Thread: WANTED: Mirage 5dr Trailer Hitch, Wiring and Roof Rack

Country
    United States
    Thanks

WANTED: Mirage 5dr Trailer Hitch, Wiring and Roof Rack

I really only haul small items like furniture and bicycles when needed so buying a small pickup truck just for that purchase seems unnecessary. Then I found out there's a trailer hitch and roof rack available for the Mirage!

Does anyone have some they don't want? Looking for a shipped price to 34653, USA.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    I believe you'd probably be out less money or close to the same with buying the hitch new (I forget the brand and model) that most everyone on here (including me) buys, from Amazon.

Roof Rack? Can't help ya there.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 7milesout For This Useful Post:

mohammad (06-15-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 7milesout View Post
    I believe you'd probably be out less money or close to the same with buying the hitch new (I forget the brand and model) that most everyone on here (including me) buys, from Amazon.

Roof Rack? Can't help ya there.
    There's some truth to that. I bought a used hitch for my Mirage. In all fairness here, it was offered for free. I paid $75 for it, because I didn't feel right about just taking it. Plus, he went to the dealership to take it off of his Mirage after the trade was already made for me. Thank you Karl!

I had a really hard time coming up with the correct hardware parts to install it, however. I thought that would be simple, but it wasn't. Etrailer.com wanted $55 for a hitch hardware kit, & I only needed a few pieces. They would not help me out. I spent a lot of time searching & buying a more affordable kit for another brand of hitch & making it work. Even then they sent the wrong hardware kit, which made installation even harder. They sent the right kit for free after the fact, but I had the hitch already installed. I have an unused hitch hardware kit for a Mirage now.

When it was all said & done, buying a new hitch with all the correct hardware delivered to my home would have been much easier. I drove a few hours for that hitch, too. With today's gas prices, the new one would be cheaper than the used one.

Use etralier.com to see what hitch you need and then shop around on Amazon for a better price. I like my Curt hitch. It's better than the Draw-tite I have installed on other vehicles.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I agree with Mark. It may be quicker & easier to get a new hitch. They really aren't really that expensive. I also have the Curt hitch & it fits & works very well. If you have the patience, you do not need to enlarge any holes in the frame of your car. Also, there is a light adapter that is plug & play for the light harness so you do not need to splice any wires for the lights. Oh, & don't forget to put a couple drops of oil on the hitch every time you use it so it wont rust & seize in the receiver...
    I didn't know what to do, so I didn't do anything

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.3 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,010 Posts
    Curt 11394. That's one I and most buy. It fits quite nice, just as klroger mentioned.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2020 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.4 mpg (US) ... 18.0 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Watch Amazon. Out of the blue my second Curt was only $110 ? maybe, not much more. That beats a used deal especially if you have to scrounge the hardware as Mark can attest.

Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)