Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strange A/C setting..

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Strange A/C setting..

Hi all. 2020 Mirage. I am experiencing something strange with my Air Conditioning. Mode set for air to blow on face only. Fan speed set to max. Plenty of cold air blowing from the top middle 2 vents and driver side and passenger vents. but when I hit the RECIRC BUTTON, air blowing from vents cuts down in half yet the fan speed indicator bars show still set to max.Anyone else experience this.. Other cars I own the amount of air blowing out of vents stays the same regardless of position of RECIRC BUTTON. I believe all the RECIRC button is supposed to do is shut a door to out the outside air not affect the air flow to the cabin. Thanks..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I believe Fummins posted a discovery the air door you speak of operates strangely in the Mirage. Or not at all. Something like that...
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Fummins.. Can I assume that it is the name of someone who posted on the forum ?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,416 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Yes, he is. And he's like a general surgeon regarding Mirages. He's spilt their guts all over and knows them inside and out.

I have a 2020 also, I'll check to see if mine does this. But I'm a windows down kind of person, I don't mess with the HVAC much (is why I couldn't say).

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yes please do. As I said fan speed on max It blows fine under regular conditions but as soon as I hit the RECIRC BUTTON 4 seconds later you can hear an increase in what sound like fan speed noise but when you put your hand over the vent much less air is coming out than before the button was pressed. Thanks..

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by midengine View Post
    Fummins.. Can I assume that it is the name of someone who posted on the forum ?
    Fummins is a mechanic for a company that uses Mirages as delivery vehicles. He maintains a fleet of Mirages & other vehicles.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,709 Times in 2,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT View Post
    I believe Fummins posted a discovery the air door you speak of operates strangely in the Mirage. Or not at all. Something like that...
    I remember Mohammad releasing a clip on cleaning the blower on a Mirage -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh7Umi-J9mk&t=118s

Near the end of the clip he shows how the door flips between the two modes.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-01-2022),vintzend (06-04-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    What Mark said, its around 5:20 in that youtube video he linked. Id recommend you remove the glovebox and have a look for yourself. its possible something is dangling behind the glovebox and stopping airflow. instructions can be found in that youtube video.
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

10. The Following User Says Thank You to mohammad For This Useful Post:

Mark (06-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mohammad View Post
    What Mark said, its around 5:20 in that youtube video he linked. Id recommend you remove the glovebox and have a look for yourself. its possible something is dangling behind the glovebox and stopping airflow. instructions can be found in that youtube video.
    That's it! That is what I saw! It was you, mohammad! I apologize for the error!
    Karl

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CROSSBOLT For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-01-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by midengine View Post
    Hi all. 2020 Mirage. I am experiencing something strange with my Air Conditioning. Mode set for air to blow on face only. Fan speed set to max. Plenty of cold air blowing from the top middle 2 vents and driver side and passenger vents. but when I hit the RECIRC BUTTON, air blowing from vents cuts down in half yet the fan speed indicator bars show still set to max.Anyone else experience this.. Other cars I own the amount of air blowing out of vents stays the same regardless of position of RECIRC BUTTON. I believe all the RECIRC button is supposed to do is shut a door to out the outside air not affect the air flow to the cabin. Thanks..

First of all I would like to thank everyone for your inputs, helped.. I pulled down the glove box and above the blower motor was a plastic bag lodged in. I removed the bag and everything is working fine..(I Won't comment on who keeps stuffing the glove box with junk) Only 5 K miles on the car but cabin filter was dirty. so I killed two birds with one stone.. Again thanks for all your inputs. V.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to midengine For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-01-2022),mohammad (06-01-2022),vintzend (06-04-2022)