Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Technically challenged

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Technically challenged

Just bought 2019 Mitsubishi Mirage G4 sedan, trying to figure out all the technology in these new cars, it's challenging. I cannot get the backup camera to work when I put it in reverse it doesn't pop up on the screen like it's supposed to and when I go to it manually on the screen I get nothing but a black screen. Is it possible the camera doesn't work or am I doing something wrong? I also cannot get the steering wheel controls to work the stereo etc. The cruise control on the right side works fine but none of the controls on the left side work at all. Manuel says to hold down mode button and it will work but when I hold it down nothing happens.???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And I also can't get my Android phone to link with the Bluetooth phone system in the car. It says it's not supported. Does this phone system only accept iPhones and Apple products? Not android?

Hi, Sippah - welcome to the forum!

It sounds like something's wrong - it's not you.

The reverse camera should come on automatically whenever you shift to reverse.

Considering you're also having trouble with the audio controls, it makes me wonder if the the head unit was changed and not hooked up correctly?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-07-2022)

What metro said. Do the buttons light up on the steering wheels controls when the headlights are on?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippah View Post
    And I also can't get my Android phone to link with the Bluetooth phone system in the car. It says it's not supported. Does this phone system only accept iPhones and Apple products? Not android?
    I got this one! The Mitsubishi Mirage connects ONLY with Apple IOS and Android OS based devices. China MP3 players from Amazon and elsewhere DO NOT connect. Found this on the Mitsu website after the dealer could/would not respond to my question. My Samsung tablet bluetooth connects just fine but not my wife's cheapo player.

That other stuff you described sounds like stuff is unplugged. But why would it be unplugged? You get a Carfax on this? Get one even now because if it had been wrecked or flooded you may have certain rights....
    Karl

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Something is definitely wrong. The steering wheel controls are in the same plug as Power and speaker. So if that was disconnected the radio will not turn on. Android auto is via the USB which could be unplugged. The reverse camera is also in its own plug and could be disconnected. I would pull the radio and see if the harness was hacked up and anything is not connected. You may have the previous owner that took their aftermarket head unit back out but did not return the vehicle to stock functionality.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to BillAce For This Useful Post:

CROSSBOLT (06-07-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,387 Times in 1,006 Posts
    Sippah - This may not be the answer, but a run through your fuse box to make sure all fuses are good would be worth your time.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Hi, Sippah - welcome to the forum!

It sounds like something's wrong - it's not you.

The reverse camera should come on automatically whenever you shift to reverse.

Considering you're also having trouble with the audio controls, it makes me wonder if the the head unit was changed and not hooked up correctly?
    I believe the problem with all three of the things that I can't get to work are related, there is a pioneer symbol at the top of the screen, I'm pretty sure these things didn't come stock with pioneer stereo systems I know they had Rockford fosgate as an option because I drove a hatchback that had that but I think this is an aftermarket stereo system hooked in to the audio controls of the Mitsubishi. And that's why the steering controls don't work the backup cameras probably disconnected and I still can't figure out why my phone won't work I have an Android OS system. It tries to auto connect but it can't and when I try to connect it manually it says not supported???

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    So it is an aftermarket stereo that was put in my car it is a pioneer mvh-210ex. I took it to the dealer and the tech there pulled the head unit and the connectors for the backup camera and steering wheel controls do not fit that particular model so I'll have to get a connector like you said and have it wired in. Did you say my Android phone will only work if it's hooked to the USB? Because when I search on my phone for the head unit it does come up but it won't connect. And I googled that particular model radio and it says the radio connects with the phone by way of Bluetooth. When I tried to connect the phone through the unit it brings up three other phones that have been connected to it but it doesn't seem to be able to find my phone. Do I just need to hook the phone into the USB port?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sippah View Post
    So it is an aftermarket stereo that was put in my car it is a pioneer mvh-210ex. I took it to the dealer and the tech there pulled the head unit and the connectors for the backup camera and steering wheel controls do not fit that particular model so I'll have to get a connector like you said and have it wired in. Did you say my Android phone will only work if it's hooked to the USB? Because when I search on my phone for the head unit it does come up but it won't connect. And I googled that particular model radio and it says the radio connects with the phone by way of Bluetooth. When I tried to connect the phone through the unit it brings up three other phones that have been connected to it but it doesn't seem to be able to find my phone. Do I just need to hook the phone into the USB port?
    Bill ace above is talking about Android Auto. a quick google search shows that your $170 entry level low budget head unit does not support android auto. Android auto would let you put phone apps like google maps on the touch screen while connected with usb. The bluetooth you're talking about is only for music and phone calls.Your radio also supports music only from a phone with the usb cable but ive never personally seen that done before: https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...vers/MVH-210EX

please consider checking out my Mirage related youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6c...IEViRFw/videos