Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Average MPG

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the info. Sheds light on the subject.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    2018 manual
    hwy 4.8L/100km
    city 6L/100km
    combine something in between.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by midengine View Post
    2020 Mirage ES. I Took a long Highway Trip this weekend, after driving about an hour at approx 65 MPH, I noticed on my gauge it said my average MPG was 50.3 MPG. Is that possible or is the MPG Gauge rigged. Anyone else getting these readings. I know we are supposed to get about 39 to 40 MPG but 50.3 Any inputs on this.. Thanks..
    Getting 4.5 L / 100 km's earlier today going around 110 kms an hour, around 57 miles an hour.

That's like 52 Miles a gallon. Better MPGs than advertised. That's okay with me. My Mirage has been consistent with this for over 8 years I have been driving this car. Get around 5.9 L / 100 kms in the winter time driving the same speed.

A great photo to stir up some envy on Facebook

Name:  four point five.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  64.1 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I took my family of 4 for a 130 miles trip one way via 100% hwy at 65 mph w/ cruise control on ( only 1 stop half way for quick restroom break) and the cluster gauge shows avg mpg is 50.3.

50.3 x 0.93 = 46.77 approximately true MPG I believe. That's terrific especially when weight is loaded with 4 bodies, 2 car seats, backpacks, duffel bag and strollers!

The road noise was loud BUT unquestionably comfy for us 4 to my surprise (was considering taking my 05' 17 MPG Highlander for comforts and speeds). I just wish for a sturdy armrest on the G4 since my aftermarket kind was already broken thanks to cheap plastics. Maybe I should get the OEM?? anyone chime in on that?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to defensivetackle88 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-17-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post
    I took my family of 4 for a 130 miles trip one way via 100% hwy at 65 mph w/ cruise control on ( only 1 stop half way for quick restroom break) and the cluster gauge shows avg mpg is 50.3.

50.3 x 0.93 = 46.77 approximately true MPG I believe. That's terrific especially when weight is loaded with 4 bodies, 2 car seats, backpacks, duffel bag and strollers!

The road noise was loud BUT unquestionably comfy for us 4 to my surprise (was considering taking my 05' 17 MPG Highlander for comforts and speeds). I just wish for a sturdy armrest on the G4 since my aftermarket kind was already broken thanks to cheap plastics. Maybe I should get the OEM?? anyone chime in on that?
    My 2017 ES came with the OEM armrest added at the factory. It's very small. I am about 6' 1", & I cannot rest my elbow on it while my hand is on the steering wheel. I tend to steer left handed the majority of the time, & I do rest my right elbow on the rest. I could live without it, however. I surely wouldn't buy one. It's the most worthless factory armrest I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    My 2017 ES came with the OEM armrest added at the factory. It's very small. I am about 6' 1", & I cannot rest my elbow on it while my hand is on the steering wheel. I tend to steer left handed the majority of the time, & I do rest my right elbow on the rest. I could live without it, however. I surely wouldn't buy one. It's the most worthless factory armrest I have ever seen.
    Great reminder! I'm gonna stuff a pillow between the front seats of my car to make a ghetto armrest. If it's a game changer I might look into one of those universal seat mounted armrests? Something like this https://www.wish.com/product/609bb65...true&share=web
    The seat back is made of tinfoil but I have a welder.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post

A great photo to stir up some envy on Facebook

Name:  four point five.jpg
Views: 380
Size:  64.1 KB

I'm envious of the CEL I only have and airbag light on mine... I won't be suprised if I start throwing cat efficiency codes as I'm getting closer to 300k kms.
    Will post "real life" fuel economy numbers of a boring 5hr round trip if I remember on Sunday. Along with a trip A 99mpg picture if I can remember how to switch the cluster to merican.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Yea eh, or envious of the cake of dust/pollen. CEL is for evap leak. Has been like this over 3 years.

Have a fun trip, getting expensive to do any road trips this summer. I'm driving to the big ol' city of Toronto to see the Blue Jays next month. Thought of taking the train because driving into Toronto is that bad. Edmonton is a better city to drive in. Huge city too but Toronto is like bumper-to-bumper stop and go traffic, and everyone's in a hurry. And everyone seems to be driving high end cars.

Cost wise, train is even worse than paying for gas.

Also got my vacation to Manitoba in August, and my car rental then, a Hyundai Kona or equivalent. Curious what my gas mileage will be with that thing. Guessing around 7.0 L / 100 km's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (06-20-2022)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by defensivetackle88 View Post

I did an approximately 7 hour round trip yesterday. I used the A/C going there, because of my cargo. I was delivering an older puppy that cost more than what Fummins paid for his used Mirage. I drove with the A/C off & some windows down on the way back. There was some 70+ mph interstate driving along the way. Most of it was state highways, county roads, & had to go through a few small towns along the way. The first 40 minutes of my drive was quite hilly. I also got stuck in one town having a parade. That created some extra hassle to get through or around.

I could have made it home on one tank of gas, but I filled up when I had one bar left on the gas gauge. My mpg was approximately 47.7 mpg (336 miles/7.043 gallons) on this trip. 47-48 mpg are very typical summer time numbers (mixed driving) for me (2017 ES manual). That's with 165/65r14 Kumho Solus TA31 tires up front and Nexen N'Priz AH5 tires on the rear. Both are relatively newer tires in my mind.

Trip was uneventful.
    I filled up Saturday morning and put on100km before heading out. Driving with the cruise on at 114kph(as per gps) the cluster was reading an average of 5.6l/100km (42mpg). It started at 5.3 when I left the city. I had the ac on for the first hour, gauge showed as bad as 5.7l/100km...slowing down to 110 didn't change things. I eventually turned the ac off and rolled the windows down and the gauge came down to 5.6l/100km. On the way back home yesterday morning the cluster started coming down and was reading 5.3l/100km by the time I hit Edmonton.

I filled up this morning and ended up with 5.6l/100km 42mpg hand calculated. I can’t complain but it was disappointing watching the mileage get worse and worse the further I drove. Turning off the ac and slowing down slightly didn't really change things. The few cars that I did pass were newer VW's doing well under the speed limit for some reason. I noted that there were hardly any motorhomes or holiday trailers on the highway, I don't wonder why.

Last edited by Fummins; 06-20-2022 at 12:43 PM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (06-26-2022)