Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Radio turns on with the car

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I think this is on the radio alone, the radio installed is design to do that, mine does not do that the radio stays off if you turn it off before turning off the engine and also stays on the last mode (ex BT, AM,FM) when you turn it on, but our OEM radio is locally procured thats why its really different but in case of wirings i thinks its common to all models internationally.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 679 Posts
    I don't have that problem. If it was turned off (four seconds on the button) it stays off.

The radio section of the owners manual takes up half of it, the other half is the entire rest. Modern times...

Thank goodness our cars aren't VIN-locked like a certain other makers stuff! To hell with a VIN-locked machine! The "owner" doesn't even own his tractor or combine even if he paid in full and "bought" it through an official dealer. It gathers all sorts of data on the farmer's land and soil, and that data may end up at Monsanto, or even at real-estate brokers and developers who are interested in the land. If you repair your machine and exhange a part, "your" engine may not recognize that part and block you, the "owner", from using what you paid for.

Thankfully our cars are different! But beware, some brands of cars are VIN-locked...

https://doctorow.medium.com/about-th...s-bc93f471b9c8

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (05-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I don't have that problem. If it was turned off (four seconds on the button) it stays off.

The radio section of the owners manual takes up half of it, the other half is the entire rest. Modern times...

Thank goodness our cars aren't VIN-locked like a certain other makers stuff! To hell with a VIN-locked machine! The "owner" doesn't even own his tractor or combine even if he paid in full and "bought" it through an official dealer. It gathers all sorts of data on the farmer's land and soil, and that data may end up at Monsanto, or even at real-estate brokers and developers who are interested in the land. If you repair your machine and exhange a part, "your" engine may not recognize that part and block you, the "owner", from using what you paid for.

Thankfully our cars are different! But beware, some brands of cars are VIN-locked...

https://doctorow.medium.com/about-th...s-bc93f471b9c8
    That 4 second push is the problem! Several of us were blissfully ignorant of the 4 second push. We all thought that one quick push turned it off when that only muted it.
    Karl

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It's pretty clear that there is a difference between hitting the button vs pressing it. Either way it doesn't matter in my case, the radio still turns on on car startup. Very sill programming in my opinion.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    It's pretty clear that there is a difference between hitting the button vs pressing it. Either way it doesn't matter in my case, the radio still turns on on car startup. Very sill programming in my opinion.
    Due to backup cameras being in all newer cars, I have to believe all radio screens turn on automatically. There's no way around that. I would think the radio itself would work independently of that, however.

Does a simple push of the button turn your radio off while you are driving then?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have the same function others have noted. A single press mutes and holding turns the screen off.

My wife's 2022 Accent turns on with the screen off if that was how it was when the car was turned off. The backup camera comes on independently from that. It seems this is one of the negatives of getting the cheaper car. I'll have to decide how I want to handle it going forward.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibles View Post
    I have the same function others have noted. A single press mutes and holding turns the screen off.

My wife's 2022 Accent turns on with the screen off if that was how it was when the car was turned off. The backup camera comes on independently from that. It seems this is one of the negatives of getting the cheaper car. I'll have to decide how I want to handle it going forward.
    Mine, too! Single push mutes. Four second push kills the screen. Start the car (or turn switch to run position) radio comes back on!
    I will just do what I have adapted: turn volume to zero before shutdown.

Karl