Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 25% tint on back window and side windows all around? Any experiences with this tint%?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I'm certain my totalled '14 had 25% all around. I found that too dark for a lot of my urban areas, much less my rural roads.

I can't count the number of times a family with stroller would come from no where to cross at the intersection where I was going to make a RH turn. When I do the front windows on my '17 (currently has nothing) they will be 32%.

I'd rather be a little warm than hitting kids.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    I'm certain my totalled '14 had 25% all around. I found that too dark for a lot of my urban areas, much less my rural roads.

I can't count the number of times a family with stroller would come from no where to cross at the intersection where I was going to make a RH turn. When I do the front windows on my '17 (currently has nothing) they will be 32%.

I'd rather be a little warm than hitting kids.
    You're Canadian, you've only ever had to deal with "a little warm". Atlanta is comparable to Saigon or Bangkok in heat and humidity, in other words, it's horrible lol. I will be more diligent but I really don't see that much of a difference in night time visibility versus my 2014 Mirage, that had 32% all around minus the windshield.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    You're Canadian, you've only ever had to deal with "a little warm". Atlanta is comparable to Saigon or Bangkok in heat and humidity, in other words, it's horrible lol. I will be more diligent but I really don't see that much of a difference in night time visibility versus my 2014 Mirage, that had 32% all around minus the windshield.
    How's this for a "little warm" https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/30/dozen...heat%20dome%27.

Mind, in Ontario it was only Tunisia desert warm, so a balmy 42-45C!

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    How's this for a "little warm" https://metro.co.uk/2021/06/30/dozen...heat%20dome%27.

Mind, in Ontario it was only Tunisia desert warm, so a balmy 42-45C!

That was from a year ago? An unprecedented "heat dome" over Canada? Yeesh that's terrible but hardly the norm. Summers must be glorious up there.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That was from a year ago? An unprecedented "heat dome" over Canada? Yeesh that's terrible but hardly the norm. Summers must be glorious up there.
    That was a wild heat dome. The day of the peak the entire town of Litton burned up.

But our normal summers are awesome. The only problem is they are too short!

Banned
    Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    My shade is 32%, and it's a great option until you have kids. I couldn't afford 25%, and I didn't need it because I live in an area where people only know about the sun from fairy tales. However, when sunny days do come, I have problems with transporting my son. It is quite a long drive from my house to the nearest shopping center, so the baby could sleep at this time, but he is fussy because of the minimal lighting. I ordered the car shade for baby because it looks reliable in the ad. Hopefully, this is my one and last experiment with car glass because I'm satisfied with the tint.
    Last edited by Eggman; 11-01-2023 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Scam link removed and account banned

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,395 Times in 1,012 Posts
    Atlanta is comparable to Saigon or Bangkok in heat and humidity, in other words, it's horrible lol.
    Yeah, but it's a dry heat! Like the quote from the movie Aliens as they were sweating their butts off.

I'd like to tent my Mirage, but I've made up my mind to try to spend $0 on it. My Lexus looks like limo tint (and may be). With the somewhat dark interior, dark tint and window shades on the rear sides and rear windows, the back looks completely blacked out. Had that car nearly 10 years and haven't been pulled over yet about the tint. I guess because it's a big grandpa car and doesn't get noticed.

My plan is, if I ever do get pulled over, the first thing I'll do is drop all 4 windows. With the car turned off, and all 4 windows down, I think an argument could be made that if they can't measure the windows "in plain sight" / as-is, tough noogies. I'd hate to try to make that argument. But that's my plan if it ever comes to pass.

The only problem I have with the tent is, backing up, looking through the glass into the outside mirrors, at night, but only when raining. That's not often.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-04-2023)