Thread: Used Mitsubishi Mirage G4

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Used Mitsubishi Mirage G4

We purchased a 2018 Mitsubishi Mirage about two months ago. The car is great. I noticed that when I first accelerate, the car lurches back and forth until it reaches ~15 MPH. Is that something I need to have looked or do I just need to give it more gas.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do you have a warranty? I would take it to a shop or the dealership if you aren’t familiar with cars already. Walk in as informed as possible about the issue you are experiencing so that they have the info they need in order to repair it.

If you have no warranty you could start by checking the CVT fluid if it’s not a manual. The dip stick is under the hood on the right side of the engine bay. Should say “A/T” on the top. Check it while the car is running, with the car on a very level surface. If it’s tilted it won’t read correctly. Wouldn’t hurt to ensure all your tire pressures are the same as well. If you just started the car it should read withing the “c” lines. If you have been driving then it should read within the “h” lines. If it was my car that’s where I’d start.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Also feel free to add all your car info to your profile so that other owners of your model can help! Mine is a ‘17 SE which is naturally aspirated. I’m not as familiar with issues G4s can experience.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Bishi View Post
    Mine is a ‘17 SE which is naturally aspirated. I’m not as familiar with issues G4s can experience.
    Same car, different body realistically... not enough differences to note

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)