Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 10-Year Mitsubishi Warranty Question

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Go to an auto parts store and have them scan for codes. Or if you have a bit of cash get a Bluetooth scanner. I just got an ELM 327 Mini for 12 USD on Amazon. But yeah get it scanned asap to see if there is anything you can do about it yourself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Princess_Bishi For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Hey wondering what happened with this? Did OP every wind up taking it in? Does anyone have definitive answer about whether the 10 year powertrain warranty transfers in Canada. I just got my 2017 and at the dealership (multiple people) swore up and down that the warranty is with the car not the owner. But I'd sleep better knowing that was true, especially given that like everyone forced to buy a car right not, I overpaid. I wanted to wait on a new one, but could go the whole summer without a car, five remaining years of warranty was a big factor in my decision.

Thanks all. This forum has been so helpful.

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gokartkid View Post
    Hey wondering what happened with this? Did OP every wind up taking it in? Does anyone have definitive answer about whether the 10 year powertrain warranty transfers in Canada. I just got my 2017 and at the dealership (multiple people) swore up and down that the warranty is with the car not the owner. But I'd sleep better knowing that was true, especially given that like everyone forced to buy a car right not, I overpaid. I wanted to wait on a new one, but could go the whole summer without a car, five remaining years of warranty was a big factor in my decision.

Thanks all. This forum has been so helpful.
    I never ended up taking it in to get it fixed. Check engine light is still on but the car works fine. However, I did call my local Mitsubishi and the car is still covered (160,000km or November 2024 in my case in Canada). The problems need to be major and not wear and tear in order to be covered for repairs from what I understand.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Leungsta View Post
    I never ended up taking it in to get it fixed. Check engine light is still on but the car works fine. However, I did call my local Mitsubishi and the car is still covered (160,000km or November 2024 in my case in Canada). The problems need to be major and not wear and tear in order to be covered for repairs from what I understand.
    Good to know. I’m waiting on a response from Mitsubishi Canada about mine. Fingers crossed, seems like in Canada it might really transfer. I also realized mine was originally sold during the ten year bumper to bumper promotion. I’m guess it’s a long shot that that is still valid, but we’ll see. Glad to hear your ride is still running smooth.