Page 28 of 32 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Wife's G4 just had the battery light come on again after 2 years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Pretty fancy! Is that fabric on the door panel and a cushioned "arm rest"?
    Padded arm rest on door? How luxurious!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-24-2022),Fummins (06-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...I'll post updates on what we get for the 2017 G4 from Carmax.
    ...2 weeks ago they offered $9800, now it's down to $9k.
    Be sure to get quotes from Carvana, Vroom, Driveway, etc. Carmax is often times towards the lower end of the price scale.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-24-2022),Fummins (06-24-2022)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Be sure to get quotes from Carvana, Vroom, Driveway, etc. Carmax is often times towards the lower end of the price scale.
    I will. Thank you Top Fuel.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    It was a $1k more for the SE trim with the proximity key and LEDs front lights, folding arm rest, but she likes the aesthetics of the Black Edition better.

I recommended just getting an ES CVT but I get she wants that comfy steering wheel since this will be her car for a least 7 years or so.

I like the 15" wheels the Black edition comes with.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My wide has got her heart set on the 2022 Black Edition G4. It's a sharp looking ride and the interior is really nice, leather wheel and soft touch material everywhere. The red stitching is well done IMO. Mitsubishi wants $500 to add the center console lol! No thanks, I can get an OEM one for $125 and install myself and a friend like last time. I might splurge though and get that OEM envelope style cargo netting for the G4. I love it in my hatchback.

I'll be in NYC over the 4th of July weekend but when we fly back the 5th, I'll post updates on what we get for the 2017 G4 from Carmax. 2 weeks ago they offered $9800, now it's down to $9k. Maybe something to do with the interests rates changing.

I figure if we can recoup 80% of what we paid for it ($10k) I'll call it a win.
    "Happy wife happy life!"

I'll throw a few things out there, too!

You may have explored this already - If the dealership is desperate for used cars, they may match a Carmax offer. Not sure how sales tax is done there, but trading in a $9,000 car would save you about $495 in sales tax (5.5%) on the new purchase in my area.

Since the 2017 G4 hasn't been traded or sold yet, you could switch wheels. That's if you prefer the aftermarket ones on the 2017 G4 over your used wheels on your Mirage. The only big hassle there - both cars would have to have their TPMS reprogrammed. That alone may be enough of a turn off. If you traded the car in for about the same price, however, you could make that part of the deal. It should be an easy task for the dealership.

$500 to add an OEM console is quite lame! Good decision to pass on that & do it yourself.

The new G4 looks pretty fancy! I hope you will still interact with us poor folks driving base models Mirages. Then again, you are still one of us with your other Mirage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (06-24-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Dirk - I don't blame you for going that route. Your wife DOES make a good point. If a person, any person, is going to hold on to a car for a long term, the initial outlay begins to be justified.

And, daggone, that car does look good. I personally think the G3's (what they should be called) look better than the hatch. Good luck!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,007 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    You may have explored this already - If the dealership is desperate for used cars, they may match a Carmax offer. Not sure how sales tax is done there, but trading in a $9,000 car would save you about $495 in sales tax (5.5%) on the new purchase in my area.
    That's good advice, and smart too! I would have to believe that dealerships would be more desperate for fuel efficient cars too, versus gas hogs. A Mirage will move quicker than the equivalent gas hog.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    "Happy wife happy life!"

Since the 2017 G4 hasn't been traded or sold yet, you could switch wheels. That's if you prefer the aftermarket ones on the 2017 G4 over your used wheels on your Mirage. The only big hassle there - both cars would have to have their TPMS reprogrammed. That alone may be enough of a turn off. If you traded the car in for about the same price, however, you could make that part of the deal. It should be an easy task for the dealership.

$500 to add an OEM console is quite lame! Good decision to pass on that & do it yourself.

The new G4 looks pretty fancy! I hope you will still interact with us poor folks driving base models Mirages. Then again, you are still one of us with your other Mirage.
    Yes, she'll have the most polished turd in the punch bowl lol.

Mark, the 175 55 r15 wheels are even more rare than our 165s! What's the closest size I can go with when I'm looking for new tires for the 15" wheels?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    "Happy wife happy life!"

I take it all back in a heartbeat to have my kiwi green 2014 Mirage.....

Besides the AC blowing warm at idle, that G4 has been well taken care of, if I may be so bold. It got oil changes, 0W-20 every 7k miles and had 2 CVT fluid changes. Its just barely under 60k. I added cruise control to it, a fancy OEM shift knob, Vision Cross alloy wheels, it's got a brand new battery, serpentine belt, and alternator.

Whoever buys it, I think will have a decent car for at least another 100k miles. Still though, I feel bad the AC issue wasn't properly corrected.

Sell it/trade it in on a cooler day. Problem solved.

If I wrecked my car tomorrow I'd probably go buy a new one an pay it off asap. There's nothing else that I'd consider at the moment, mainly because I'm cheap. I don't want to pay more money for something that's less efficient(and possibly less reliable). To get something that's more fuel efficient I'd have to pay about double what the cost of a Mirage for a plug in hybrid. I'd never recoupe that money compared to just pouring gas into a Mirage for the next 10 years, provided fuel prices don't keep rising. But electricity prices aren't going down....

Last edited by Fummins; 06-24-2022 at 08:12 PM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post: