easy future reference. :encouragement:
  21. Replies
    Views

I've got a Pela fluid extractor from my VW days,...

I've got a Pela fluid extractor from my VW days, will be using this method. :applause: