Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Technically challenged

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    This was almost my problem, close but no cigar. However, you guys got me thinking that I should pull out my OEM deck and have a look at the wires.

My backup camera has started fading to black way to often and I missed the 3 year/60,000 kms secret/hidden warranty. I have less than 57,000 kms as of writing this post on my 2018. I am the original owner and the car is 100% stock. According to the dealer, the OEM head unit is failing and I need a replacement.

They tried a software update but that didn't work. I highly doubt they pulled the head unit out to look at it. Now I'm hoping for a lose wire connection on the backup camera.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    FYI. The dealer refused to provide any documentation that they looked at my back-up camera issues. Went in twice, both times no invoice or documentation. Little sketchy if you ask me.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drscooter86 View Post
    FYI. The dealer refused to provide any documentation that they looked at my back-up camera issues. Went in twice, both times no invoice or documentation. Little sketchy if you ask me.
    If your Mirage is beyond the warranty period & they didn't charge you to look at it, what would have made the situation better? If they charged you $100 to look at it, would you feel better about the situation?

I agree your backup camera not working is a bummer. Not owning a vehicle with one, I had to search for this -

"Based on what vehicle owners say in online forums, it could be as long as 10 years or as short as 10 days. Some owners report problems with cameras conking out or working only intermittently even before the new-car smell wears off, while others say they've received years of reliable service." Jan 17, 2016

The above quote was for cars in general (not just the Mirage). The quote is also before backup cameras became mandatory for the States in 2018.

I hope you get it figured out, & share what is going on?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-22-2023)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CROSSBOLT
    I got this one! The Mitsubishi Mirage connects ONLY with Apple IOS and Android OS based devices.
    At least with the bluetooth I briefly had in my 2015 DE it successfully bluetoothed to my Nokia SymbianOS phone. Though I couldn't adjust the volume , so it was uncomfortably loud.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    At least with the bluetooth I briefly had in my 2015 DE it successfully bluetoothed to my Nokia SymbianOS phone. Though I couldn't adjust the volume , so it was uncomfortably loud.
    I have a base level 2017 ES Mirage. Bluetooth & backup cameras (mandatory) become standard in 2018.

My Mirage has the basic radio with no screen, but Bluetooth was added to my Mirage at the factory. The buttons for Bluetooth are on the dash next to the traction control buttons instead of the steering wheel.

Regardless of my radio being turned on or off, Bluetooth will connect & work with my phone (provided the Bluetooth feature is turned on for my phone). I have never touched the Bluetooth buttons on my dash. I guess I haven't found a reason to do so at least.

My point - my Bluetooth plays regardless of the radio being on or off, and my volume control is done with my phone. The radio volume has no impact on volume. Most of the time, my radio isn't even turned on.

Can't you control the volume of your Bluetooth with your phone volume?

I am not a high tech person. I have a cheap Motorola Android cell phone, but my Bluetooth works without issue & that includes phone calls & even Google Maps giving out instructions.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Luckily that's a past me problem, have long since been Mirageless.

Attempting to adjust the volume on the phone with music playing while bluetoothed resulted in a popup "Adjust volume from receiving device". Weirdly though the volume rockers on the phone DID work for phone calls. Guess it was just how they implemented the bluetooth APIs on my now nearly 13 year old phone. Bought used for $200 on ebay almost 10 years ago it has in most other ways been a perfect phone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Luckily that's a past me problem, have long since been Mirageless.

Attempting to adjust the volume on the phone with music playing while bluetoothed resulted in a popup "Adjust volume from receiving device". Weirdly though the volume rockers on the phone DID work for phone calls. Guess it was just how they implemented the bluetooth APIs on my now nearly 13 year old phone. Bought used for $200 on ebay almost 10 years ago it has in most other ways been a perfect phone.
    I never paid that much ($200) for a cell phone.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

mohammad (04-23-2023)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by drscooter86 View Post
    What dealer? Newmarket? They are dicks.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)