Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife's G4 just had the battery light come on again after 2 years.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Lol I just would want a manual if I owned a Shelby Cobra Mustang, that one had the automatic with the round dial gear shifter. I find those shifters shifty sorry.

I'm finding $200 a month for gas getting a bit ridiculous, especially when 40% of my income goes to income tax.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-21-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Lol I just would want a manual if I owned a Shelby Cobra Mustang, that one had the automatic with the round dial gear shifter. I find those shifters shifty sorry.

I'm finding $200 a month for gas getting a bit ridiculous, especially when 40% of my income goes to income tax.
    I am with you on the Shelby. A Shelby Mustang with an automatic transmission and a shifter that belongs on a washing machine is sacrilege...I don't care how fast it is. I'd need a GT350. I have heard the manual in those cars is divine.

I am fine with filling my Mirage up for $30 once a week since I am being reimbursed $0.39 a mile anyway, but I hate spending $90 twice a month to fill up my Acura.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    The Mustang EV is about the most fu**ing ridiculous thing I've ever witnessed. It looks like a cheap knock off Hot Wheel. It's shell is awful, the proportions are chunky as hell. Ford needs a redesign. It should look as close to the ICE Mustang as possible in my opinion.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Agreed, maybe calling it a Taurus would have been more accurate. I had one drive by me the other day and the Mach E makes a kind of "whooshing" sound. Motor(s?) not silent, but definitely not noisy.

What I find weird is first we have a 4 door Eclipse, now a 4 door Mustang.

Honestly I think this is very similar to how they don't call CUVs station wagons. Dirty word. And now they don't call sedans sedans anymore. So they are naming new 4 door cars after coupes.

What's next, a V8 Smart car called a Hummer? Slippery slope.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Agreed, Ford does strange things. Even when it comes to naming….

Remember the taurus x? It was a wagon cuv/ crossover thing. I don’t know wtf it was classified as. They eventually renamed it the freestyle.
    Then they thought it was a great idea to rebadge a Taurus as a 500. I believe that was another flop.

And thennnnnnn brought back the Maverick name and put it on a unibody mini”truck”.

And then brought back the Bronco which isn’t based off the F150 like the previous one. Then brought back a smaller Bronco but instead of calling the Bronco II it’s now a “sport”.

I quit following new models for the most part. I’ll probably keep the vehicles that I already have until I either make millions from
    YouTube or it doesn’t make financial sense to buy gas or diesel anymore. So maybe next month…

Oh, and Gm already did do something bizarre with the hummer, they made it electric, asked a ridiculously high price for the first batch and sold every one.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,849 Times in 1,102 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Oh, and Gm already did do something bizarre with the hummer, they made it electric, asked a ridiculously high price for the first batch and sold every one.
    Well, at least they didn't call it the 'Camaro-E' or something stupid like the Ford guys did. I think I read somewhere that Ford slapped the Mustang name on this new EV because of some government regulation and doing so allowed them to sell more gas-powered, tire-burner, cool guy Mustangs without a penalty.

Not sure if it is true, though. Personally, I would have resurrected the 'Galaxie' name for that thing.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-23-2022)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Agreed, maybe calling it a Taurus would have been more accurate. I had one drive by me the other day and the Mach E makes a kind of "whooshing" sound. Motor(s?) not silent, but definitely not noisy.

What I find weird is first we have a 4 door Eclipse, now a 4 door Mustang.

Honestly I think this is very similar to how they don't call CUVs station wagons. Dirty word. And now they don't call sedans sedans anymore. So they are naming new 4 door cars after coupes.

What's next, a V8 Smart car called a Hummer? Slippery slope.
    4 door Mustang? I recall the stupid progression of the Thunderbird into a tank.....
    Karl

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Took her out for another spin. AC blowing real cold at idle still and no battery light. The crimping is holding well I think.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (05-23-2022),inuvik (05-22-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Well, at least they didn't call it the 'Camaro-E' or something stupid like the Ford guys did. I think I read somewhere that Ford slapped the Mustang name on this new EV because of some government regulation and doing so allowed them to sell more gas-powered, tire-burner, cool guy Mustangs without a penalty.

Not sure if it is true, though. Personally, I would have resurrected the 'Galaxie' name for that thing.
    Ford still holds Comet, which would be my choice for that oddball EV.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ghetto rigged G4 still going strong. I'm taking her down to the beach in Charleston SC. It'll be a good test to see how she'll hold up. So far no issues, the connector is holding like champ.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (05-25-2022),Fummins (05-25-2022),inuvik (05-25-2022)