Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling my 3-cylinder car

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    I'm not interested in buying your car...but what's the least you'll take for it?

I've never had a Facebook account so I don't even know how FB Marketplace works. But I can only imagine there's even more unstable people there than on Craigslist.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-10-2022),MetroMPG (05-11-2022),mohammad (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    what's the least you'll take for it?
    Classic!

Anytime I list something on Kijiji(cambodian craiglist) I usually get messages within minutes asking this. What's your bottom dollar....or would you take less than half of what you have it listed for cause it needs work? Sometimes I answer yes then stop replying.
    When I was selling my Fummins, I had some guy with a British accent keep calling and leaving voicemails with stupid questions that were all explained in the add. Like is it stock(no it's got a school bus cummins ffs and dodge 6 speed, an 8" lift etc.....) I didn't bother replying so he had his wife call to complain

I won't bother dealing with stupid people or ones too far away to come look in person.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

craigq (05-11-2022),Top_Fuel (05-10-2022)

Sold!

PPU.

I took a bit less than I think I could have got, but the buyer came across as uncharacteristically decent compared to some of the others who have replied / low-balled. Happy to reward him for being a civil human being. $1200

Sadly, he doesn't plan to actually save the car. He just wants it for parts for his existing convertible, and mine comes with all the extra goodies from the Swift GT that convertible owners like.

...Except for the 100 hp twin cam engine... I sold the engine a couple of years ago to a guy making an ultralight airplane.

We lifted the 1.3 out of the donor car with a 4x4 beam. I love small cars.

Name:  swift-motor-out.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  85.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-11-2022),Top_Fuel (05-11-2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    would you take less than half of what you have it listed for cause it needs work? Sometimes I answer yes then stop replying.
    That's so... creatively dastardly!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Sold!

PPU.

I took a bit less than I think I could have got, but the buyer came across as uncharacteristically decent compared to some of the others who have replied / low-balled. Happy to reward him for being a civil human being. $1200 ]
    You gotta like when that happens. The last few things I sold over the years went pretty well and sold fast as well. After weeding out the flakeys.

Selling things is funny.

My folks just listed their house the other day, apparently a house one across the street is being listed at the same time with the same realtor. The realtor was saying he thought the other guy was asking too much and should consider lowering his price. The seller instead instructed realtor to raise listing price by $30,000

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Buddy was supposed to pick up the Firefly tonight, but his tow vehicle "blew a caliper"... so I have to look at it for a couple more days.

---

I sold my dad's old ('05) Camry on the weekend. It went for the full asking price to the first person who came to look at it ($3800 as-is -- had a minor fuel tank leak, disclosed in the ad). There were half a dozen serious inquiries within a couple of hours of posting the ad. Underpriced that one!

Oh... and I've had 3 people message me to say, "I'll buy your FIrefly if the deal doesn't go through."

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Buddy was supposed to pick up the Firefly tonight, but his tow vehicle "blew a caliper"... so I have to look at it for a couple more days.

---

I sold my dad's old ('05) Camry on the weekend. It went for the full asking price to the first person who came to look at it ($3800 as-is -- had a minor fuel tank leak, disclosed in the ad). There were half a dozen serious inquiries within a couple of hours of posting the ad. Underpriced that one!
    I'm seriously considering selling my side by side that I bought new 2 years ago. I'm relatively confident I could get pretty close to what I paid for it new. It's a great time to flog something but a horrible time to buy! Will reconsider after damage inspection after July trip.

Yeah, my dad had the Camry for 5 years, and I probably could have sold it for close to what he paid for it ($6k) if I'd fixed the fuel leak and got it inspected... instead of being lazy.

A buddy just sold a ~22 foot bow rider boat for over twice what he paid for it 5 years ago.

I just threw a few things on Kijiji to clean out the yard.
    I was quickly reminded about one more message I always seem to get. "is this still available?" In their defense I forgot to include the "if you're reading this it's still available" in the ad...