Thread: Glovebox USB port randomly looses power?

Country
    Sweden
    Thanks

Unhappy Glovebox USB port randomly looses power?

Hey folks. I tried searching this forum, but never found any thread with a possible solution to this problem which looked concluded.

I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2, which is equivalent to 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 (in US)

There is a USB port in a glovebox which I use for charging a phone (phone used as a GPS).
    The car has standard simple radio with CD drive, and no fancy multimedia system (just in case this info might be relevant).

Ever since the beginning, it seems like this USB port has been living it's own life, sometimes it would deliver power right upon the ignintion and keep working for a while (i see the phone charging), only to randomly stop delivering any power a bit later in the mid drive (phone stops charging).

Sometimes it's a reversed scenario: it wouldn't even work right from the moment of ignition, and then starts working some time later in the mid drive.

Tested with multiple phones, same thing with all of them.

Now I didn't do any voltage measurments on this USB port yet, but does anybody still happen to know why this might be happening?

Megaweird :/

Last edited by m4xiJo; 06-06-2022 at 04:47 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by m4xiJo View Post
    Hey folks. I tried searching this forum, but never found any thread with a possible solution to this problem which looked concluded.

I have a 2013 Mitsubishi Space Star 1.2, which is equivalent to 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 (in US)

There is a USB port in a glovebox which I use for charging a phone (phone used as a GPS).
    The car has standard simple radio with CD drive, and no fancy multimedia system (just in case this info might be relevant).

Ever since the beginning, it seems like this USB port has been living it's own life, sometimes it would deliver power right upon the ignintion and keep working for a while (i see the phone charging), only to randomly stop delivering any power a bit later in the mid drive (phone stops charging).

Sometimes it's a reversed scenario: it wouldn't even work right from the moment of ignition, and then starts working some time later in the mid drive.

Tested with multiple phones, same thing with all of them.

Now I didn't do any voltage measurments on this USB port yet, but does anybody still happen to know why this might be happening?

Megaweird :/
    Have you checked the other end? I know some of them got power off the stereo; could be loose?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

inuvik (06-06-2022)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    There's a warning message if you draw too much power from usb port. have you seen it before: https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth.../9840-USB-port
    please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    this USB port if same as ours draws power from the radio, it has two port power and data, maybe try looking at the back of your radio.