Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mitsubishi back to profitability

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Mitsubishi back to profitability

Mitsubishi heads back to profitability. Slow and steady, I guess. Not exactly winning the race, but better than they have been.

https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-profitability

Last edited by AtomicPunk; 05-12-2022 at 12:23 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (05-16-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Right on, I guess now is the time to make money on cars.

Revenues up 24% this quarter. Almost a million cars sold by the end of the year. Someone else posted something about 125,000 Mirages sold last year.

That's good news for Mitsubishi owners. Maybe Mitsubishi will be a bigger player in the USA again like they were in the 90s. Mitsubishis were not sold in Canada until 2004 eh. Not long before the last Lancer was released.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    With vehicle shortages going on like crazy, I'm not shocked Mitsubishi is on the up and up here, but can it last four or five years from now? I hope so. I don't want to end up like my neighbor with his Suzuki Vitara that he can never get parts for easily.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Right on, I guess now is the time to make money on cars.

Revenues up 24% this quarter.
    From my experience in having been in automotive, the way to run the business is that when sales are up like this, then have big celebrations, fireworks and give every one HUGE bonuses.

When sales are mostly flat, then do nothing.

But when sales are down, even if down by 1 vehicle quarter-over-quarter, the CEO needs to point his finger at all his employees and tell them it's their fault, and that they suck, and then fire every one of them. And I mean EVERY ONE OF THEM.

I'm available for any open, or even a currently unavailable, CEO position. But only as long as it pays MEEEEELLIONS.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-13-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea ok lol.

I think Mitsubishi should make electric versions of the Mirage, and of the Eclypse cross. That would be a good bet for the future with the way electric car sales are going (through the roof with waiting lists). Dirk has a good point with what happened to Suzuki.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

I still go back and forth over ev's. Yeah, if I had one it would suit 90% of my needs. But they're expensive to buy, I can buy a lot of gas for what any ev costs.
    Have ya'll heard about that Vietnamese Vinfast ev company coming to a North America near you. They have 2 models right meow, both suv's. Cost between $45k and $56k. You buy the vehicle but lease the battery....The more you drive, the more you pay.

Mark would be happy to know that at least one company is working on relatively quick replaceable batteries systems. I saw a vijeo the other day, you pull your car into a little garage and it automagically replaces the battery pack. You'd have to googles it.

For Suzuki, I thought a lot of the suv stuff crossed over to some gm crossovers but maybe that ended with the old rebadged suzuki sidekick/chevy tracker/gmc tracker/geo tracker/asuna sunrunner/pontiac sunrunner?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I still go back and forth over ev's. Yeah, if I had one it would suit 90% of my needs. But they're expensive to buy, I can buy a lot of gas for what any ev costs.
    Have ya'll heard about that Vietnamese Vinfast ev company coming to a North America near you. They have 2 models right meow, both suv's. Cost between $45k and $56k. You buy the vehicle but lease the battery....The more you drive, the more you pay.

Mark would be happy to know that at least one company is working on relatively quick replaceable batteries systems. I saw a vijeo the other day, you pull your car into a little garage and it automagically replaces the battery pack. You'd have to googles it.

For Suzuki, I thought a lot of the suv stuff crossed over to some gm crossovers but maybe that ended with the old rebadged suzuki sidekick/chevy tracker/gmc tracker/geo tracker/asuna sunrunner/pontiac sunrunner?
    Most cheaper evs are gonna be about the same price as your average new gas car.

What gets my interest is not buying gas anymore.

My local county charging station is free so I think I pay for that already with taxes.

In the states if you buy a new VW electric car, then you get 3 years free charging at any Electrify America station. V had to build 1000 or 10,000 electric stations because of the diesel scandal. I think there are more of them on the east coast. Anyways I am sick of paying over $50 for gas when I could fill up my Mirage for like $28 March 2020. Something is screwy and my hydro bill has not changed from my apartment to my house so 10 years same hydro bill.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

My local county charging station is free so I think I pay for that already with taxes.
    do you plan on doing all your charging at this public station? waiting an hour every week for the car to "fast" charge?

Im surprised the poverty wagon of the future hasn't made it to the states yet? https://tigorev.tatamotors.com although i guess you do have KANDI motors.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    do you plan on doing all your charging at this public station? waiting an hour every week for the car to "fast" charge?

Im surprised the poverty wagon of the future hasn't made it to the states yet? https://tigorev.tatamotors.com although i guess you do have KANDI motors.

In California, Bay Area apparently over a quarter of the charging stations don't work right, or at all. As I've said before, it's just not ready for mass adoption yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...v-2022-5%3famp

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    In California, Bay Area apparently over a quarter of the charging stations don't work right, or at all. As I've said before, it's just not ready for mass adoption yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bus...v-2022-5%3famp
    just charge at home... ive never driven farther in a single day than the range of the ****tiest ev on the market, the nissan leaf.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos