Thread: Stuffed my Mirage full for a dump run

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Stuffed my Mirage full for a dump run

Can't believe how much I can get in my Mirage for my trip to the dump tomorrow. Bunch of old kitchen cabinets, bunch of old insulation, my TV box 55" sharp, trunk closed no problemo.
    Name:  stuffed mirage.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  81.3 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-09-2022),inuvik (05-09-2022),x111951753 (05-10-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Good picture to add to this thread:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...-G4-Space-Star

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (05-09-2022)

I wish we could yank the front passenger seat from the Mirage without triggering the SRS/airbag light.

Even more room for dump runs!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    I wish we could yank the front passenger seat from the Mirage without triggering the SRS/airbag light.

You could...... If I were to do it I'd remove the seat. Remove wiring harness and ocs module(under seat base), and seat cushion sensor, install a resistor of proper resistance where the side seat airbag was plugged in. Zip tie everything together and stick it under the carpet, route it under the center console, or stuff it in the glove box? I'm not sure how the seat sensor pad works, if it's only two wires you might be able to bypass it with a resistor as well?
    If you didn't want to dink with all that you might be able to remove just the seat back rest(I recommend a sawzall) and just bypass the airbag easy enough with a resistor and bob's your auntie.

Or just unbolt it and do none of those things. Your airbag light will be on but mines been on for over a year. If I crash I probably won't have to replace my airbags If you have a capable scan tool just reset your light when you bolt the seat back in.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-11-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post

For sure. Would be nice to get longer stuff in with no passenger seat. None of the seats in the Mirage truly fold flat. I think the Mirage has 1000 L of cargo space? I'm not sure but it's a lot considering the numbers of much bigger vehicles.

People love CUVs/SUVs but I think one part they like is the hatchback.

Last edited by dspace9; 05-10-2022 at 06:20 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)