Thread: Uneven/crooked hood line.

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Uneven/crooked hood line.

I feel like this is a stupid question but does anyone else's Mirage has this uneven hood gap between their hood and front bumper? I've adjusted the hinges several times and also the height of the small rubber standoffs several times but it never seems to make much of a difference. I've even tried twisting the hood a bit with it open to compensate, but to no avail. Now I am wondering if the hood itself is crooked or the front bumper/fascia? If you did have this issue, how did you fix it? As far as I know, this car was never in an collision.

Name:  mirage.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  91.3 KB

Name:  2020_mitsubishi_mirage_engine.jpg
Views: 457
Size:  95.0 KB

Thanks.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Haven't had the issue, but maybe someone had the bumper off, or a fastener is loose/broken. Sounds like you've tried all the hood adjustments.

Is the hood out of whack or is it the bumper/rad support?

If you lean too hard on the tin foil rad support you can bend it.(same goes for the upper fender supports).

It might be worth a try just grabbing the top passenger side corner of the rad support(upper tie bar) kinda where you have it circled and give it a yank. Or could try backing off the 10mm bolts that hold the bumper cover to the tie bar and try to adjust the bumper forwards a little on the rh side?

Maybe take a look underneath as well to see make sure it didn't get hit(ran into something) from below. The rad supports are just as flimsly down low as up above. But usually if the bottom is tweaked back you'll see the bumper is bent/kinked where it meets the fender though.

It's kinda hard to say from the pic though. The headlight to bumper gap doesn't look weird so I dunno..
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Is the hood out of whack or is it the bumper/rad support?

If you lean too hard on the tin foil rad support you can bend it.(same goes for the upper fender supports).

It might be worth a try just grabbing the top passenger side corner of the rad support(upper tie bar) kinda where you have it circled and give it a yank. Or could try backing off the 10mm bolts that hold the bumper cover to the tie bar and try to adjust the bumper forwards a little on the rh side?

Maybe take a look underneath as well to see make sure it didn't get hit(ran into something) from below. The rad supports are just as flimsly down low as up above. But usually if the bottom is tweaked back you'll see the bumper is bent/kinked where it meets the fender though.

It's kinda hard to say from the pic though. The headlight to bumper gap doesn't look weird so I dunno..
    I’ll take a closer look tomorrow when it’s not raining. I bet you’re right, since I’ve pretty much ruled out the hood itself and the bumper. Thanks!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 41.5 mpg (US) ... 17.7 km/L ... 5.7 L/100 km ... 49.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    You would know if it's the hood or not by looking at the gaps above the headlights. If they match on both sides it's pretty safe to assume the hood is aligned correctly. Either that or your headlights would also have to be crooked.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I ran into a curb while parking the other day thinking the car would go overtop just like the suv's next to me. My hood gap looks about as large as yours, Although mine is fairly consistent from side to side.

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos