Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2129303132 LastLast

Thread: Wife's G4 just had the battery light come on again after 2 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,473 Posts
    I'm just curious... What did Carvana, Vroom and Driveway offer you?

If Carmax outbid all 3 of those places, then take their check and cash it before the ink on it is dry.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I'm just curious... What did Carvana, Vroom and Driveway offer you?

If Carmax outbid all 3 of those places, then take their check and cash it before the ink on it is dry.
    I don't think I got an offer from Driveway but Carvana, multiple GM dealers, some Honda dealers, and the most annoying Nissan dealer by me all offered between $7 to $9k. Carvana's offer was up there and they would of been my second choice but they couldn't compete with Carmax.

Mitsubishi offered the lowest amount, oddly enough.

Carmax is keeping tabs on what the other used online platforms are offering I imagine. It's a big reason why they were jumping all over the place with their offer. 1st it was $9800, then a week later, $9000, now after inspection at one of their locations, they came out swinging with 10 large.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Dirk - out of curiosity, if the Corolla base model can be had for $22k OTD? Would you or your wife consider that? I asked because I read on Reddit that someone from the east coast got that OTD price without trade. I was shocked! Corolla and G4 are a completely different animal of course...but this example is just $2k difference!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Dirk - out of curiosity, if the Corolla base model can be had for $22k OTD? Would you or your wife consider that? I asked because I read on Reddit that someone from the east coast got that OTD price without trade. I was shocked! Corolla and G4 are a completely different animal of course...but this example is just $2k difference!
    No base LE Corollas over by me are going to be around $26k total. $5k over our budget.

I suggested a base KIA Rio or base Accent, but she wasn't interested. She saw the top trim Black Edition in obsidian and made her choice. Besides neither one of those have the rear space the Mirage does and we're hoping to have a child seat back their soon.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Got it. What about the base model Versa? Thought on that?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    Got it. What about the base model Versa? Thought on that?
    Nope. We shied away from Nissan. Too many issues with their spec versions of the CVT. Matter of fact, during my oil change, the service writer mentioned they're already starting to see premature CVT failures with the new Outlanders. He laughed that they have to call Nissan all the time to get guidance.

I have to take a 2021 Nissan to the dealer to get the ac looked at. It doesn't blow cold air(compressor kicks in, cables are work...)likely low on refrigerant? I have to fill out this survey before they'll look at it Attachment 23573 I'm offended.

I get that people can be stupid and maybe this could save some time but in this case it's pretty obvious what's going on. I can count to potato usually.

Stupid survey uploaded as a pdf whoops. It's not a virus, I promise...
    Last edited by Fummins; 06-28-2022 at 10:05 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Nope. We shied away from Nissan. Too many issues with their spec versions of the CVT. Matter of fact, during my oil change, the service writer mentioned they're already starting to see premature CVT failures with the new Outlanders. He laughed that they have to call Nissan all the time to get guidance.

Had the new models of the Outlander & Rogue been given a Mitsubishi power train it would have been an improvement for the Rogue.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-28-2022),Fummins (06-28-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    [/B]
    Had the new models of the Outlander & Rogue been given a Mitsubishi power train it would have been an improvement for the Rogue.
    Outlander PHEV all the way. Still 100% Mitsu under the hood.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Sold the 2017 G4 to CarMax today. I'm picking up the black mamba July 7th. Will post pics. You guys post funny bumper stickers. Who knows? I might put it on the red rocket. Lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

twister77 (06-29-2022)