Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10-Year Mitsubishi Warranty Question

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

10-Year Mitsubishi Warranty Question

Hi all, I bought my used 2014 Mirage just over a month ago and a check engine light came on recently. Car still works fine so I’m not concerned, but I started thinking about the 10-year warranty and what’s covered.

Anyone in Canada have experience regarding Mitsubishi warranty? I believe my car would still be covered considering it’s within 10 years and below 200k km? Is it worth bringing the car in?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,540 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Leungsta View Post
    ...my car would still be covered considering it’s within 10 years and below 200k km?
    I thought the warranty was good up to 160,000 kilometers in Canada?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I thought the warranty was good up to 160,000 kilometers in Canada?
    I’m at 143k so I guess I’m still good! Lol wasn’t sure what the limit was

Nobody’s gonna be able to answer that one until you figure out why the light is on. Look up warranty coverage…powertrain warrant is 10 years, 160,000km. The engine light doesn’t mean power train. If you have to ask, maybe it’s better to take it in and be at the mercy of the dealer. If you’re up for trying to fix it yourself, find out what code you have. Then post it here.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-23-2022),vintzend (05-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Nobody’s gonna be able to answer that one until you figure out why the light is on. Look up warranty coverage…powertrain warrant is 10 years, 160,000km. The engine light doesn’t mean power train. If you have to ask, maybe it’s better to take it in and be at the mercy of the dealer. If you’re up for trying to fix it yourself, find out what code you have. Then post it here.
    Goes back to my original question, what defines “powertrain”. If I’ve got a rattle from my engine at idle is it something that is covered? Or will they charge me for labour to identify the issue and then decide after if it’s covered ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Hi all, I bought my used 2014 Mirage just over a month ago and a check engine light came on recently. Car still works fine so I’m not concerned, but I started thinking about the 10-year warranty and what’s covered.

Anyone in Canada have experience regarding Mitsubishi warranty? I believe my car would still be covered considering it’s within 10 years and below 200k km? Is it worth bringing the car in?
    In the States, the 10-year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty does not transfer to the 2nd owner of a Mirage. The 5-year/60,000 mile bumper-to-bumper warranty does transfer, however.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (05-23-2022),vintzend (05-25-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I hate to say this but....Mits offered a double warranty during 2017, everything IIRC including roadside BUT there's no reference to the program on Mits Canada. I printed out the program and filed it in case I need coverage under the extension.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What @mark said, i thought the warranty was non-transferrable?
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Don't quote me, but Mits Canada didn't exclude transferring the warranty. Legally they do need to point this out up front or they get hammered hard by the various agencies.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Goes back to my original question, what defines “powertrain”. If I’ve got a rattle from my engine at idle is it something that is covered? Or will they charge me for labour to identify the issue and then decide after if it’s covered ?
    Hope for the best, expect the worst…I have no clue what’s wrong with your car. Maybe a dealer will fix it under warranty, maybe not. Find the warranty booklet. Call the dealer and ask them. They’ll probably say bring it by, if it’s covered under warranty you won’t pay. If it’s not you pay $$$$. Nobody can answer your questions.

You might be able to get a new engine if it’s knocking and using oil. I got a freebie engine in my previous car that had a slight knock. I was the 3rd owner and had zero maintenance recorded. Car was over 6 years old at the time iirc. There was a recall for the engine so if line was replaced because of the recall or if it was actually a warranty job.
    A few others in the US got freebie engines covered as well with no service records and not the original owners.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)