Search:

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Search: Search took 1.00 seconds.

1. Replies
    Views

I see no reason to give a car more than 30...

I see no reason to give a car more than 30 seconds to warm up. Anything more is a waste of gas. Electronic ignitions are designed to handle this, & driving the car helps it warm up faster.
  2. Thread: Workshop manual

by Eggman
    Replies
    Views

mmc-manuals (mmc-manuals.ru) Its' a Russian...

mmc-manuals

Its' a Russian site that's also in English. Use this link or find the link to switch to English language on the main page.

Best wishes.
  3. Don’t believe Amazon’s interchange. It’s wrong...

Don’t believe Amazon’s interchange. It’s wrong 90% of the time. The only time it’s correct is by fluke.
    Use mfg site at least. But keep in mind different markets might use different part numbers....
  4. Ummmm....my car hasn't spit them out yet, and it...

Ummmm....my car hasn't spit them out yet, and it has been 40,000 miles. I found the interchange on a website I can't find now.
  5. Yes. If you are already using iridium, then I...

Yes. If you are already using iridium, then I would say changing them at 62,500 miles is premature no matter what the manual says. The owner's manual you are looking at may have been written for...
  6. To answer the past three posts, 1: Yes, only...

To answer the past three posts,

1: Yes, only Iridium. Applies to both NGK and Denso.

2: Usual places online include for example Yeepay, Amazon, Car parts online, Your Favourite Online...
  7. That's hilarious. My brother-in-law asked my wife...

That's hilarious. My brother-in-law asked my wife once what kind of car I drive. When she told him he said "that's a pretty small car". She shrugged and said "he's got nothing to prove".

Just this...
  8. I read the same review. Also that Mitsubishi the...

I read the same review. Also that Mitsubishi the brand is the "mediocre credit" dealership. Hey you know what, back in 2014 when I bought my Mirage, my credit wasn't that great. They gave me a 7...
  9. The Small Car Stereotype: You're poor, have bad credit, or in a bad place

The Ace of Base:2019 Mitsubishi Mirage story on TheTruthAboutCars.com inspired me to write this piece: Cheap, small cars so often have this stigma behind them. You must be poor, have bad credit, or...
  10. Replies
    Views

I stopped by at an old friends shop on the...

I stopped by at an old friends shop on the weekend. They had an 09 lancer that their mechanic just replaced the cvt in. It's acting like it's starting out in 4th from a stop. I looked and made sure...
  11. Because here in Israel we pay 100% tax from the...

Because here in Israel we pay 100% tax from the car price. So yes compared to usa the price is insane.
  12. Check out these threads. I think you'll find...

Check out these threads. I think you'll find your answer in here. I don't think anyone has had a clearance issue using the adapters/spacers Eggman mentioned. Yes...you can cut the metal in the...
  13. Sounds like you'll be the first. I think they'll...

Sounds like you'll be the first. I think they'll fit just fine, especially if you get the Scosche SAMI651 speaker adapter.

Be sure to let us know how they work out. :)
  14. Replies
    Views

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/6956-...

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showthread.php/6956-Another-CVT-fluid-question
  15. Replies
    Views

I don't know why it's there. I didn't design the...

I don't know why it's there. I didn't design the car. I assume it's so someone(dealer) can keep the fluid changed according to the degration level. How it tells the level, I have no clue. Maybe it...
  16. Replies
    Views

Yes there is a pressure sensor. It has nothing to...

Yes there is a pressure sensor. It has nothing to do with changing the oil. It does not need to be reset.
    I think what you're talking about is the oil life deterioration level(or whatever) reset....
  17. Replies
    Views

In the IT world we call it a PEBKAC error....

In the IT world we call it a PEBKAC error. Problem exists between keyboard and chair. :)
  18. Replies
    Views

You may want to look at the Factory Service...

You may want to look at the Factory Service Manual (FSM) !

Look through some of the threads in this forum and you will find out where to get it free.
  19. transfer case

I feel like you asked a sincere question, but I am not sure you got a clear answer on this.

A transfer case would be found on an AWD or 4WD vehicle. Most modern AWD vehicles are front...
  20. Replies
    Views

The big OE spark plug makers don't even claim any...

The big OE spark plug makers don't even claim any MPG gains from changing to this plug or that. If they could, I got to believe they would. The different 'grades' of spark plug are mostly about how...
  21. Replies
    Views

If it meets the mfg recommended specs I'd use it....

If it meets the mfg recommended specs I'd use it. I don't see the point in paying 3x as much for something just cause it has the mfg sticker on the bottle. Unless the fluid mfg lied about the specs...
  22. Replies
    Views

The spec sheet does say its J4 compatible. I...

The spec sheet does say its J4 compatible. I don't see any huge reason not to use it.

Castrol Transmax CVT datasheet
  23. Replies
    Views

That's an interesting point from the standpoint...

That's an interesting point from the standpoint of compatibility. How can we know if two different brands of CVT fluid are compatible with each other?

It's more work to fully evacuate all the...
  24. Replies
    Views

Because you won't be certain that this fluid is...

Because you won't be certain that this fluid is 100% correct for your car (which is why you are asking here). Again, I am sure the fluid you are considering would probably be fine. Probably. ...
  25. Replies
    Views

Are you referring to the daytime running lights...

Are you referring to the daytime running lights (DRL’s). Some countries require them so they are activated. It is changeable in ETACS.
Page 1 of 2 1 2